Unsigned Heavyweights - Thread Four

As a note, I'll be doing some major work on the main post very soon. I also have some fun ideas for people to post their own heavyweight prospects and have them added.

At the World Amateur Championships, Atanas Krastanov (5-1) of Bulgaria won the SHW tournament. Wasn't too impressed with him - he has solid wrestling but didn't do much on top on the final and gassed after 3 minutes. He is still really young though i guess. Irman Smajic (14-3) won the HW tournament after he beat Lev Vins, a light heavyweight, in the final in a mismatch that he won largely via being wayy bigger than his opponent. He looked better than Krastanov, though in his mid 30's already i can't see him having much of a career as a pro. Daniel Galabarov seems to be the best heavyweight prospect fighting for IMMAF though he didn't compete at the Worlds for some reason.

Few results I stumbled across:

Pavlovich walked through Sidelnikov, 1st round TKO - big win. The lad has to be UFC-bound soon?

Viktor Pesta walked through Alexei Kuden, same card, 1st round RNC.

Jeremy Joiner drops a second straight loss, falling to 5-2, by KO to debuting Ben Edwards.

As a note, I'll be doing some major work on the main post very soon. I also have some fun ideas for people to post their own heavyweight prospects and have them added.
Nice work on the additions. shrytov leaving to LHW and some losses/signings really changed things

Any of you guys have any idea as to whether that Yaozong Hu guy that replaced Mulheron is any good? His competition is piss poor, but he's young and undefeated.

I think Asker is rightly favored, but I'm rooting for the guy that isn't 1-2 in the UFC.

Kora Maea 3-0 vs. Ben Sosoli 4-2
Zaur Gadzhibabayev 5-1 vs. Nikolay Savilov 10-2
Valdrin Istrefi 11-1 vs. Evgeniy Bova 7-7
Luc Ngeleka 5-2 vs. Hatef Moeil 2-3
Mauro Cerilli 10-2 vs. Nills van Noord 17-8-2
Rony Bouzy 1-0 vs. Rachid Metlouti 6-9
Junior Karanta 2-0 vs. Sofiane Boukichou 3-2
Jared Kilkenny 10-9 vs. Tyler King 12-6
William Santos 4-4 vs. Diego Calmon 0-0
Robson Araújo 0-0 vs. Pedro Lima 1-0
João Zaiden 6-0 vs. Carlos Eduardo 1-0
Kevin Diaz 5-3 vs. Daniel Marquez 5-2
Soufyan Aarab vs. William Melo co debut
Jun Soo Lim 11-9 vs. Matheus Silva 2-0
Sagat Gladiador 0-0 vs. Junior dos Santos(Dynamite) 0-3
Wagner Maia 5-1 vs. Raphael Pessoa 6-0

a few interesting new names to look for in the future

also coming up,
Adam Dyczka vs. Bakary Sakho Dec 8
Adam seems ufc bound but Sakho has insane appeal for HW ]

Last edited:
I wish they wouldn't have put him against Adam so early in his career. I don't want to see either lose.
I get what you re saying but his background at taekwondo and his athleticism should give him a enormous advantage, i wasn't surprised by Adam last fight, seems like a normal guy good to regional level only. Now Bakary it's scary asf, idk how many HWs can do that kick with such speed and power

Łukasz Łysoniewski 0-3 vs. Ruslan Chapko 0-8
Szymon Kołecki 3-0 vs. Michał Orkowski 3-1
Dmitry Danko vs. Aleksey Mozhaev dual debut

and 1 unconfirmed fight, really light weekend for HW

Still sleeping on 2 Ton lol! Heading to 205! Keep an eye out

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171204-140825.png
    Screenshot_20171204-140825.png
    384.7 KB · Views: 18
Still sleeping on 2 Ton lol! Heading to 205! Keep an eye out

Get pro, lad! I am actually intrigued by you as you post on here, have a cool nickname and seem game for some banter! A move to 205lbs could be a good one!

Bakary Sakho is a great prospect, looking forward to follow his career

He's pretty solid, he has a wrestling background too. He's still insanely raw and inexperienced in MMA. If Adam strikes with him though, it's going to be a rough night for him.

My main issue with Dyczka is his athleticism is not at all there. He does well versus regional guys, but honestly, I think he will hit a wall once he gets into a big promotion. Guys like Juan Adams, Michel Batista, Steve Mowry, Mohammad Usman, are just insane athletes who run through even experienced young fighters on the merits of being physically dominant. Guys like that with any sort of experience are going to run through guys like Dyczka.

I think Sakho is one of those guys, but I also think his inexperience makes that fight closer than it would be if they fought in a year or two.

He's pretty solid, he has a wrestling background too. He's still insanely raw and inexperienced in MMA. If Adam strikes with him though, it's going to be a rough night for him.

My main issue with Dyczka is his athleticism is not at all there. He does well versus regional guys, but honestly, I think he will hit a wall once he gets into a big promotion. Guys like Juan Adams, Michel Batista, Steve Mowry, Mohammad Usman, are just insane athletes who run through even experienced young fighters on the merits of being physically dominant. Guys like that with any sort of experience are going to run through guys like Dyczka.

I think Sakho is one of those guys, but I also think his inexperience makes that fight closer than it would be if they fought in a year or two.

Do you happen to know his height/weight/reach? He seems quite slender for a HW.

Do you happen to know his height/weight/reach? He seems quite slender for a HW.
For Sakho? His sherdog profile says he's 6'5" and 233lbs. His TKO profile differs on the weight though.

It says that he's 250lbs. TKO profile

For Sakho? His sherdog profile says he's 6'5" and 233lbs. His TKO profile differs on the weight though.

It says that he's 250lbs. TKO profile

Yeah, Sakho. Thanks, that seems about right. 233lbs seems a bit light - maybe he can pack on a bit of muscle as he progresses.

Sakho definitely looks around 233. Then again I've been wrong before with weights, some guys are deceptively heavy.

Also keep an eye on Juan Adams, he fights again on LFA 32 with an opponent TBA. If you guys think Ngannou is big, Juan has a couple inches in height and about 50 pounds on him.

6f8gbdD.png

Sakho definitely looks around 233. Then again I've been wrong before with weights, some guys are deceptively heavy.

Also keep an eye on Juan Adams, he fights again on LFA 32 with an opponent TBA. If you guys think Ngannou is big, Juan has a couple inches in height and about 50 pounds on him.

6f8gbdD.png

Adams is huge. He trains with Blaydes doesn't he? Is his game similar to Curtis'?

Back