Anime and Manga v38

Honestly, Ippo's chances at the world level dropped significantly since the Woli fight. It showed how susceptible he was to counters and how flawed his style had become. He needed a more defensive approach to be able to continue and use his jab more to guage the distance.

Instead they gave him the new Dempsey, which by the looks of it... Leaves him more open before he can throw that uppercut.

Honestly, Ippo's chances at the world level dropped significantly since the Woli fight. It showed how susceptible he was to counters and how flawed his style had become. He needed a more defensive approach to be able to continue and use his jab more to guage the distance.

Instead they gave him the new Dempsey, which by the looks of it... Leaves him more open before he can throw that uppercut.
Ippo has only had maybe 4 fights where he didn’t take heavy damage. His defense always sucked.

He couldn’t reach Date’s level nevermind Ricardo. I guess George is going for a more realistic path. Boxing is a hard sport and not everyone reaches the top.

I think most fans are just pissed that the past hundreds of chapters have been for nothing and the MC we all love get destroyed.

George can go ultimate troll and have Takamura lose and then the manga goes into Ippo the fisherman.

I just read those Ippo chapters. I'm pretty sure I'm done with the series. I haven't really enjoyed it for a while now (looking back, I think Woli was really where George lost me) and this development is enough for me to just not give a shit anymore. Oh well.

You can only block punches with your face for so long. I think this is an interesting turn, I don't need the 'happy' ending of Ippo and Miyata having their rematch, but I wonder where it's going to go now. Change the focus to the other members of the gym? Does this break Coach and he can't do it any longer, leaving Takamura without his head trainer? I'm interested to see where this goes, too bad it will take a year to get anywhere with the 12 page chapters.

Hunter x Hunter returns Jan 29.

Get ready for 10 chapters and then another hiatus!

Hmmm, that should mean Berserk returns soon too. Casca can soon stop being a potato.

Hunter x Hunter returns Jan 29.

Get ready for 10 chapters and then another hiatus!

Hmmm, that should mean Berserk returns soon too. Casca can soon stop being a potato.
10 chapters is a little optimistic.

10 chapters is a little optimistic.
Perhaps.

But we’ve been getting about that much.

I’m convinced Togashi has the story planned out in advance but drawing is the issue. Maybe he should just get his wife to draw it.

Perhaps.

But we’ve been getting about that much.

I’m convinced Togashi has the story planned out in advance but drawing is the issue. Maybe he should just get his wife to draw it.
Ya his health has been the ongoing issue. Not that his art has been consistent but she has a different style.
And she hasn't drawn anything I'm aware of in a while.

Oh, hey, 1000 posts. Welp, might as well make a new thread. I'll edit this with a link when I get around to it.

Edit: Anime and Manga v39

Last edited:
So, they just let that Big faced dude die. Poor dude should have wore a skirt and Sanji would have saved him.

Back