Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

The issue is that the missions keep coming but recruiting has slowed. The machine is struggling to keep up with demand while maintaining standards. Which in turn violates a primary SOF principal, that we cannot be mass produced. Some missions need to be prioritized. We're already asked to do more with less.

That article should not have had as wide if dissemination as it does. There's times to publicize grievances and times not to, when a fellow GBs are implicated by name that's wrong.

The Q is still producing solid GBs, the regiment is not in some complete turmoil as this article suggests. There's some things to be addressed but that should be a closed door discussion.

You're a team leader @sub_thug?
Used to be. Currently getting my lobotomy in order to promote to Major. Was at USASOC HQ before this. Hence my large amount of time to post on Sherdog... I'm so far removed from real work these days, and it's super frustrating.

@sub_thug - remember U.S. Army Distance Learning? Where you did a course by correspondence (mail or internet).

Well, someone has now had the bright idea to save the U.S. government some money and increase the quota for Green Berets (U.S. Army Special Forces). That's right, you can now join the U.S. Special Forces through a correspondence course. :)

What a genius idea! I'll bet someone gets an extra star for that one. A self paced program with lots of videos to watch. You can be Airborne qualified without ever jumping out of an airplane. Just watch other people doing it. Watch students going through the Q course and earn your SF tab.

Send in for your package and create an internet account with the school. No need for a passing 75% test score, 50% will do just fine. Re-test as often as you need. If you are a little overweight get a special waiver.

Upon successful completion of your correspondence course, a Special Forces tab, an Airborne patch, and a Green beret will be mailed to you along with your certificate. Welcome to the most elite fighting force in the world.

Used to be. Currently getting my lobotomy in order to promote to Major. Was at USASOC HQ before this. Hence my large amount of time to post on Sherdog... I'm so far removed from real work these days, and it's super frustrating.

Hopefully you take a company. These last 2 years I've been doing 4 gone and 12 home, after doing 6/6 for a while it's a nice break.

Hopefully you take a company. These last 2 years I've been doing 4 gone and 12 home, after doing 6/6 for a while it's a nice break.
Yeah, I think I'm earmarked for a company, but that remains to be seen until the orders come to know for sure. You'll know I got it when I stop being on this site ;) Yeah, when I was on a team, we were doing the 6/6 thing, and honestly, I liked it. But I was only on a team for about 2 years. It's not like some guys who grow up on teams or the Warrants who stay on a team for like 10 years it seems. I'd like to be a little busier, but I'm sure that my wife appreciates me coming home every night.

@sub_thug - remember U.S. Army Distance Learning? Where you did a course by correspondence (mail or internet).

Well, someone has now had the bright idea to save the U.S. government some money and increase the quota for Green Berets (U.S. Army Special Forces). That's right, you can now join the U.S. Special Forces through a correspondence course. :)

What a genius idea! I'll bet someone gets an extra star for that one. A self paced program with lots of videos to watch. You can be Airborne qualified without ever jumping out of an airplane. Just watch other people doing it. Watch students going through the Q course and earn your SF tab.

Send in for your package and create an internet account with the school. No need for a passing 75% test score, 50% will do just fine. Re-test as often as you need. If you are a little overweight get a special waiver.

Upon successful completion of your correspondence course, a Special Forces tab, an Airborne patch, and a Green beret will be mailed to you along with your certificate. Welcome to the most elite fighting force in the world.

You'd actually be surprised on the amount of heavy-set guys that you see in Regiment. Especially on the Freefall teams. I don't know why, but those guys tend to be a little on the fluffy side. Although I don't think I've seen too many Underwater Operations (Dive team) guys be fat. A lot of long, lean dudes out there.

Yeah, I think I'm earmarked for a company, but that remains to be seen until the orders come to know for sure. You'll know I got it when I stop being on this site ;) Yeah, when I was on a team, we were doing the 6/6 thing, and honestly, I liked it. But I was only on a team for about 2 years. It's not like some guys who grow up on teams or the Warrants who stay on a team for like 10 years it seems. I'd like to be a little busier, but I'm sure that my wife appreciates me coming home every night.

I didn't think I'd like this cycle but we're still busy enough even in garrison, which is nice, so the tdy time is still there just shorter trips. We're doing halo requal right now for instance, 2 weeks. I just hit 7 years team time, I'll try to never leave until I have to!

You'd actually be surprised on the amount of heavy-set guys that you see in Regiment. Especially on the Freefall teams. I don't know why, but those guys tend to be a little on the fluffy side. Although I don't think I've seen too many Underwater Operations (Dive team) guys be fat. A lot of long, lean dudes out there.

A) big guys fall better
B) lies

I didn't think I'd like this cycle but we're still busy enough even in garrison, which is nice, so the tdy time is still there just shorter trips. We're doing halo requal right now for instance, 2 weeks. I just hit 7 years team time, I'll try to never leave until I have to!
Yeah, don't leave until you absolutely have to. SWCS > Staff though.

Not really related to active duty but do companies like Academi hire civilians that never served? I've been looking at job posting for legal assistant type work (I like my job in the Courthouse but the damn coworkers are so fucking inefficient, unproffesional, and frankly piss poor at their job it drives me nuts) and I saw Academi had something posted but I don't want to waste my time if they don't consider non-vets.

Not really related to active duty but do companies like Academi hire civilians that never served? I've been looking at job posting for legal assistant type work (I like my job in the Courthouse but the damn coworkers are so fucking inefficient, unproffesional, and frankly piss poor at their job it drives me nuts) and I saw Academi had something posted but I don't want to waste my time if they don't consider non-vets.

I'm sure they're out there but very few contractors hire 'exclusively' veterans. Especially for a non-operator type of job.

The murky world of contracting has cleaned up quite a bit, but I would still be careful as to who the employer was. Things have changed with BW but, their reputation isn't amazing with people I know who worked for them.

AHD1ch8.jpg

His fucking ears in the dress uniform picture.
He signed up after 9/11 and went infantry but got medically discharged after getting messed up in a mountain biking accident.
And yeah, I'm sure his DIs had fun with those ears.

He signed up after 9/11 and went infantry but got medically discharged after getting messed up in a mountain biking accident.
And yeah, I'm sure his DIs had fun with those ears.
Bbbooo to medical discharge. That fucking sucks.

I love every damn MOS except for MP. If you're an MP go to hell lol...

People think civilian cops are bad, just wait until you come across one of them second rate cops known as MP.

All active duty personnel know what I'm talking about

I love every damn MOS except for MP. If you're an MP go to hell lol...

People think civilian cops are bad, just wait until you come across one of them second rate cops known as MP.

All active duty personnel know what I'm talking about

"Your rank doesn't overpower my authority!"

An ex-SecurityForces person told me she said that to a LOT of people. :)

Back