Ultimate Sherdog Classics, Memes and Legends

El Indestructo!

perfect-fighter.jpg
Shit like this is why I've lurked so long. Pure awesome.

Oh...you have to add "...fulton by far" its my fav piece of sherdog history

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/will-brooks-will-be-champion-by-2017.3358899/

@Coolidge

Nominated for the biggest pussy move I've ever witnessed on Sherdog, and all the hilarity that ensued.

This is childish. Everyone makes bad predictions. It's just a natural part of MMA fandom. I won't be returning to this thread, so don't even bother quoting me.

...followed by this gem from @Jackonfire

Thought I should bump this thread to let the TS know that no, we won't be deleting it.

<Oku02>

I remember a thread some years ago in Sherdog where Bisping and Cyrille Diabate started arguing with each other. Tried to find the thread, but seems it's dead somehow.
But found the transcription of their dialogue in another forum, posted by "Pro Ice".

I'll try to edit it in a readable way here

Pro Ice in another forum said:
Bisping and Diabate. Taken from the Sherdog Forum 2006:

WeLLiK said:
(=threadstarter)
Bisping vs Snake kickboxing match

cyrilledia said:
Professional Fighter

Wow!!!! ALL THAT LOVIN' JUST FOR ME?!?

Thanx thanx!!!

Theres a few things i d like to clear up though :
My fight against Bisping was about a year and half ago. I was out of shape, uninspired and most of all not motivated at all. Infact my goal has been PRide for the past years and every fight i ve fought (1 or 2 exceptions apart) have been fought with little motivation, sorry. I havent improved dramatically like some say or suddenly changed from being a C class fighter to being a B or an A class fighter.... I M JUST MOTIVATED THATS ALL!

Its a dream come true for me...PRIDE....and as long as i m fighting there i will show the same motivation/skills/heart. Going back to my Bisping fight the video doesnt show the round were i clearly dominate him. I think Bisping is sloppy but still can be a dangerous striker coz he puts all his energy into every strike. How would he do against a technical fighter? Bad! How would he do against Shogun? Bad! I dont think hes reached that level yet....eventhough i know he works alot on his skills.

Anyway thanks for the kind words....i ll be prepared next time.....in every departement of the game................. and people will understand that i m not just some skinny striker from France..........give me a year and i ll be in the Top 5 LHW! You have the Snake's word

Da Snake

Mike Bisping said:
Professional Fighter

actually that version of the fight is highly edited with french commentary. nice work you lanky shit.
Most people who watched that fight thought i won. I knocked him down in round 2, but wasnt awarded it. I won rounds 1,2,3. I should of been given the fight then but it was declared a draw so it went to a fourth round. Fair play, i lost that. I was gassed. I was ill for 2 weeks prior to that but im not one to pull out of a fight. Plus i needed the money. Cyrill, i'd kick your ass in an mma match or a k1 match. and in the street with ease!
By the way, why didnt you mention you tried out for t u f 3, but was rejected, cos you got tapped out about 5 times in 2 minutes.lol. thought you'd keep that quiet.
Hey im not one to talk shit(too much) but you started it

Mike Bisping said:
Professional Fighter

im still here boys.

cyrilledia said:
Professional Fighter

Mike Bisping said:
"actually that version of the fight is highly edited with french commentary. nice work you lanky shit.
Most people who watched that fight thought i won. I knocked him down in round 2, but wasnt awarded it. I won rounds 1,2,3. I should of been given the fight then but it was declared a draw so it went to a fourth round. Fair play, i lost that. I was gassed. I was ill for 2 weeks prior to that but im not one to pull out of a fight. Plus i needed the money. Cyrill, i'd kick your ass in an mma match or a k1 match. and in the street with ease!
By the way, why didnt you mention you tried out for t u f 3, but was rejected, cos you got tapped out about 5 times in 2 minutes.lol. thought you'd keep that quiet.
Hey im not one to talk shit(too much) but you started it You knocked me down???? LOL
"

You won round 1.2.3?

Fuck!!! and they didnt give you the win?

The british judges must have been biased that day...wanting to give the win to the tall lanky french shit fighting against the handsome english chap with the Union jack on his head!!!!

Mike, point is i m not even interested in fighting you. ...what for? Leave Pride to go and try to fight you in the UFC?

( you d "kick my ass in a MMA match or K1 ...even IN THE STREET".....man.....you re scary!).

The TUF tryout comment was funny too.....but actually i got tapped out 12 times in 1 minute to tell the truth. (yawn)

Maybe we ll fight again some day. Who knows...

[To the others]

Sorry if my "not motivated comments/ out of shape" came through as being arrogant but i was only telling the truth.
Some people dont realize that its sometimes hard to keep the motivation up to go and train/suffer day after day...especially after a long career with lots of ups and downs.
I ve fought the likes of Rick The Jet Roufus, Alexei Ignashov, Babalu and its hard to keep the motivation you need when you feel the challenge is less. Thats all.
I wasnt in any way trying to disrespect Mike. I think hes scruffy, has an horrible fighting style but i still respect him as a fighter....(eventhough i know i would whoop him )

Da Snake

cyrilledia said:
Professional Fighter

lallinho said:
"So let me get this straight, you got rejected from TUF trials and ROSS POINTON!!!! got selected over you because you got tapped once! Once! And with your high level of standup. I'm sorry, I don't buy that"

Well this is the only time i will use mine to answer you Lallinho coz answering people who know nothing but still call me a liar is not why i come to post on these threads."

Dana had come to check on me earlier that day when he found out i wasnt from the UK but french. He asked me what background i had. Was interested in having me do the tryouts anyway when i told him my credentials. He told me : "We re having tryouts here coz we want to touch the british market and we need fighters from the UK. France isnt our priority at the moment"

I did the tryouts. Tapped out to 1 guy.
He came to me after and said : "You looked good, good stand up and not too bad on the ground...Hows your wrestling? we could use you. We might use you in the UFN shows or in a UFC as an undercard match...are you interested?"

"Of course!"
Dana made sure they had my contact and i left ...but they didnt get in touch with me after that.
Theres the story

Da Snake

Mike Bisping said:
Professional Fighter

cyrilledia said:
"I ve fought the likes of Rick The Jet Roufus, Alexei Ignashov, Babalu and its hard to keep the motivation you need when you feel the challenge is less."

yeah classic, think you got wasted of all of these. so how does that make you great.
once or 5 times or twelve. fact is you got tapped off a guy who had not even had one pro fight.fact!
Does anyone still wonder why he didnt get selcted.
I have no wishes to fight you either cyrill. Good luck with you mma carreer, something tells me you'll need it. mike" the count" bisping (t u f 3 CHAMPION)b :)

Mike Bisping said:
Professional Fighter

dont call us we'll call you. lol

True forced loneliness

That was fucking gold

Basically it was a bunch of dudes bitching in Youtube videos about woman not wanting to be with them.

True forced loneliness

That was fucking gold

Basically it was a bunch of dudes bitching in Youtube videos about woman not wanting to be with them.

A lot of thos threads were deleted for some reason. Some speculated the mods ‘suffered’ from TFL

Dwayne Holloway supposedly posted but it was probably a fake account.

A lot of thos threads were deleted for some reason. Some speculated the mods ‘suffered’ from TFL

Dwayne Holloway supposedly posted but it was probably a fake account.

No it was him

Awesome pictures and feed. New to Sherdog, but enjoying it a lot as a guy trying to start out in Muay Thai and other MMA fighting arts.

I am disappoint my 'Diaz Bros. Being Nice' shoop thread didn't make the cut

ya'll really have no idea who so and so is do you

Lee Hotti and his boys had the most epic thread, evah! He even got his own special belt. A pink belt if I remember correctly.

This is as funny today as it was when it was made.

Can we get the full archives up from when Lee Murrays mate Dexter something came on and was posting epic tales of his fights and brawls

They are still out there but I think half of them got deleted you know when he stole a little bit of money

OG members - who was the first fighter to ever be shooped on sherdog?

Got a link to the thread?

UFC Poster curse (debunked)

A lot of long time Sherdoggers will remember the UFC poster curse. Zuffa released a poster of all the champions at that time. Legends say the poster was cursed since one by one everyone on the poster lost their title. Some by fighting, others due to reasons outside the octagon. It probably never occurred to us that in the end all champions will lose their title.

The UFC poster curse was debunked on January 17th 2016 when Dominic Cruz retained the bantamweight title.

wSpwLfy.jpg

That's the wrong poster. I can't find the original thread, but here's the poster that was so important:
2nqa787.jpg

The curse of the UFC poster was significant not because the champions lost their titles, but because they lost them in order: first Penn, then Machida, and so on. And yes, that curse came to pass.

Back