I'm not sure GSP should really get credit as a 2 division champion

He's a) a two-division champion who b) had an extremely easy path to the second belt.

Not hard to understand. Both points are true. Once you break the "champion = best fighter" connection, it becomes easy to hold those thoughts together.

Easier then mcgregor and bjpenn? god stop hating.

Honest fans won't recognize Conor or GSP as two division champions.

They just got coddled with perfect match ups to jump the line for.

Conor McGregor called out RDA when RDA was a killer. So I have no idea what the hell you are talking about? Aldo had not lost a fight since like 1986, so again no idea what the hell you are talking about?

Easier then mcgregor and bjpenn? god stop hating.

What do their paths have to do with anything I said?

GSP's path to the MW belt was beating Michael Bisping, a historic gatekeeper who was probably in the vicinity of the 7th or 8th best fighter in the division at the time of the fight.

That's not a hard path to a belt by any reasonable metric. It isn't "hating" to point that out.

Conor or BJ Penn have nothing to do with anything I said (although Penn beat the best fighter in his division at the time, and Conor beat someone in the top cluster of the division).

This thread is full of #fakenews. Bisping beat Rockhold for the belt, that's a fact. Fluke or not it happened. May not like but it doesn't change the facts. GSP beat the legit MW champ who so happened to be Bisping. What happened in between is irrelevant and again does not change the facts.

f46751ff5e59d96916933944572d545e6f1652da50409768059f4b4bbbbc290e.jpg

Conor McGregor called out RDA when RDA was a killer. So I have no idea what the hell you are talking about? Aldo had not lost a fight since like 1986, so again no idea what the hell you are talking about?

Talking about the Eddie Alvarez fight.

2 division champs:

BJ - Gifted title shot
Randy - Gifted (multiple) title shots
Connor - Gifted title shot
GSP - Gifted title shot

Nobody was giving GSP that much of a chance going into this fight. Now that he won people want to discredit him. Jeez.

You guys make me laugh seriously.. Bisping kod rockhold to win the mw championship of the world! Bisping was the undisputed mw champion, GSP choked out bisping to win the mw championship of the world.. ITS THAT SIMPLE!! END OF STORY! smh

He has fought at MW the same number of times as mcgregor has fought at LW.

I don't see you disputing mcgregor's claim.
in the UFC.

conor has had multiple LW fights outside the UFC.

i know it has nothing to do with the thread, i just feel like most people don't know that conor has quite a few LW fights, or that he was 2 division champ in cage warriors.

Last edited:
in the UFC.

conor has had multiple LW fights outside the UFC.

i know it has nothing to do with the thread, i just feel like most people don't know that conor has quite a few LW fights, or that he was 2 division champ in cage warriors.

So you're admitting he was always too big for featherweight?

Compared to Conor who beat verified GOATS to get his?
Where did the TS mention Conor? But since you did, I'm guessing you are saying Bisping and Alvarez are at relatively the same level?

So you're admitting he was always too big for featherweight?
not at first he wasn't, he looked fine at the weigh ins for his first like 2 UFC fights and used to look fine in other orgs.

then yeah over time the cut got worse.

nice try lol.

What everyone should ask themselves is if a champion is really a champion if they don't defend their title (i.e. Rockhold, Serra, Holm)
You should be considered a champion if you win the title, period. That's like saying are the NFL champions really champions if they weren't able to win the championship twice in a row.

2 division champs:

BJ - Gifted title shot
Randy - Gifted (multiple) title shots
Connor - Gifted title shot
GSP - Gifted title shot

Quoted for truth.

They're all as legitimate/illegitimate as one another.

not at first he wasn't, he looked fine at the weigh ins for his first like 2 UFC fights and used to look fine in other orgs.

then yeah over time the cut got worse.

nice try lol.

So you don't think he outsized other fw? The fucker made Alvarez look like a bantamweight, forget about fw.

GSP definitely is a 2 division champ. But yes, he got that done under very fortunate circumstances. If Bisping wasn't the champ, GSP would've never come back.

Now he doesn't want to defend the 185 title, but has no wish to fight at 170 either. But If Maia had beat Tyron, I'm sure GSP wouldn't have a problem dropping to 170 for the title.

So you don't think he outsized other fw? The fucker made Alvarez look like a bantamweight, forget about fw.
yeah he outsized some FW's, some were roughly the same size like poirier, holloway and aldo.

he was taller than alvarez, a lot of guys are at LW, alvarez is thick though.

he definitely didn't make alvarez look small.

Lol, he shouldn't, and isn't to people who aren't morons.

Back