Are the Wachowskis just f--king done at this point or what?

G

Guestx

First off, let's just get this out of the way. I am a strong advocate of a person's right to do whatever the fuck they want to as long as they're not hurting someone else.

But still, how you can not just shake your head knowing that this. . .

wachowski-brothers.jpeg

. . . somehow ended up as this. . .

Wachowskis-feat.jpg

I mean, how can you do anything other than just offer a heavy fucking sigh at what appears to be obvious mental illness?

With that out of the way, what's up with their careers as filmmakers?

I know they just got finished with Sense 8 on Netflix, but nothing else is listed on IMDB for either of them. I enjoyed The Matrix, Speed Racer and Cloud Atlas, but it looks like the financial failure of pretty much every movie they've made since The Matrix trilogy has finally sunk their battleship.

So what's up with the Wachowskis? Are they just done? Was Jupiter Ascending the final nail in the coffin or is someone going to come along soon and offer them more money?

What do you think? Sound off on the Wachowski brothers . . . sisters . . . siblings. . . Fuck it, I'm sticking with brothers.

Bonus picture:

lilly-wachowski-nee-andy-aout-2017_exact1024x768_p.jpg

They are such bad directors that it makes me second guess if Matrix is even good

So they're both trannies now?
I didn't know. It's not relevant anyway.

I liked jupiter ascending well enough, and cloud atlas was an amazing film, for me.

Is wasn't that long ago either, there are top directors who have gone a lot longer without a great movie, so I wouldnt count them out just yet.

How was the Netflix series? Any good?

Maybe they should pull a Hughes Brothers and try to direct apart from each other.

They are such bad directors that it makes me second guess if Matrix is even good

You really think they're bad directors? I actually think at this point that they're kind of underrated.

We all know how great The Matrix was, but I think that Speed Racer, while certainly an imperfect film, is an interesting piece of unbridled creativity. And Cloud Atlas I thought was a Top 5 film of 2012 (though credit is also due to Tom Tykwer, who directed half of it).

first matrix was good, 2 and 3 were... meh at best. i wanted to love speed racer but it seemed more flashy then anything, i can't even remember it despite having seen it twice.

never saw anything else really, but from what i have seen they are meh at best, dunno why they keep trying for big budget stuff if it doesn't pay off but i guess that's more on the financiers.

What are the chances of both twins being transgendered? I call bullshit. Why? Math....

never saw anything else really, but from what i have seen they are meh at best, dunno why they keep trying for big budget stuff if it doesn't pay off but i guess that's more on the financiers.

You should give Cloud Atlas a look. It's quite long, so you need to be prepared for the runtime, but it's a very interesting film and an absolute marvel in the editing department.

Wasn’t there just a thread about them rebooting the Matrix trilogy?

Yes but they did write the screenplay and seems like they had a lot of influence on the movie.

Yes, they wrote the screenplay and I'm pretty sure were also producers.

But it's just weird people always want to claim V for Vendetta as a "Wachowski brothers film." It reminds me of how people like to claim True Romance for Tarantino even though it was directed by Tony Scott.

In V's case, I'm always like, "So what about James McTeigue? Was he just sitting on the sidelines twiddling his thumbs?"

It's kind of like how when people talk about Cloud Atlas they just completely disregard that Tom Tykwer directed half the fucking movie.

Wasn’t there just a thread about them rebooting the Matrix trilogy?

I think Dragon has a thread on that, but I don't think it's clear exactly how involved the Wachowskis will be.

Last edited by a moderator:
The one on the right got all the looks...wouldn’t..

Yes, they wrote the screenplay and I'm pretty sure were also producers.

But it's just weird people always want to claim V for Vendetta as a "Wachowski brothers film." It reminds me of how people like to claim True Romance for Tarantino even though it was directed by Tony Scott.

In V's case, I'm always like, "So what about James McTeigue? Was he just sitting on the sidelines twiddling his thumbs?"

It's kind of like how when people talk about Cloud Atlas they just completely disregard that Tom Tykwer directed half the fucking movie.

I don't think it's that they're disregarded. I'm sure these movies would be brought up in a McTeigue or Tom Tykwer thread lol.

It's just that due to the style of the movie, it feels like a wachowskis movie. Much like Poltergeist has the feeling of a Speilberg movie (or TMNT a Michael bay movie).

Not trying to take anything away from the credited directors.

I don't think it's that they're disregarded. I'm sure these movies would be brought up in a McTeigue or Tom Tykwer thread lol.

It's just that due to the style of the movie, it feels like a wachowskis movie. Much like Poltergeist has the feeling of a Speilberg movie (or TMNT a Michael bay movie).

Not trying to take anything away from the credited directors.

I actually would be willing to bet that half the people who actually saw Cloud Atlas probably don't even know who Tom Tykwer is. The same is probably true for people who saw V for Vendetta not knowing who James McTeigue is.

The Wachowskis involvement on both projects overshadowed everyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was totally mind fucked a few weeks ago when I found out what they are now.

They're fucking done having dicks, that much is for sure.

Back