Likelihood: Trump loses in 2020, accepts the vote as legit, and cleanly transfers power?

Threatened is an inaccurate word choice. Your question was what would hurt many and benefit few. Pointing that out reality doesn't mean people are threatened.

I've written my opinion before.

1) This approach of tax cuts first without spending cuts means that we're going to see a ballooning of the national debt. That affects all of us negatively.

2) Eliminating the state and local tax deductions but keeping the mortgage interest and property tax deductions hurts many and benefits few. Almost everyone pays state and local taxes. Very few people have mortgages and property tax bills high enough to reap the associated benefit.

3) The scoring seems to suggest that long run most people will see their taxes increase while a smaller percentage of the population will actually reap a permanent decrease in their tax liability.

4) Eliminating the estate tax (which I support for personal reasons) only benefits ~5,000 households but it takes money away from the entire nation.

Now, an individual might stand to benefit from all of those choices but the majority of Americans are probably not going to benefit in the long run - the national debt increase alone almost guarantees it. And that was the criteria you laid out - hurting most while helping few.
Good list but I would also add that the Senate version repeals the individual mandate. The estimated effects of that are over 10 million will either elect to go without insurance or get priced out and lose it and those who keep insurance will see price increases.

If this part survives conference it can be #5 on your list. For me personally I'd make it the worst part of the bill. If they want to do healthcare reform do it in a separate bill that at least attempts to address the issues with healthcare, not added as a pay-for to fund tax cuts.

Again, I'm not doing this

THREE times I have provided proof to you that the ACA was funded on returning taxes on the top 1% to 1979 levels and did not increase taxes on the middle class, and also slowed price growth.

And THREE times, you left the thread and stopped responding.

As far as your other shtick/non-arguments, I can only hope that the forum will someday make it a bannable offense to automatically appeal to "taxation is theft" and "you aren't entitled to other people's moneyzzzz!!!" when common sense redistribution is advocated to maintain a vibrant market. The estate tax is the single most important tool in keeping money in circulation across generations and regulating inflation. Just because you're a Rand Paul-ian economic illiterate doesn't make that immoral in any way.

And your "ROFL" on national debt is yet another fallacy: it's the same as people who say "hey, we've already harmed the environment through pollution, so why bother trying to stop any further damage?" For morons like you: because the previous tax plan was sustainable in paying interest on the deficit and shaping up to demand (as virtually every economist said) INCREASES in taxes. This plan is going to add trillions of dollars to the debt and could very well affect the country's credit going forward.

In terms of morons who piss me off just by virtue of their own stupidity and complete immunity to being aware of it, you are absolutely king of the castle. Your opinions are uninformed shit.

Three times you've claimed that, threatened to go back and "provide links to the threads" had your bluff called on doing just that, then fled, never to be heard from again.

"Common sense redistribution" Are you fucking retarded? You don't have any authority to take other people's money because you've just arbitrarily decided they've made to much. This isn't a communist society.

My "ROFL at the National Debt" had to do with the fact that Obama spent more money in 2 years than Bush did in 8 damn years fighting two wars. It is LAUGHABLE listening to people like you ramble about the National Debt now that Obama is out of office, after the rampant, out of control spending of the last decade that you just said "meh" to.
Just because it happened before you were a teenage doesn't mean it didn't actually happen.

Nothing on the Sub Prime Mortgage Crisis or who actually designed Obamacare or the reasons behind its implementation? Fucking weird....

Exactly what I'm talking about. The intelligence of a junior high kid, and the maturity of his little brother

This is called trolling, little kid. Good to see you caught that.

In all honesty I never considered that if Trump loses he would not transfer power peacefully as I took it for granted (definitely a mistake on my part). I think the odds are decent that he simply doesn't run for a 2nd term and leaves a "winner" but if not it could be really bad. If he does run and given his current approval rating and the likelihood that doesn't improve this is a really possible scenario!

Interesting thread.

Last edited:
In all honesty I never considered that if Trump loses he would not transfer power peacefully as I took it for granted (definitely a mistake on my part). I think the odds are decent that he simply doesn't run for a 2nd term and leaves a "winner" but if not it could be really bad. If he does run and given his current approval rating and the likelihood that doesn't improve this is a really possible scenario!

Interesting thread.
You're being a drama queen again.

CNN has done to the left what fox news did to the right.. I can't believe how easy it was.

You aren't giving Fox enough credit, turning the country against a respectable man like Obama is a hell of a lot harder than turning them against a blow-hard like trump.

He'll probably win since the the left will put up a transgender muslim immigrant to run against him.

As usual you contribute nothing but personal attacks. Keep up the bad work.
"Trump's gonna get the military to hijack our government and stay in power!" :D

Interesting thread.

You guys seriously don't get who his cabinet members are, do you?

Three times you've claimed that, threatened to go back and "provide links to the threads" had your bluff called on doing just that, then fled, never to be heard from again.

Again, I'm not doing this. As I've said, I've done it three times, and even gone back and borrowed graphs posted by @Jack V Savage, and time and time again, I feel like an asshole for having spent the time.

"Common sense redistribution" Are you fucking retarded? You don't have any authority to take other people's money because you've just arbitrarily decided they've made to much. This isn't a communist society.

You don't understand macroeconomics if you don't think redistributional codes are necessary to keep an economy from toppling from upward concentration of wealth and suffocated demand, let alone understand the insidious roots of those concentrations in predatory and illegal/extralegal behavior.

I don't blame you for being scared by the word though. Many idiots are.

Again, I'm not doing this. As I've said, I've done it three times, and even gone back and borrowed graphs posted by @Jack V Savage, and time and time again, I feel like an asshole for having spent the time.

Heh, you're responded to someone on my ignore list (two posters on the page on the list, but I can guess which one it is, too).

I didn’t say he would do that. I think he would just take shots at and try to undermine the current president.

So essentially just act like Hillary Clinton.

"Trump's gonna get the military to hijack our government and stay in power!" :D

It's almost as stupid as when guys like you used to say Obama was preparing to declare martial law and send us all to the secret Walmart detention centers.

So essentially just act like Hillary Clinton.
I was thinking more like when Obama warned Trump about Flynn and Trump didn't listen. I don't think Trump would do the same for his successor.

If Trump loses in 2020 he’ll cleanly transfer power then continue to bitch on twitter for the next 4 years about how the system is rigged and claim outside interference. Irony is lost on the man.

giphy.gif
I bet sherdog got rid of the gif because of you

I was thinking more like when Obama warned Trump about Flynn and Trump didn't listen. I don't think Trump would do the same for his successor.

That's a fairly specific example, and doesn't really line up with what you said.

Let me ask you though, if Trump made such a suggestion, do you seriously think a Dem President would listen to Donald Trump's advice? I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the new President would take advice from Trump, about as well as Trump took it from Obama.

Back