Nganou would murder Fedor

I swear every day on here there is a thread saying "X fighter would murder Fedor". Its so boring now and been done to death. Just leave Fedor alone, he was a great fighter in his era and reigned for a long time. He has nothing to prove, we don't need to keep making so many threads to say someone from 2017 would kill him.

Ngannou has only been fighting a few years. In 8 years from now we will probably have lots of pictures of him losing.

Fedor didn't even lose until his 11th year.
Who knows. Hopefully he has a successful career and exits winning.

However if a 40 year WW can stretch Fedor, Francis will likely kill him.

You just made a list of every fighter that fought in Pride, but they were never at the same time in the same promotion at their peak.
I could make a list of every fighter and prospect in the UFC and twice longer than that.

Bunch of smaller fighters that wouldn't be fighting at heavyweight today and one dimensional fighters.
If Semmy Schilt had somewhat a takedown defence he probably would have been UFC and Pride champ at the time.
That was the HW division in 2004. They all fought around that time

Kerr, Igor, and Valentijn were past their prime by that point. They were still better than the guys ranked #20 to 30 today.

Which guys were small? Randleman? The UFC HW champ?

That's what you want to believe, not the reality, you live in a fantasy world.

Its what fights actually tell us, you need look no further than Stipe's title run. He did not beat Werdum, Reem and JDS via a prolonged exchange of high level technique, he beat them via exposing clear flaws in their games and making them look bad.

HW this decade has been all paper/scissors/stone in a way it wasn't in the past.

Anybody can get caught at HW.

From age 23 to 34 Fedor was never even knocked down.

He also was statistically the least hit fighter in the sport for many years. He absorbed even less strikes per minute than Anderson Silva and Machida. From 2000 to 2010, Fedor was very hard to land anything solid on unless it was Hunt or Cro Cop.

I really doubt Francis could land the KO blow if those two elite strikers could not. Most likely and most proven outcome is Fedor would turn Ngannou's face to mush and tap his ass out

That was the HW division in 2004. They all fought around that time

Kerr, Igor, and Valentijn were past their prime by that point. They were still better than the guys ranked #20 to 30 today.

Which guys were small? Randleman? The UFC HW champ?
You are so freaking delusional that you have no idea.

I bet you have Pride posters in your bedroom.
I swear every day on here there is a thread saying "X fighter would murder Fedor". Its so boring now and been done to death. Just leave Fedor alone, he was a great fighter in his era and reigned for a long time. He has nothing to prove, we don't need to keep making so many threads to say someone from 2017 would kill him.
You got it the other way buddy, these Pride nut huggers are still making threads about Fedor every fucking single time a fighter today get a nice win or wins some fight in a row.
This thread was probably a response to that, and a bad idea.

Stipe looks great? Fedor would beat him
Mighty Mouse break a record? Fedor was better.
Jones bearts Cormier? Fedor would kills Jones.
GSP beats Bisping? Fedor still the GOAT.
Ngannou beats Overeem? There is freakin thread about Fedor and Nogueira beating Ngannou.

Nobody hate Fedor, it's the nut huggers that can't let him alone.

You are so freaking delusional that you have no idea.

I bet you have Pride posters in your bedroom.
You got it the other way buddy, these Pride nut huggers are still making threads about Fedor every fucking single time a fighter today get a nice win or wins some fight in a row.
This thread was probably a response to that, and a bad idea.

Stipe looks great? Fedor would beat him
Mighty Mouse break a record? Fedor was better.
Jones bearts Cormier? Fedor would kills Jones.
GSP beats Bisping? Fedor still the GOAT.
Ngannou beats overeem? There is freakign thread about Fedor and Nogueira beating Ngannou.

Nobody hate Fedor, it's the nut huggers that can't let him alone.
Look at the title of this thread. Made by a new fan trying to compare a current hype train to the GOAT.

I haven't made any Fedor threads in a while if ever but I respond when ignorant fans try to talk down on his name.

Its what fights actually tell us, you need look no further than Stipe's title run. He did not beat Werdum, Reem and JDS via a prolonged exchange of high level technique, he beat them via exposing clear flaws in their games and making them look bad.

HW this decade has been all paper/scissors/stone in a way it wasn't in the past.
In this era heavy weight are 250 pounds fit monster that could kill you with a slap, that's what happening.
Nobody is going to take down and magically submit Miocic, Velasquez, Werdum, Overeem, Ngannou, this isn't the fantasy world.

In this era heavy weight are 250 pounds fit monster that could kill you with a slap, that's what happening.
Nobody is going to take down and magically submit Miocic, Velasquez, Werdum, Overeem, Ngannou, this isn't the fantasy world.

What...?

Werdum choked out Cain after Cain panic wrestled...

Stipe took down Overeem who was running away and pounded him out inside Reem's guard. This was all after Reem had Stipe on the ground looking for the guillotine...

Sounds like it is rock/paper/scissors just like he said and all these guys are very beatable.

Ngannou got taken down by Blaydes and has less than 5 years of grappling training. I sense more losses on the ground coming...

Anybody can get caught at HW.

From age 23 to 34 Fedor was never even knocked down.

He also was statistically the least hit fighter in the sport for many years. He absorbed even less strikes per minute than Anderson Silva and Machida. From 2000 to 2010, Fedor was very hard to land anything solid on unless it was Hunt or Cro Cop.

I really doubt Francis could land the KO blow if those two elite strikers could not. Most likely and most proven outcome is Fedor would turn Ngannou's face to mush and tap his ass out
Different time, different organization different fighters today.

Different time, different organization different fighters today.
Yep. And it's funny how three 40 year old PRIDE zombies are still in the UFC top 5 almost 11 years after PRIDE folded.

Reem was getting finished at 205 pounds by Shogun, Arona, Chuck, Lil Nog in PRIDE and by Sergei at HERO's and he was the UFC HW #1 contender until last weekend.

2 PRIDE guys Hunt and Werdum fought each other for the UFC Interim title.

What an incredible "evolution."

Last edited:
Prime Fedor nearly got his head taken off by tomato can Fujita who wasn't even in the top 10 (like 80% of Fedor's opponents), imagine would Ngannou would do to him.

Fedor was a -1100 favourite, Rampage raced out of his backstage medicals in his own words so he could watch an ass kicking, and the commentators literally joked at the touch of gloves that that was the only punch Fujita would land all night.

Just stop with the revisionist history. It was a complete joke of a fight and everybody was treating it as such.

And you know MMA history and who was in top 10 at what point in time?
Fedor - Fujita fight was on June 8, 2003.

MMA News:
May 4, 2003

1. Emelianenko Fedor
2. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
3. Josh Barnett
4. Tim Sylvia
5. Heath Herring
6. Ricco Rodriguez
7. Wesley Correira
8. Gan McGee
9. Frank Mir
10. Kazuyuki Fujita

https://web.archive.org/web/20030601122330/http://www.mmanews.com:80/rankings/index.shtml

Nonsense, loads of fighters had one strike finishing ability in the 00's, Fedor, Crocop, Aleks, Sergei, Hunt, Arlovski, etc and there were plenty of big men around like Sylvia, Aleks, Barnett, Herring, Semmy, etc. The difference is the sport had fighters with the defence/chin to avoid getting finished quickly.

As far as submitting people I remember before Cain/Werdum posters like you were telling us that Cain's "evolved" grappling would deal with him easily, how did that work out? Todays Werdum is a poor wrestler as well Fedor and Barnett back in the day were vastly superior, heck Nog back in the day was superior.

You do wonder how the "new Breed" talk at HW survives when the hype behind it has died on its arse so many times, blind self confidence I spose. Ngannou is definitely a beast of course and would be a threat to Fedor or anyone but he's not the product of some wider evolution of the division that's still full of old names.

Last edited:
New fans are the best fans.

Fedor would’ve bullied him, he was super fast and accurate, if you clinched up you were taken down and when it hit the mat? Well I hope you could grapple too.

NGannou has done what so far, knock a few fighters out? Fedor ruled over HW for a decade, defeated all comers and finally succumbed to age.

Fedor HW GOAT. Mentioning N’Gannou in the same breath is pretty disrespectful at this early stage of his career.

But hey, new fans.
It's amazing. Usually these stupid noobs wait until a guy wins the UFC belt before saying they could beat Fedor.

Now just KO Reem, which everyone did in Pride, and they could beat Fedor.

Prime Fedor would take Ngannau down and beat the shit out of him.

Prime Fedor would take Ngannau down and beat the shit out of him.

Maybe not easily but he had the defence that he could stand with someone like Ngannou for a prolonged period the same way he did with Crocop.

That's the big issue today IMHO, HW's with good defence are pretty much non existant, aggressive guys with power like Ngannou and Stipe can exploit this.

One guy gets a few KOs (kudos to him!), next he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I guess some never learn, forgetting past derailments of similar killers. I guess hype is a spinning wheel that resets for each newcomer putting on a string of decent wins.

Maybe not easily but he had the defence that he could stand with someone like Ngannou for a prolonged period the same way he did with Crocop.

That's the big issue today IMHO, HW's with good defence are pretty much non existant, aggressive guys with power like Ngannou and Stipe can exploit this.
i dont think Ngannau is a easy fight for anyone but Fedor certainly had the skillset and speed and power to have his way with him.

WW?

{<huh}

Arona was 201 pounds, basically a smaller middleweight today, and he outgrappled Fedor.
That's all you need to know.

What does a grappling match with 3-time ADCC champion Ricardo Arona have to do with Francis Ngannou?

Back