Japan needs migrants badly

freaky

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.businessinsider.com/japan-fertility-crisis-2017-4
"
The daily constraints have made for a worrisome trend. Japan has entered a vicious cycle of low fertility and low spending that has led to trillions in lost GDP and a population decline of 1 million people, all within just the past five years. If left unabated, experts forecast severe economic downturn and a breakdown in the fabric of social life.

Mary Brinton, a Harvard sociologist, tells Business Insider that the situation will get only worse until Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and his cabinet get with the times. Of the ongoing crisis, she says, "This is death to the family.""

They are losing millions in population and trillions of dollars. Husband and wife working 16 hours a day. There's no snoo snoo time.

The only solution I see is for Japan to stop being racist and accept some migrants or see their old bigot ways go extinct. Acceptance or extinction? Your choice!! Thoughts?

What kind of migrants?

I would move there.

How about they force the company's to give them paid time to make babies.

Then there is not reason to import people that want to turn where they are now into the shit hope they came from.

I know this is a crazy thought, but no one needs immigration.

Your country may experience a short-term economic downturn over the next 20 years, but it will bounce back.

Definitely not worth forcing third world immigrants into your population.

I would love to live in Japan and spread my seed around. If only I wasn't too retarded to learn a new language.

dump this stupid shit.
Its a legitimate topic for discussion, too bad OP had to be a numbskull in presenting it.

Yes, Japan needs migrants badly but who said they need to accept them? Foreign workers are 88% of the population in Qatar and almost none of them are getting citizenship and I doubt they even get to stay very long in the country. The way the GCC countries handles immigration should, in some ways, be emulated by Japan if they're not willing to try to integrate large numbers of migrants. Obviously those countries are notorious for abuses of foreign workers but I like to think Japan could mitigate those concerns since they're not as cunty as the Gulf Arabs.

I know this is a crazy thought, but no one needs immigration.

Your country may experience a short-term economic downturn over the next 20 years, but it will bounce back.

Definitely not worth forcing third world immigrants into your population.

Of course. But the money makes more NOW with more people of any kind. So, you know, destroy your country for that, and pretend, in a hilarious delusion, that for some reason countries that did well are supposed to crowd themselves with people from places that couldn't get it together.

The hilarious delusion. Why lefties? Why do countries that are doing well HAVE to bring in people from less civilized places? You ever REALLY think about it? Are you that focused on giving your women sexual variety?

Good luck with that. The Japanese are trying to relive the glory days of the past instead of looking to the future.
Isn't Abe part of that Nippon society? The ultra-nationalist that want to bring back the empire?

I'll volunteer to help increase their population

Yeah, their net debt to GDP ratio makes the US seem like deficit hawks. There are downsides to have high average life spans -- taking care of them while the working population shrinks being one

Of course. But the money makes more NOW with more people of any kind. So, you know, destroy your country for that, and pretend, in a hilarious delusion, that for some reason countries that did well are supposed to crowd themselves with people from places that couldn't get it together.

The hilarious delusion. Why lefties? Why do countries that are doing well HAVE to bring in people from less civilized places? You ever REALLY think about it? Are you that focused on giving your women sexual variety?
You're an idiot, it has nothing to do with these made up reasons and everything to do with their inverted demographic pyramid. At some point there are going to be more adult diapers sold in Japan than baby diapers, its probably already the case in many specific locations within the country. Their population is aging rapidly and they're not anywhere close to replacement levels of fertility so they need a younger, working age population to support all the elderly. Policies designed to help boost fertility are sorely needed but those will take time to bear fruit, in the meantime migrants would help.

Or idk, maybe they could cull the elderly. Maybe you'd prefer that to them letting in migrants

They're better off riding the wave.

But I don't care! Get at me Japan and I'll knock up some whores too.

You're an idiot, it has nothing to do with these made up reasons and everything to do with their inverted demographic pyramid. At some point there are going to be more adult diapers sold in Japan than baby diapers, its probably already the case in many specific locations within the country. Their population is aging rapidly and they're not anywhere close to replacement levels of fertility so they need a younger, working age population to support all the elderly. Policies designed to help boost fertility are sorely needed but those will take time to bear fruit, in the mean time migrants would help.

Or idk, maybe they could cull the elderly. Maybe you'd prefer that to them letting in migrants

Japan has issues, you're right.

Constant growth is, of course, unsustainable. And not growing for a couple decades might not be a good reason to throw away your country.

Theeeee main human problem in the near future is OVER-POPULATION.. So why are we pretending that countries that maintain sustainable populations need to have MASSIVE immigration? It's a scam. Let the overpopulated third world, or 2nd world countries, figure out a balance where THEY are not overpopulated.. Send some people from the place that they want to run to, THERE, to show them how to do it.

Last edited:
Japan has issues, you're right.

Constant growth is, of course, unsustainable. And not growing for a couple decades might not be a gold reason to throw away your country.
Not growing for a couple of decades? At this point they're marching towards economic collapse.
Theeeee main human problem in the near future is OVER-POPULATION.. So why are we pretending that countries that maintain sustainable populations need to have MASSIVE immigration? It's a scam. Let the overpopulated third world, or 2nd world countries, figure out a balance where THEY are not overpopulated.. Send some people from the place that they want to run to THERE to show them how to do it.
No, overpopulation is not the main human problem. In certain situations its an issue and Tokyo in particular is a crowded city but if they started taking in migrants with the right sort of immigration policy it would do far more good than harm while ignoring this huge issue would do the opposite. People like you just like to myopically project the European situation on every single country for some fucking reason.

You're an idiot, it has nothing to do with these made up reasons and everything to do with their inverted demographic pyramid. At some point there are going to be more adult diapers sold in Japan than baby diapers, its probably already the case in many specific locations within the country. Their population is aging rapidly and they're not anywhere close to replacement levels of fertility so they need a younger, working age population to support all the elderly. Policies designed to help boost fertility are sorely needed but those will take time to bear fruit, in the meantime migrants would help.

That is particularly an issue in agriculture.
I don't have the numbers right now but if I remember correctly the average age of a person working in agriculture in Japan is like 65 years.
That is a big issue Germany and other wealthier Europen countries have as well. It's just not an attractive job for young people anymore.
But in the EU you can make that up with an available workforce from the eastern European.
Who are still happy to come for a season harvesting and go back to their home country over the winter with the money earned.
But that won't work forever if those eastern European get higher living standards they won't be doing that kind of work anymore for small money.

They don't need migrants. They'll just make robots. :D

Back