Charging deer kills hunter outside Paris, police say

Score one for the good guys.

Should have let the deer go, like I feel if an animal wins the fight they should get a pass...but then again they could go all cujodeer on people and that might not be good either.

How often does a deer kill a hunter? I know boars do and sometimes bears, but never heard about deers, then again if I think about a heavy animal charging you with sharp spikes on its head does sound scary ha.

It doesn't happen very often but it does happen from time to time, often after the deer has been shot. What happens is you shoot the deer, it runs a short distance and falls over so the hunter, thinking its dead walks up on it, the deer jumps up off the ground and attacks.

I will say this though to people who oppose hunting. Deer, and wild boars, and other animals will breed their population out of control if they aren't hunted or culled in some way. Deer can be especially bad if the conditions are right so hunting them is necessary. I know that doesn't sit well with the people whose sensibilities are upset by hunting but that is the truth of it.

8e7EOyj.gif

Score one for the good guys.

I know it seems that way but it really isn't. Deer breed out of control, even with hunters their numbers are still barely manageable.

"From 1985 to 2005, the number of whitetail deer in the United States more than doubled, growing from 14 to 30 million animals".

That's just one kind of deer in one country. Without hunters or culling of some kind the deer population will expand until they just don't have enough food and begin starving to death.

It doesn't happen very often but it does happen from time to time, often after the deer has been shot. What happens is you shoot the deer, it runs a short distance and falls over so the hunter, thinking its dead walks up on it, the deer jumps up off the ground and attacks.

I will say this though to people who oppose hunting. Deer, and wild boars, and other animals will breed their population out of control if they aren't hunted or culled in some way. Deer can be especially bad if the conditions are right so hunting them is necessary. I know that doesn't sit well with the people whose sensibilities are upset by hunting but that is the truth of it.

I agree, I think we killed most of the predators as well so there is no checks anymore.

The issue I have with this line of reasoning is we don't apply it to humans. I'm not talking about killing people, I'm thinking along the lines of a limit to how many children we have. The human population is growing at an unsustainable rate and we do NOTHING about it. We're more of a hinderence to this planet than the overpopulation of wild life and "that is the truth of it."

And being a hunter makes you what? A tough guy?

Shooting an animal with a rifle is the easiest thing you can do and I'm talking from experience. Any pussy can do it.
But how is it any worse than getting meat at the grocery store?

Can you even charge an animal with a crime? WHOSE JURISDICTION IS THIS?

But how is it any worse than getting meat at the grocery store?

I never said it was worse. It might be even better.

I guess a lot of it depends on the intention of killing the deer and if they eat it or not.

If someone were to kill a deer just because they like to kill animals on their day off then maybe that person is worse than a person who just eats meat. But, if a hunter kills a deer and uses every piece of it then I think it might be better than someone who buys cheap factory meat that is destroying the environment, torturing animals and also contributing to an industry that can cause their employees (slaughter men) serious mental issues.

A human got gored to death and its a contest who can be the edgelord itt.

The issue I have with this line of reasoning is we don't apply it to humans. I'm not talking about killing people, I'm thinking along the lines of a limit to how many children we have. The human population is growing at an unsustainable rate and we do NOTHING about it. We're more of a hinderence to this planet than the overpopulation of wild life and "that is the truth of it."

Well, we hunt each other lol, sad but true.

The problem with overpopulation of deer is that when they have expanded to the point the food supply isn't sufficient they begin dying slow hard starvation deaths. The hunting season is well regulated and has been very effective and keeping their numbers manageable. As I said in another post, the number of white tail deer alone in the U.S. is probably over 30 million animals.

Unless you live off only stuff you kill, and don't also eat shit that was killed on a farm, just shut the fuck up and kill whatever you need to get your jollies.

You're just a little crazy. It's cool, but you can stop acting like you're the last American Indians.

Well, we hunt each other lol, sad but true.

The problem with overpopulation of deer is that when they have expanded to the point the food supply isn't sufficient they begin dying slow hard starvation deaths. The hunting season is well regulated and has been very effective and keeping their numbers manageable. As I said in another post, the number of white tail deer alone in the U.S. is probably over 30 million animals.

I like the way you brushed off the truth about the overpopulation of the earth by humans. And you mentioned about deer starving and dying a grim death...... yeah, that's happening to humans too for the same reason.

Humans feel we can overpopulate the earth. Polute the shit out of it. Deplete the oceans of fish. And kill anything we like even into extinction.

And being a hunter makes you what? A tough guy?

Shooting an animal with a rifle is the easiest thing you can do and I'm talking from experience. Any pussy can do it.
Can you hang and field dress your kill?

Back