CNN: These are your White Allies on Facebook, a watchdog group who defends people of color

When you're exhausted from debating race with strangers, they step in
By Cassandra Santiago and AJ Willingham, CNN

Updated 9:27 AM ET, Wed December 6, 2017

171205082156-white-nonsense-roundup-trnd-super-169.jpg

(CNN)Social media conversations on race typically take one of two routes.

The first, and the one less traveled, leads to a thoughtful, fact-driven exchange of ideas. The second (more popular) route leads to bitter back-and-forth filled with tired stereotypes or racially inflammatory barbs.

But now, when discussion swerves in the second direction, there's a group of white allies prepared to do the rerouting.

White Nonsense Roundup is a social media watchdog group with about 100 white volunteers. Its goal: to relieve people of color from the emotional labor of engaging with a person's racist or racially insensitive thoughts.

Say, a person of color makes a post about Black Lives Matter. Then others respond with ignorant or offensive comments. That person can tag White Nonsense RoundUp to snatch some edges -- or, better put, to educate people with context and fact-based views.

Think of it like roadside assistance for social media debates you're tired of having.

"It's really unfair that we expect people of color to experience racism, but then also explain it to us," the group's co-founder Terri Kempton, a book editor and college instructor, told CNN.

How it started
After Philando Castile's killing in 2016, Kempton saw a need for proactive involvement by white people like herself in conversations about race.

"I think, as white people, we are taught that intentions are all that matters," Kempton said. "We think that if our hearts are in the right places and we consciously doubt racism, we're good to go. So that was a light-bulb moment to me, where I didn't think intentions are enough."

So, she approached another white friend, Layla Tromble, and together they launched White Nonsense Roundup on Facebook, Twitter and later Instagram.

"I thought, 'What about if we take on some of that emotional labor or burden?'" Kempton said. "Because white people are responsible for talking to other white people about racism."

Their idea worked. Since its launch, White Nonsense RoundUp has gained more than 138,000 followers across its different accounts.

171205164704-white-nonsense-roundup-trnd-kevin-tillman-super-169.jpg

Kevin Tillman of Oakland, California, is a frequent user of White Nonsense RoundUp.

One of them is Kevin Tillman, an educator in Oakland, California, who says he uses the service almost every day. Tillman, 40, is a leader in the vegan hip-hop movement and often encounters trolls online.

Rest of the article:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/06/health/social-media-race-debate-allies-trnd/index.html

{<jordan}

"When you're exhausted from debating race with strangers, they step in"

Translation: When you're giving people shit online and someone gives it back and/or destroys you're retarded arguments with facts, evidence and logic, a group of hideous land whales will step in and give some abuse for you.

171205082156-white-nonsense-roundup-trnd-super-169.jpg

It says these creatures are volunteers which makes sense. I doubt they've anything better to do, it's not like they're going to have families at home who need their love, care and attention. Probably just some cats and an empty, one bedroom apartment that stinks of piss.

Last edited:
Makes me lol because there's people that have browsed this thread that are basically these kinda people.

Last edited:
White people do gooders. Doesn’t sit well with me. Personally I think they should fuck off and mind their own.

They are Mexican when shoveling down Nachos; Italian when diving into an extra-large double pepperoni with extra cheese; and CIS white males when washing it all down with beer.

Black people need to be defended by fat, white, dykes.

Self hating white behemoths. Is it just me or does it seem these self loathing slobs are nearly always objectively very unattractive people, male or female ?

I think these marginalized degenerates are lashing out at an easy and indefensible target; white people, and more specifically, white males. When whites defend themselves it's because of durrr "racism," or insert approved psychotic/progressive sjw talking point rubbish here.

Pretty sure any first year Psych. student could psychoanalyze any one of these mutants and discover a great deal of self loathing and rejection issues.

Last edited:
As a mixed person of color, I’m thankful for the patronizing pad on my head from the most virtue signaling of white liberals that reduces me to a color and not an individual. Where would I be if it weren’t for people like them and I truly appreciate that they feel that they are needed and that they have the audacity to think that they are my friend.

Isn't it truly insulting that these self hating degenerate pigs presume to speak for you ?

Last edited:
The last time these guys were posted about here, there was a great deal of confusion as to whether or not it was satire.
That tells you about all you need to know.

On a side note, are whites the only people that take responsibility for the actions Of their entire extended identity group?

Apparently we are to bear the collective blame for things we had no hand in or agree with.

They are Mexican when shoveling down Nachos; Italian when diving into an extra-large double pepperoni with extra cheese; and CIS white males when washing it all down with beer.

And after all that identify as blue whales!

I'm Russian-Asian.

My ancestors were part of the Golden Horde from East Asia that conquered and ruled Eastern Europe for 300 years.

It is chilling, they cannot consider nothing different from their narrative: I remember a dialogue with one of them about Buakan Pramuk, they insisted to define him half african half chinese and almost refuse to believe that there are ethical groups with dark skin in south asia.

As a mixed person of color, I’m thankful for the patronizing pad on my head from the most virtue signaling of white liberals that reduces me to a color and not an individual. Where would I be if it weren’t for people like them and I truly appreciate that they feel that they are needed and that they have the audacity to think that they are my friend.
Their paternalism is so offensive that I can conceive nothing worst.

Self hating white behemoths. Is it just me or does it seem these self loathing slobs are nearly always objectively very unattractive people, male or female ?

I think these marginalized degenerates are lashing out at an easy and indefensible target; white people, and more specifically, white males. When whites defend themselves it's because of durrr "racism," or insert approved psychotic/progressive sjw talking point rubbish here.

Pretty sure any first year Psych. student could psychoanalyze any one of these mutants and discover a great deal of self loathing and rejection issues.

Reported.

I self-identify as a Mutant, and find your comparison of my People to these...creatures extremely offensive!:)

Those ladies are built for sitting in front of a computer

They think black people need help and can't defend themselves? Sounds like they're the racist ones.

We need a watchdog group for the war room.

Any nominations?

"When you're exhausted and can't finish your meal, they'll step in..."

Such brave and heroic work fighting and educating online trolls. I mean who needs to do real volunteer work or do anything to actually help communities in need when you can simply park your fat ass at your computer and educate trolls on Twitter.

Also not shocking whatsoever that the "Allies" are 3 fat disgusting women. And Vegan fucking Hip-Hop, LMFAO <Lmaoo>

Back