Chicago bakery loses 800 workers after immigration raid

If you are a citizen you can qualify for all sorts of poor person benefits as long as you don't work. Immigrants can't get the same types of assistance, which is why they end up taking the jobs.

If you are a citizen you can qualify for all sorts of poor person benefits as long as you don't work. Immigrants can't get the same types of assistance, which is why they end up taking the jobs.

Actually immigrants can. They can qualify for Medicaid in many instances when US citizens cant. Immigrants can have babies and can get Medicaid to pay for it, even if theyre working. Many poor Murkans cant and if they cant pay the hospitals just eat the costs.

It's not a businesses fault the government failed to do its job and secure the border.

If the illegal immigrant has used identity theft or some form of document fraud, it can be very hard for small businesses to be able to detect such a thing. It can even be difficult for a large business to do so.

What would you like business owners to do in these kinds of instances? Send in Scooby and the team? Perhaps James Bond?

The punishment you wish to impose is based upon the false notion that an employer has perfect information at all times about every aspect of every applicant.

I was born and raised in Delaware until about 13. All my family still lives there but my mom and 2 cousins.
Delaware has the highest chicken to people ratio in the US. It used to be in the 1960's you could go work at the chicken plant and support your family. Since the 2000's a majority of workers are Guatemalan
I had an uncle that was pretty high up in the chicken plant. He would tell me, they would get tips that immigration would be swinging by and about 80% of that shift would not show up. A lot of the farms in the area, the pickers are not Americans. Sure some of the workers are here legally on a work visa, but I personally know people who have illegals working for them.
If the above examples you mentioned was the only reason illegals have jobs, then sure I would agree, but that is not the case. I am saying people knowingly hire illegals, because they work cheaper and as a business owner myself, that FICA is a bitch to pay. It would be and is easier to pay people to do work under the table as a small business owner.
I own a business that I spend lots of time on Construction sites. When I started in the business 16 years ago, at the site, the music I would hear would be Led Zepplin, Creedence, Tom Petty, Skynard or the local classic rock station. Now it is all Spanish music. I tripped out about 3 months ago, when I heard Solsbury Hill being played at a site, followed by Mike and the Mechanics and then some Genesis. Dude was obviously a Genisis fan. That was a 4 million dollar house with lots of ornate interior refinements, which due to price point, you would want a skilled craftsman handling those materials, not some dude you picked up in front of Home Depot.

Punishment for the aiding and abetting please. Owners, CEO, managers, HR, anyone with a connection to this please face some consequences.

People who are illegally in the country need to get the fuck out.

If they work they are adding to the total productivity output of the economy. If they arent then they are being a burden.
I'd rather have McD pay living wages like chain stores In-N-Out burgers or Costco to attract american/legal workers. Those illegal workers at that bakery plant are not paying state/federal taxes, but i bet they or their children utilize public services.

Yup. Alot of Americans are lazy.
I know you are not american or dont even live here.

but have you ever been to In-N-Out (think McDonalds) or Costco(think Walmart)? Employees at In N Out and Costco are legal workers because they get paid well. Americans would do those jobs if the pay is not slave wages like in 3rd world country

I'd rather have McD pay living wages like chain stores In-N-Out burgers or Costco to attract american/legal workers. Those illegal workers at that bakery plant are not paying state/federal taxes, but i bet they or their children utilize public services.

You asked me how they contributed to the economy and i answered.

And their children are most likely Americans.

Pay a decent wage and Americans will do it. Problem is not lack of American workers, it is greedy capitalists who do not want to pay a decent wage.
Pay decent wage, watch prices skyrocket, consumers get cucked and America fall off even more than it already has in economic competitiveness.

Pay decent wage, watch prices skyrocket, consumers get cucked and America fall off even more than it already has in economic competitiveness.
The Costco Example debunks this theory.

I know you are not american or dont even live here.

but have you ever been to In-N-Out (think McDonalds) or Costco(think Walmart)? Employees at In N Out and Costco are legal workers because they get paid well. Americans would do those jobs if the pay is not slave wages like in 3rd world country

The old "American would do these jobs" argument. No they won't because they think some of these jobs are below them.

The old "American would do these jobs" argument. No they won't because they think some of these jobs are below them.
That's odd because In-N-Out, Costco, and Starbucks hire English-speaking employees.

Hmm, I wonder why?

But then again you don't live here so you wouldn't know.

like Costco, Starbucks, and In-N-Out? I think they are doing very well despite paying their employees above minimum wage.

That's odd because In-N-Out, Costco, and Starbucks hire English-speaking employees.

Hmm, I wonder why?

Hmm, I wonder why?

Im actually an American and live on a border state that is Arizona. I remember when the fields here were offering Americans $15hr to pick lettuce because the shortage of Illegals workers. Think there was of flood of willing Americans? Nope.

I have hired Americans and illegals for landscaping and to my expierence, the illegals out worked the Americans each time and did a better job

We need to be honest about WE Americans and our work ethic and stop blaming others for our shortcomings. If someone who doesn't speak our language and with little education is taking our jobs, we really need to take a look at ourselves lol.

Back