Another day, another broken promise. Cuts to Medicare & Medicaid

Everyone supports reform. You think the imbeciles in Washington are capable of improving anything related to health care, though?

No. I don't. But I have to wait and see what the actual direction is going to look like. At this point, they haven't stated any specific ideas so I have nothing to be for or against.

Reform isn't the same as blanket cuts. I support reform.
If the plan resembles anything that Ryan would want large cuts are the primary goal. He'll use the term "reform" to hide that fact. Just like the current tax "reform" bill. I still chuckle at the postcard tax filing they showed.

Proving that you love exaggerated absolutes when it fits your narrative.
Which part of he article says they’re cutting benefits to people? Which benefit are they cutting? What effect will the person receiving them see if they qualify? You don’t know. So your opinion is based on what exactly?

When it comes to what I think is really bad policy I always wonder if it really is ideology or these guys are throwing a bone to donors.

That question does not apply to Ryan. He is an ideologue through and through, sleeps with his Ayn Rand books at his side and really believes in the shit he pushes.

If the plan resembles anything that Ryan would want large cuts are the primary goal. He'll use the term "reform" to hide that fact. Just like the current tax "reform" bill. I still chuckle at the postcard tax filing they showed.

I have very little faith in Ryan's ability to reform anything. But until I see it, I can't pass judgment on it.

I have very little faith in Ryan's ability to reform anything. But until I see it, I can't pass judgment on it.

O it’s the worstest ever. The fact it says entitlements means They are taking it away form homeless veterans and giving it to the Koch brothers you asshole

You hate poor people you son of a bitch

When I say reform, I mean reform. I don't hate poor people because I'm not dumb enough to think that they're poor solely because they refuse to work hard enough to not be poor. Being a lawyer has been the most eye-opening education on this subject of the poor. The raw number of hard-working people who are poor but continue pushing and striving should motivate anyone to make sure that the opportunities to excel are there for those who want them.

Too often the reality is that the opportunities and the tools aren't available to those who would use them and both parties play lip service to addressing the problem. Giving out pro bono legal services in the business community make that abundantly clear. The amount of people trying to start businesses but don't know the first thing about finance or legal protections or even negotiating a lease is quite high.

hi and good to see you, Strychnine,

i don't know, my friend...this reminds me a little of the recent tax "reform", where blue states got walloped pretty hard by the SALT elimination.

per capita, blue states have the highest per capita spending on Medicaid.

*muses*

its interesting. it's like the Southern states have ultimately triumphed despite their setback in 1865.

- IGIT

It seems that Mississippi and Alabama decided to stand pat economically.

3900422897.jpg
heres the local GOP rep surroumnded by his constituents
"When they said they were going to kill birds for food, we didn't think they meant us!"

Last edited:
When I say reform, I mean reform. I don't hate poor people because I'm not dumb enough to think that they're poor solely because they refuse to work hard enough to not be poor. Being a lawyer has been the most eye-opening education on this subject of the poor. The raw number of hard-working people who are poor but continue pushing and striving should motivate anyone to make sure that the opportunities to excel are there for those who want them.

Too often the reality is that the opportunities and the tools aren't available to those who would use them and both parties play lip service to addressing the problem. Giving out pro bono legal services in the business community make that abundantly clear. The amount of people trying to start businesses but don't know the first thing about finance or legal protections or even negotiating a lease is quite high.
I worked in an er/icu for 16 years. I’m painfully aware. If you mention any changes to these programs these ding dongs just say you have poor people. Buy computers to make working faster and more accurate so you don’t fill a few clerk jobs and that lowers the budget? Hate poor people. It’s tiresome

Which part of he article says they’re cutting benefits to people? Which benefit are they cutting? What effect will the person receiving them see if they qualify? You don’t know. So your opinion is based on what exactly?

Which part of the article describes what reforms would actually happen that wouldn't negatively impact people currently enrolled in these programs?

Which part of the article describes what reforms would actually happen that wouldn't negatively impact people currently enrolled in these programs?
So you admit you are basing your opinion on fucking nothing. Progress

Dodge noted
Dodge? Nah. I'm more of a honda guy myself, although I do own a mopar (a 66 chrylser)

You can keep defending you and your fellow "conservatives" irrational demonization of poor Americans and blaming social programs for our debt while you cheer lead tax breaks for the ultra wealthy, billion dollar subsidies and corporate welfare and bloated military spending.

But oh, please keep blaming poor people as lazy moochers. Maybe one day you'll join the fat cats at the big boys table. That shitposting will pay off any day now.

I, for one, look forward to our feudalist future.... because I'm pretty sure that means we can bring chivalry back.... and I'm pretty sure that means I can get a horse and a knights outfit.... and I'm pretty sure that means I get to be a knight.... and I'm pretty sure that's fucking cool.

Dodge? Nah. I'm more of a honda guy myself, although I do own a mopar (a 66 chrylser)

You can keep defending you and your fellow "conservatives" irrational demonization of poor Americans and blaming social programs for our debt while you cheer lead tax breaks for the ultra wealthy, billion dollar subsidies and corporate welfare and bloated military spending.

But oh, please keep blaming poor people as lazy moochers. Maybe one day you'll join the fat cats at the big boys table. That shitposting will pay off any day now.

Back