CNN: These are your White Allies on Facebook, a watchdog group who defends people of color

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
When you're exhausted from debating race with strangers, they step in
By Cassandra Santiago and AJ Willingham, CNN

Updated 9:27 AM ET, Wed December 6, 2017

171205082156-white-nonsense-roundup-trnd-super-169.jpg

(CNN)Social media conversations on race typically take one of two routes.

The first, and the one less traveled, leads to a thoughtful, fact-driven exchange of ideas. The second (more popular) route leads to bitter back-and-forth filled with tired stereotypes or racially inflammatory barbs.

But now, when discussion swerves in the second direction, there's a group of white allies prepared to do the rerouting.

White Nonsense Roundup is a social media watchdog group with about 100 white volunteers. Its goal: to relieve people of color from the emotional labor of engaging with a person's racist or racially insensitive thoughts.

Say, a person of color makes a post about Black Lives Matter. Then others respond with ignorant or offensive comments. That person can tag White Nonsense RoundUp to snatch some edges -- or, better put, to educate people with context and fact-based views.

Think of it like roadside assistance for social media debates you're tired of having.

"It's really unfair that we expect people of color to experience racism, but then also explain it to us," the group's co-founder Terri Kempton, a book editor and college instructor, told CNN.

How it started
After Philando Castile's killing in 2016, Kempton saw a need for proactive involvement by white people like herself in conversations about race.

"I think, as white people, we are taught that intentions are all that matters," Kempton said. "We think that if our hearts are in the right places and we consciously doubt racism, we're good to go. So that was a light-bulb moment to me, where I didn't think intentions are enough."

So, she approached another white friend, Layla Tromble, and together they launched White Nonsense Roundup on Facebook, Twitter and later Instagram.

"I thought, 'What about if we take on some of that emotional labor or burden?'" Kempton said. "Because white people are responsible for talking to other white people about racism."

Their idea worked. Since its launch, White Nonsense RoundUp has gained more than 138,000 followers across its different accounts.

171205164704-white-nonsense-roundup-trnd-kevin-tillman-super-169.jpg

Kevin Tillman of Oakland, California, is a frequent user of White Nonsense RoundUp.

One of them is Kevin Tillman, an educator in Oakland, California, who says he uses the service almost every day. Tillman, 40, is a leader in the vegan hip-hop movement and often encounters trolls online.

Rest of the article:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/06/health/social-media-race-debate-allies-trnd/index.html

Vegan hip-hop?

Will Tidwell actually make second post in a thread he starts?

Stay tuned.

Black people need to be defended by fat, white, dykes.

Thank you, white liberal heroes.

As a minority, I feel so grateful for you virtuous folks stepping in to help and defend me.

Their weak, weird white ways is secretly the biggest racism of all. Same with small, super liberal hipster guys.. They hang at the whitest places they can find, have the most faux snibby lower middle class white friends, and can't function in any way surrounded by black people.

Watch out black people.. These weak ass white weirdo liberals are the ones that will want you gone more than anybody someday. They can't physically match up, and are scared of real people (including white) who still have sand.

Last edited:
As a mixed person of color, I’m thankful for the patronizing pad on my head from the most virtue signaling of white liberals that reduces me to a color and not an individual. Where would I be if it weren’t for people like them and I truly appreciate that they feel that they are needed and that they have the audacity to think that they are my friend.

It's a shame these fine ladies can't be baited into the War Room.

The last time these guys were posted about here, there was a great deal of confusion as to whether or not it was satire.
That tells you about all you need to know.

On a side note, are whites the only people that take responsibility for the actions Of their entire extended identity group?

Wtf is that thing on the right hand side of the picture? It’s blue and has some hair on it or something.

Of course this was all started by fat, out of shape women. This isn't so much a left vs right thing as much as it's a angry and fat woman thing.

This is a womans argumentative wet dream come true and then actualized into a sort of online policing service.
"QUICK IM LOSING AN ARGUMENT......SOCIAL JUSTICE LEAGE ASSEMBLE!"

All those years of growing up surrounded by women i would always hear them say that if the world was run by women we would have world peace....um no it would be an authoritarian hell hole.

Of course this was all started by fat, out of shape women. This isn't so much a left vs right thing as much as it's a angry and fat woman thing.

This is a womans argumentative wet dream come true and then actualized into a sort of online policing service.

All those years of growing up surrounded by women i would always hear them say that if the world was run by women we would have world peace....um no it would be an authoritarian hell hole.

The one in the middle and the one with the dye in the hair are Transgenders I believe.

The hungry hungry hippos are hangry.
The one in the middle and the one with the dye in the hair are Transgenders I believe.
The extra fat covers the adams apple.

May they should go for a jog and defend themselves from heart disease

Last edited:
The last time these guys were posted about here, there was a great deal of confusion as to whether or not it was satire.
That tells you about all you need to know.

On a side note, are whites the only people that take responsibility for the actions Of their entire extended identity group?

I'm Russian-Asian.

My ancestors were part of the Golden Horde from East Asia that conquered and ruled Eastern Europe for 300 years.

My people are literally the Asian equivalent of the British that conquered, ruled and settled in South Africa or Australia in terms of a historical parallel.

I had a white ultra-liberal friend in college and he literally wouldn't understand anything about my background because it doesn't fit his programmed white-guilt worldview and continuously assumed that I was the victim of some kind of white Russian imperialism and that's why I'm from Russia.

Like he literally didn't understand that most of Europe itself have been invaded, conquered, pillaged, and colonized by non-Europeans before the renaissance and the enlightenment enabled Europe to leapfrog over the rest of the world in scientific knowledge [and by extension, military and economic capability].

Sometimes the ideology comes out that is orchestrating all this noise; not brazenly, but hiding in plain sight:

Back