Travel Ban Takes Effect, Left Immediately Goes Back, To The Same Liberal Judges

What do you believe their end game is? Why would they continue working on something that got shot down at the starting line?

hiya Seano,

because it gets votes and their base thirsts for it, i think.

its low hanging fruit, really - other issues like tax reform, finding a plausible replacement for the Affordable Care Act, peace accords in Israel, "doing away with NAFTA", etc - its very complicated and wonky stuff.

a piece of legislation that has a glorious, "anti-Muslimy" patina to it? that stuff is gold. folks just eat that stuff up.

- IGIT

No Trumper can ever answer this question honestly.

Trump said he needed a temporary 90 day ban put in place to come up with a solution to resolve the security hole that was in our immigration system. He said this in January. It's been 11 months since that time. Why is this solution not in place? They just stopped working on it all together because the temporary ban was not in place?

Are you really that stupid? They never had a "solution" to the "security" issue. It never existed like the Republican "plan" to fix health care.

It had nothing to do with security holes, buddy. That was just an explanation given to those who didn't "get it".

The real benefit is that America's geo-political power has grown over societies like China and Russia, etc. Control of immigration for America is more of an offensive weapon rather than a defensive tool. All prominent businessmen or academics or hopeful students are shaking in their boots at the thought of being banned from America, and thus will serve as natural resistance to anti-American politics in their respective countries, to prevent American-imposed economic sanctions or travel bans, out of fear from having their futures stripped away.

The defensive aspect is already soundly handled by the surveillance police state. Terrorism hasn't really been a legitimate threat since 9/11.

Last edited:
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/04/sup...rumps-travel-ban-to-go-fully-into-effect.html

This is another win for President Trump. A safer country is a good thing.

3zIp2Eu.png

yep.

What do you believe their end game is? Why would they continue working on something that got shot down at the starting line?

My point is there is no end game. This is a simple ruse to stir up people that hate Muslims. Anyone that actually think this is going to "fix" anything is a putz. It doesn't do shit.

M3t4tr0n, ahoy -

you changed your avatar!

why did you do that? that kind of thing makes one feel they've been away for eons.

also, i don't want to trigger anyone...but the guy i was responding to says he feels safer knowing that the travel ban is going to be in place - and i was thinking that if something that makes almost no statistical difference in his safety actually makes him feel "safe", he might want to look into the daily horrors he participates in (driving...walking outside when there is a storm...running...walking...drinking...consuming sugar, etc), since these activities are far, far, far, farrrrrrrr more dangerous to him than a refugee from Libya.

good to see you, my friend.

- IGIT
I've actually changed it like 4 times since you've been gone. I just think it's hilarious how mad people get with you because of the intro and outro you use in your posts. Also happy xmas!

yes, i've been destroying liberals on this issue, for almost a year.

please keep up.
Obviously not.

Alos, still waiting for an explanation on how a resident of Hawaii filing a lawsuit in Hawaii's district court is judge shopping....

hiya Seano,

because it gets votes and their base thirsts for it, i think.

its low hanging fruit, really - other issues like tax reform, finding a plausible replacement for the Affordable Care Act, peace accords in Israel, "doing away with NAFTA", etc - its very complicated and wonky stuff.

a piece of legislation that has a glorious, "anti-Muslimy" patina to it? that stuff is gold. folks just eat that stuff up.

- IGIT
Taxes and national security are pretty serious issues IMO.

Remember that time the President pardoned a racist sheriff convicted of violating the constitution?

Then his followers cheered on an EO banning people on the explicit basis of religion, in judicially held contravention of the Constitution.

We don't hate it: we just understand it better than you and don't just claim it when convenient and then dismiss it when it's not.
Can you tell me what religion has been banned? When did this order happen?

liberals are silly.

without cherry-picked judges they're powerless.
They also seem to like the idea that judges ignore their roles.

Aren’t lower courts supposed to follow SC decisions? Isn’t that the way that this works?

They also seem to like the idea that judges ignore their roles.

Aren’t lower courts supposed to follow SC decisions? Isn’t that the way that this works?

not liberal judges.

see here :

this is absurdity, if the CEO of my company fires me, do i get to go back to the lowest level asst mgr, and ask him to un-fire me ???

but liberals keep appealing backwards to lower liberal judges

Taxes and national security are pretty serious issues IMO.

hiya Seano,

taxes and national security are important, i agree...but its hard to pass sound bite legislation on those matters - at least ones that will give the GOP base a quick shot in the arm.

i read the National Review...Townhall and Redstate pretty frequently, and there has been almost zero analysis on the GOP tax reform. its no fun to talk about, with its extreme "relief" of extending comfort to the comfortable and its debt implications.

but a muslim ban?

thats the good stuff and easier to comprehend.

- IGIT

Back