Video : Chael Sonnen says he’s not on the Francis Ngannou hype train...yet

Chael just says things for reaction I guarantee secretly he loves Ngannou

even if he beats Overeem, depending on how it plays out, i still probably wouldn't be on the hype train.

for me to jump on the hype train, i want to see him fight a healthy Cain (i know how that goes tho), or someone of that ilk. someone who will close the distance at will, and make him fight and grapple over a period of time.

if he comes out and just Ben Rothwell's Overeem, it won't show us anything besides what we already know has been established, that he hits hard as a muthafucka.

Reem is coming off 2 big wins he just flatlined Mark Hunt . Beat Werdum. The rothwell loss was awhile ago and was just when he was coming off the juice he has adapted way better since then , gave the champ a hell of a 1st Rd and ur telling me if Francis starches him u won't be impressed? Lol r u blind?

And I'm sorry Cain would get fucking smashed by Ngannou there's no way Cain escapes that fight without some sort of injury I actually see Cain gassing because u can't throw a dude like that around for 5 rds he's too fucking big . The same thing happened with that Henrique dude who was a Jim Mitsubishi champion he tried to wrestle with Ngannou so much that he got tired then Ngannou KOd him I see the same thing happening with Cain

if you are on the train after he wins everything is there really any point?

I guess the one who lands first wins.

Interesting thing about Ngannous face structure, the way his jaw is shaped, it looks like he can take one hell of a punch.

What if his chin is Roy Nelson like? Holy shit. That wouldn't even be fair.

That's like giving Dominick Cruz KO power.

x3xv0p.jpg

If he can't beat Overeem, the hype is dead. If he can beat Overeem, it might still be a hype job. Overeem has a couple of losses on his record against fighters he theoretically should beat like Silva, Browne and Rothwell. If Ngannou can beat Overeem, then he's at least on the same league as those guys but there is not a lot of hype behind them. It's difficult to predict Overeem - he is an elite HW and can beat anyone in the top 5, but he can also be knocked out by HWs not in the top 10.

Reem is coming off 2 big wins he just flatlined Mark Hunt . Beat Werdum. The rothwell loss was awhile ago and was just when he was coming off the juice he has adapted way better since then , gave the champ a hell of a 1st Rd and ur telling me if Francis starches him u won't be impressed? Lol r u blind?

And I'm sorry Cain would get fucking smashed by Ngannou there's no way Cain escapes that fight without some sort of injury I actually see Cain gassing because u can't throw a dude like that around for 5 rds he's too fucking big . The same thing happened with that Henrique dude who was a Jim Mitsubishi champion he tried to wrestle with Ngannou so much that he got tired then Ngannou KOd him I see the same thing happening with Cain

Reem also plays right into Ngannou's strengths, that's why. somebody like Stipe can do it all. Overeem is definitely elite fighter, and if Ngannou beats him he's definitely close to a title shot, but i'm not buying the hype like he is a shoe-in to be the champion or hold the belt forever like i see a lot of people are acting like he will. Overeem nearly got KO'd by Werdum too.

Francis' best win is Arlovski, who is a great win but like i said, he plays into Ngannou's strengths. same as if Ngannou fought JDS. i want to see him fight grapplers and people who will dictate the pace. sure, Ngannou can KO Cain, but who says Cain has to throw Ngannou around? maybe he will just stall him to the fence like he does everyone else? sure you can't throw a guy around that big for 5 rds, but who's to say he doesn't break Ngannou by then? who's to say Ngannou doesn't gas himself defending against the pressure?

it's great you're so confident in Ngannou's skills that he has yet revealed, but i am not. don't act like just because i disagree with you i'm wrong, Ngannou is more or less an unknown commodity, that's what's intriguing to me.

you can't tell how good someone is until you see them face adversity. look at Ronda.

Sometimes it isn't who you beat it's how you beat them

I suspect we're gonna start playing this game of discrediting his wins.
First he hasn't beaten anyone
Then he hasn't beaten a rassler
Then he hasn't beaten someone that can take a punch and so on...

Ngannou the future
Embrace that.

Yeah I never really bought the idea of Andrei being a stout enough test to legitimize the hype.

Alistair will be a much stronger, longer, thicker measuring stick (rod)

I can’t envision being surprised at any outcome in this fight. I can’t wait for Saturday

Sometimes it isn't who you beat it's how you beat them

I suspect we're gonna start playing this game of discrediting his wins.
First he hasn't beaten anyone
Then he hasn't beaten a rassler
Then he hasn't beaten someone that can take a punch and so on...

Ngannou the future
Embrace that.

sometimes it's "styles make fights" and we haven't seen his full potential.

i'm not saying he's a bust, i'm just not ready to go full Joe Rogan and blindly hang on the guys nuts cuz he's knocked a few guys out and is big and powerful.

sometimes people who don't jump on a hype train aren't haters. sometimes people just want to see what they're really buying before they actually buy it.

Sonnen. Usually like the guy. But he is wrong. This fight is going to put Ngannou on the map. Stipe better sign a huge contract cause a beast is coming for that belt.

If Chael is downplaying Ngannou's chances... put your money on Ngannou

Reem via KO Knees round 2. Similar to reem vs hunt

LittleGaseousArizonaalligatorlizard.gif

WwnXv.gif

Sonnen's always been cautious about HW hype trains.

Not me. Even when he was relevant.

I respect his opinion more than anyone on Sherdog. Whether you think he's a jackass or not, he has been there and done that. Now if you feel this way because you think he's pulling his opinions out of his ass, I won't argue that.

He's going to destroy Reem, it will be brutal to watch but also exciting because the heir will finally begin his journey to the throne!

Back