Aldo went down like a true champion. Swangin’ and bangin’, not tapping to strikes

Status
Not open for further replies.
they are excuses, Jones tested positive, therefore his record is rightly questionable. trying to spin around that is just making excuses.

GSP is 2 division champ who has beaten every opponent he's faced, even beating the MW champ coming off a 3 year hiatus. Aldo has lost 3 of his last 4, including losing twice in a row to the same guy, the same way, in almost the same amount of time.

if you're not interested in debating your opinion, message boards might not be the best place, just sayin

Why are there people still testing positive then? Why do they take the risk of being caught? You are conflating a rational view on the drug testing system with "excuses", which makes no sense.

When competition got tough, Aldo never took a 4 year hiatus to then fight against the easiest pick around. He lost fights, sure: but lost with dignity, never tapped to strikes and so on.

No, I'm not interested in debating with people who refuse to question things such as the drug testing system. I am not interested in the opinions of people who only look at stats and black-and-white extremes.

Aldo always goes down swinging.

Even in the McGregor fight, he landed a punch after he was out.

He'd never quit like a bitch and willingly let his opponent choke him so he wouldnt have to eat anymore punches like McGregor did.

You guys are funny. Good on him for not realizing how done he was but no reason to shit on fighters who are bright enough to know when they've had it.

If you want to see this more often, sure
24aziq1.gif

Aldo never behaved like that. Even lyoto went to sleep in a guillotine choke.

Why are there people still testing positive then? Why do they take the risk of being caught? You are conflating a rational view on the drug testing system with "excuses", which makes no sense.

When competition got tough, Aldo never took a 4 year hiatus to then fight against the easiest pick around. He lost fights, sure: but lost with dignity, never tapped to strikes and so on.

No, I'm not interested in debating with people who refuse to question things such as the drug testing system. I am not interested in the opinions of people who only look at stats and black-and-white extremes.

people take the risk because the potential benefits, just like every risk. you're not talking a rational view of the situation, you're making excuses. Jones tested positive and tainted his record as a result.

the competition at welterweight didn't get harder, the playing field simply got level once he left. there's been few champions ever as dominant as he was. his competition was always better than Aldo's

there is no losing with dignity, you simply win or lose, tapping to strikes makes no difference. my views on records and testing are nowhere near as obtuse as your view on that

Aldo always goes down swinging.

Even in the McGregor fight, he landed a punch after he was out.

He'd never quit like a bitch and willingly let his opponent choke him so he wouldnt have to eat anymore punches like McGregor did.

What? Aldo panicked wrestled and gave up his back when Max was putting it on him.

You Aldo nuthuggers are delusional

people take the risk because the potential benefits, just like every risk. you're not talking a rational view of the situation, you're making excuses. Jones tested positive and tainted his record as a result.

the competition at welterweight didn't get harder, the playing field simply got level once he left. there's been few champions ever as dominant as he was. his competition was always better than Aldo's

there is no losing with dignity, you simply win or lose, tapping to strikes makes no difference. my views on records and testing are nowhere near as obtuse as your view on that

You are not the arbiter of what constitutes an "excuse". I am stating simple facts. Jones tested positive while he also didn't test positive. Many people never tested positive, just like Jones didn't test positive as well.

That the same individual is both "clean and dirty" in the same testing system proves the system is flawed....or quantum mechanical.

So, popping is meaningless, and I don't care about it for how much a fighter has accomplished.

GSP lost his last fight against Hendricks and ran away. He knew they had his blueprint and the man bounced. The guy left for four years, to return against the weakest MW champion ever. Also, his fight against Bisping was his first finish since 2009....that's no top-5 GOAT material in my list.

Tapping to strikes is ugly. If you don't think so, good! You have an opinion that differ from mine and I won't try to change your mind. You are entitled to believe whatever you want.

I was sad to see Aldo lose. I will always be a huge fan.

Would you like to see fighters tapping to strikes more often?

They should tap to strikes the same way they tap to chokes and locks - when they know they're done they should tap. The fighter is the one who knows if they're blacking out from a choke or strikes, or if their ligaments and tendons are starting to tear. At that point why not tap?

Ideally refs are supposed to call it before it gets to that point. A ref is supposed to see someone slowly losing consciousness and/or coordination from a choke or strikes, is supposed to see an arm being bent out of shape and stop the fight before damage occurs. But in practice that doesn't happen, in part because the ref isn't experiencing what the fighter experiences.

Tapping to strikes is ugly. If you don't think so, good! You have an opinion that differ from mine and I won't try to change your mind. You are entitled to believe whatever you want.

That is in fact an excellent point.

You think tapping to strikes is ugly. I think tapping to chokes and locks is far worse. In the end its all just opinions. For that matter, 95% of the population think everything about MMA is ugly. Again, opinion.

It's funny, the result would have still been the same, but it's more noble to sustain more brain damage in some minds. Joanna was smart as shit because she was done and knew it. Everyone else saw she was done and you can't deny it. Good for her for doing the smart thing and throwing the white flag out to save a few months of her life and happiness. Not a fan of hers either.

That is in fact an excellent point.

You think tapping to strikes is ugly. I think tapping to chokes and locks is far worse. In the end its all just opinions. For that matter, 95% of the population think everything about MMA is ugly. Again, opinion.

You sir, must be a Machida fan
jonchokemac_medium_medium_medium.gif

You are not the arbiter of what constitutes an "excuse". I am stating simple facts. Jones tested positive while he also didn't test positive. Many people never tested positive, just like Jones didn't test positive as well.

That the same individual is both "clean and dirty" in the same testing system proves the system is flawed....or quantum mechanical.

So, popping is meaningless, and I don't care about it for how much a fighter has accomplished.

GSP lost his last fight against Hendricks and ran away. He knew they had his blueprint and the man bounced. The guy left for four years, to return against the weakest MW champion ever. Also, his fight against Bisping was his first finish since 2009....that's no top-5 GOAT material in my list.

if I'm an arbiter of excuses, you are the arbiter of dignity. testing positive is worse than admitting defeat and submitting.

you talk about stating facts, but you say GSP lost to Hendricks when he clearly won the fight by decision. he left then came back and won the middleweight title. if that's not goat material i don't know what is.

again, I'm not taking away your right to your opinion. you can feel what you want, but if you state it publicly, it will be challenged.

if I'm an arbiter of excuses, you are the arbiter of dignity. testing positive is worse than admitting defeat and submitting.

you talk about stating facts, but you say GSP lost to Hendricks when he clearly won the fight by decision. he left then came back and won the middleweight title. if that's not goat material i don't know what is.

again, I'm not taking away your right to your opinion. you can feel what you want, but if you state it publicly, it will be challenged.

Hm....lemme guess: GSP fan?

I said you are not the arbiter for what constitutes an excuse. I am not the arbiter for what is or is not dignifying: but I can have my opinions on the issue. You don't get to call an point of view an "excuse" just to weaken it in favor of a competing narrative.

That was the point.

GSP lost to Hendricks but was awarded the victory: the MMA press agreed, Dana White agreed, even GSP knows it. So, it's a fact.

Coming back to beat Bisping....it is not impressive. He is already bailing on defending the belt, which is why I rank him between #6 and #10 all-timers. He fought in a shallow division, abandoned the sport for 4 years, came back to face an easy opponent and now bails again. He never finished fights during his prime either. So, sure, he's a GOAT, a top-10 GOAT. I agree.

I don't need to respond to every "challenge" to my point of view. I can simply state it and ignore challenges I decide are undeserving. You make good points, but I do not agree with you.

If you want to see this more often, sure
24aziq1.gif

Aldo never behaved like that. Even lyoto went to sleep in a guillotine choke.
My point was tapping doesn't make less of a fighter. Your point is it does, I think?

Hm....lemme guess: GSP fan?

I said you are not the arbiter for what constitutes an excuse. I am not the arbiter for what is or is not dignifying: but I can have my opinions on the issue. You don't get to call an point of view an "excuse" just to weaken it in favor of a competing narrative.

That was the point.

GSP lost to Hendricks but was awarded the victory: the MMA press agreed, Dana White agreed, even GSP knows it. So, it's a fact.

Coming back to beat Bisping....it is not impressive. He is already bailing on defending the belt, which is why I rank him between #6 and #10 all-timers. He fought in a shallow division, abandoned the sport for 4 years, came back to face an easy opponent and now bails again. He never finished fights during his prime either. So, sure, he's a GOAT, a top-10 GOAT. I agree.

I don't need to respond to every "challenge" to my point of view. I can simply state it and ignore challenges I decide are undeserving. You make good points, but I do not agree with you.

who I'm a fan of its irrelevant, i never said.

you're not making a point, you're attempting to excuse and minimize cheating, when it is actually a big deal, a much bigger deal than taking to strikes in fact.

GSP beat Hendricks by decision, that's a fact. whatever the we, the press or fans thinks, is an opinion. just because you don't like the decision doesn't change reality.

Coming back after a few years to another division and beating the champ is impressive no matter how you slice it. much more so than not tapping to strikes.

you don't Have to respond to every challenge, but it's only logical to expect a reply when you post on a message board

who I'm a fan of its irrelevant, i never said.

you're not making a point, you're attempting to excuse and minimize cheating, when it is actually a big deal, a much bigger deal than taking to strikes in fact.

GSP beat Hendricks by decision, that's a fact. whatever the we, the press or fans thinks, is an opinion. just because you don't like the decision doesn't change reality.

Coming back after a few years to another division and beating the champ is impressive no matter how you slice it. much more so than not tapping to strikes.

you don't Have to respond to every challenge, but it's only logical to expect a reply when you post on a message board

No excuses.

Hendricks won: even you know that. It was a robbery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back