Likelihood: Trump loses in 2020, accepts the vote as legit, and cleanly transfers power?

That's a fairly specific example, and doesn't really line up with what you said.

Let me ask you though, if Trump made such a suggestion, do you seriously think a Dem President would listen to Donald Trump's advice? I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the new President would take advice from Trump, about as well as Trump took it from Obama.
I don't know who that person would be but generally yes. This country has a long history of a peaceful transfer of power to your successor regardless of party and the president gives them lots of advice.

We don't have to go back far at all to see it (Bush to Obama, Clinton to Bush, Bush to Clinton, etc.). Those weren't in defeats but they graciously handed over the office to the opposing political party.

And my comment lines up perfectly with what I said. Given how Trump behaves, his divisiveness and demeanor I think there is a good chance that he doesn't go down peacefully if he loses an election. It's a thread about speculation of course but there are lots of reasons to believe this.

Trump is so divisive and partisan he supports a man with credible accusations of child molestation because he doesn't want a liberal in there. It says everything you need to know about his ethics and partisanship. Even hyper-partisan McConnell wouldn't go there (until he changed his mind I guess).

If you were a betting person, what would you place the odds of Donald Trump running for reelection in 2020, losing the electoral college vote, and then (i) publicly conceding and (ii) acknowledging the election as legitimate and untainted? This would produce a sequence of events akin to every other change in administration in US history, notwithstanding impeachment or assassination.

I figure it's (80% that he makes it through four years without impeachment) x (70% that he runs for reelection) x (75% that he loses the election) x (40% that he recognizes the election as legitimate) x (80% that he nevertheless yields to a transfer of power to the next administration).

.8 x .7 x .75 x .4 x .8, for a grand total of 13%

And, yes, this is a un-substantive, vapid Trump discussion.
CNN has done to the left what fox news did to the right.. I can't believe how easy it was.
Fox news taught people how to multiply decimals?

I must have missed that particular five-sentence article.

Last edited:
You guys act like having elections in 2020 is a sure thing.

I don't know who that person would be but generally yes. This country has a long history of a peaceful transfer of power to your successor regardless of party and the president gives them lots of advice.

Yeah, LOL if you think a Democrat President would take Trump's advice on who they hire.

And my comment lines up perfectly with what I said. Given how Trump behaves, his divisiveness and demeanor I think there is a good chance that he doesn't go down peacefully if he loses an election. It's a thread about speculation of course but there are lots of reasons to believe this.

Define "peacefully".

If it's lose and whine about it afterwards like Clinton, yeah I could see that. If it's lose, and blockade the Oval Office with Seal Team 6, I don't think that will happen.

There are also different scenarios though. I think his reaction would be vastly different if he lost an election, over completing two terms and leaving.

Either way, it's going to be "peaceful". A little shit flinging afterwards perhaps, depending on who replaces him, but peaceful nonetheless.

Yeah, LOL if you think a Democrat President would take Trump's advice on who they hire.

Laugh all you want but it happens all the time among intelligent, rational people. Trump is not intelligent or rational and that's why he didn't listen to Obama.

It's silly to think that if Trump warned an incoming president that someone in an important position was corrupt that person would ignore it. It's just not something anyone who cares about shit would do.

Define "peacefully".

If it's lose and whine about it afterwards like Clinton, yeah I could see that. If it's lose, and blockade the Oval Office with Seal Team 6, I don't think that will happen.

There are also different scenarios though. I think his reaction would be vastly different if he lost an election, over completing two terms and leaving.

Either way, it's going to be "peaceful". A little shit flinging afterwards perhaps, depending on who replaces him, but peaceful nonetheless.
Peacefully to me means they not aide in the transition and do everything they can to make sure the incoming president succeeds. Shit flinging, undermining them, failing to properly inform them on all the current issues, etc. would be things I describe as not peaceful. I am not talking about physical violence or use of force in some way.

I think he wins in 2020 unless the Dems have someone come out of nowhere like 08 or the economy fails. While he is an embarrassment, the alternative staring from the other side of the aisle is a lot scarier to the majority of actual taxpayers in this country in regards to actual policy.

The thing I've noticed about Trump supporters is that there's a lot more of them then you think. Everyone seems to hate the guy in public, but I've talked to so many people over the last couple years that change their tune the second they think you might be down with the Don. It's so hard to really know the attitude of the country anymore because of how biased the media has become or how juiced the system in general is. The people that overwhelmingly control almost every form of mass media in this country are a completely different animal than the people that pull those levers come election time. I tend to believe Trump and Obama's popularity levels are pretty equal, but according to mass media, polls and the people making the most noise, Obama is/was far more popular. It's simply hard to know what is real anymore. As someone that is almost 40, the world is just so much different than it was 20 years ago.

Peacefully to me means they not aide in the transition and do everything they can to make sure the incoming president succeeds. Shit flinging, undermining them, failing to properly inform them on all the current issues, etc. would be things I describe as not peaceful. I am not talking about physical violence or use of force in some way.

What do you think Obama did exactly, to aide in the transition? He wrote a letter of encouragement, showed him around the White House, did some photo ops and chatted a bit. That's exactly what Trump will do. People within the administration will do the heavy lifting for the incoming administration. It's not like Obama personally went around and updated the Trump administration on every little thing.

Will the Trump administration aide in the transition? Yes. Will Trump follow tradition, do the photo ops and chat with the new guy? Yes. Will Trump talk some shit after the phony bullshit is over? If the new President is a Dem whose agenda is vastly different from Trump's, probably.

If you were a betting person, what would you place the odds of Donald Trump running for reelection in 2020, losing the electoral college vote, and then (i) publicly conceding and (ii) acknowledging the election as legitimate and untainted? This would produce a sequence of events akin to every other change in administration in US history, notwithstanding impeachment or assassination.

I figure it's (80% that he makes it through four years without impeachment) x (70% that he runs for reelection) x (75% that he loses the election) x (40% that he recognizes the election as legitimate) x (80% that he nevertheless yields to a transfer of power to the next administration).

.8 x .7 x .75 x .4 x .8, for a grand total of 13%

And, yes, this is a un-substantive, vapid Trump discussion.

i dont think he ever really intended to be president. he was as surprised as any of us.

so i think he will use the office to his advantage, happily roll out, and reap the rewards that he sowed in office.

herro HereticBD,

lol.

one thing's for sure, though - President Elect Trump might have been well served heeding Mr. Obama's advice on General Flynn.

don't you think?

- IGIT

herro HereticBD,

lol.

one thing's for sure, though - President Elect Trump might have been well served heeding Mr. Obama's advice on General Flynn.

don't you think?

- IGIT

Depends on what "favors" Flynn did for Trump beforehand. He might've been worth the risk...

In all seriousness though, yeah, probably. He's kind of a known fuck up. I believe he had a bit of a shady reputation even before Obama appointed him in his administration. It all seems to be crashing down on him now.

If Trump loses he will bitch about it on social media until the day he dies, but otherwise it will be a normal transfer of power.

What do you think Obama did exactly, to aide in the transition? He wrote a letter of encouragement, showed him around the White House, did some photo ops and chatted a bit. That's exactly what Trump will do. People within the administration will do the heavy lifting for the incoming administration. It's not like Obama personally went around and updated the Trump administration on every little thing.

We literally just talked about how Obama warned him that Flynn was dirty. It was like two posts ago. No one outside the administration knows the details but it's easy to see the transitions are with good intent.

Will the Trump administration aide in the transition? Yes. Will Trump follow tradition, do the photo ops and chat with the new guy? Yes. Will Trump talk some shit after the phony bullshit is over? If the new President is a Dem whose agenda is vastly different from Trump's, probably.

Your 3rd sentence contradicts the first. Shit talking undermines the work the president is trying to do and is exactly the kind of thing I have a problem with. And you admit his partisanship - he'll shit talk if it's a Democrat. Again, that speaks to what a terrible president he is. I'm also not certain you're right about aiding the transition. At best he'll mail it in and play golf instead and at worst I think he'll shit talk and complain.

We literally just talked about how Obama warned him that Flynn was dirty. It was like two posts ago. No one outside the administration knows the details but it's easy to see the transitions are with good intent.

Sally Yates warned him. Part of Obama's administration. Would Mattis or Kelly do the same in such a situation? Yeah, I'm pretty sure they would weigh in.

Your 3rd sentence contradicts the first. Shit talking undermines the work the president is trying to do and is exactly the kind of thing I have a problem with. And you admit his partisanship - he'll shit talk if it's a Democrat. Again, that speaks to what a terrible president he is.

And Obama hasn't said a word on Trump or his administration's decisions? Ninja please.

Sally Yates warned him. Part of Obama's administration. Would Mattis or Kelly do the same in such a situation? Yeah, I'm pretty sure they would weigh in.

And Obama hasn't said a word on Trump or his administration's decisions? Ninja please.
You've already admitted to the biggest problem I have, which is Trump will shit post and undermine the president. This other stuff is dumb. I really hope Mattis or Kelly helps the transition, but I was speaking about the president not every person working in government.

And we won't hold our breath waiting for you to show us something Obama said that is on par with the shit that comes out of Trump's mouth (or through his tweets). Pretending they're the same is absurd.

And we won't hold our breath waiting for you to show us something Obama said that is on par with the shit that comes out of Trump's mouth (or through his tweets). Pretending they're the same is absurd.

Oh', now it's "on par" with what Trump says. When Obama comes out and denounces the Trump administration's plans for DACA, it's pretty undermining.

Keep moving those goalposts, bud.

Oh', now it's "on par" with what Trump says. When Obama comes out and denounces the Trump administration's plans for DACA, it's pretty undermining.

Keep moving those goalposts, bud.
Really? That is the same as questioning his legitimacy as president (birther shit)? Or foreign policy? GTFO

Really? That is the same as questioning his legitimacy as president (birther shit)? Or foreign policy? GTFO

Trump isn't allowed to to question Obama's foreign policy? Okaaaayyyyy....

I don't think any of this is much of a big deal anyways. If Obama disagrees with Trump, he can say so. If Trump disagrees with Obama, he can say so. If Hillary and the Dems think Russia literally hacked the election, and brainwashed the American public into to voting for Trump, they can say so. If Trump thinks Obama was born in Kenya, he can say so.

LOL @ you thinking it's off limits to criticize an administration's(past or present) agendas, though. It's literally the basis of every election.

Back