War Room OT Discussion v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 89th percentile is full of people who think winning three coin flips in a row is evidence of skill.

Nice notation though.
If I successfully predict 15 consecutive coin flips, what would be your estimate for P(the coin was a fair coin)?

intro-1507658461.jpg
How did you get your hair to look that way? I like the Buffalo Bill feel.

Jumping the shark, and you even ran out of wit along the way.

SAD!
Maybe if you would deign to publish your legendarily proprietary model, we could all pitch in and offer an objective test of it, in order to confirm your gold status over Silver.

If anyone here actually understood Bayesian probability, they would mock you for this comment.

The response from the peanut gallery will be predictable, however.

The outcomes are correlated. Again, that is the kind of oversight that severely discredits you.

Maybe if you would deign to publish your legendarily proprietary model, we could all pitch in and offer an objective test of it, in order to confirm your gold status over Silver.
Even Nate "overrated" Silver knows that the strength of a model is measured by its prediction record and not by the "objective tests" of Salty Fawlty and the Peanut Gallery.

RedMR.PeanutBank.JPG

The outcomes are correlated. Again, that is the kind of oversight that severely discredits you.
Touche! I was wondering if you would catch that.

IQ = confirmed higher than Salty Fawltys

Even Nate "overrated" Silver knows that the strength of a model is measured by its prediction record and not by the "objective tests" of Salty Fawlty and the Peanut Gallery.

RedMR.PeanutBank.JPG
It's true that I would like to see this thing you claim to have, but I don't think it's true that this thing you have is what you claim.

Touche! I was wondering if you would catch that.

IQ = confirmed higher than Salty Fawltys
So it was three coin flips, but you didn't realize it was three coin flips. I'm quite satisfied being in the 90th percentile, as I'm sure Jack is to be in the 91st.

Pretty sure @Karnage has a phd in math. Nobody gives a shit, him included. This is Sherdog lol.
We don't care you went to college, @waiguoren. Just relax.

Inb4 he shows us all what he's truly capable of and Sherdog collapses in on itself like a dying star from the weight of his ego

Your mom collapsed in on herself during our frolick in 1947.

Pretty sure @Karnage has a phd in math. Nobody gives a shit, him included. This is Sherdog lol.

Obviously the truth of it can be challenged but when we had a thread about level of education, a large group was beyond bachelors in the poll that was put up. I believe @JDragon has a PhD as well as some others I can't recall at the moment

My degree got me my job but goddamn does it feel like a waste of time in my office where out of 30 people me, my boss and her boss are the only three with degrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back