Al Franken probably will have to resign...

You sexually assaulted me years earlier. Now prove you didn't.
Ok. I never met you. Disproven in less than a second.

Whereas, Moore admitted knowing these girls and trying to date them.

And like I said, many guys enjoy dating "young legal girls".
no, normal men do go after teens, you fucking sick fuck. What is wrong with you? Do you really think its ok for a 32 year old to hit on teens?

But that is different from saying he assaulted underage 14 year old girls.
You really can't tell the difference?
He hit on a 14 year old. Do you know how scummy that is? How fucked up are you man?

A man who enjoys dating young girls in their early 20's is a pervert?

God Damn! No wonder you think the way you do. Girls must have rejected you EVERY DAY which is why you hate on men like Moore who can actually get laid.

LMAO. You think Moore is a lady's man for going after TEENS!!!! Jeez man. What kind of fucked up morals did your parents teach you.

The main thing is Franken did not deny he DIDN'T do it. And that speaks volumes to me my friend.

Like if somebody asked me did I ever touch a man's butt I would not say "I don't remember" I would say affirmatively NO!

You've never played sports?

Nah... There is a photo of him with this hands hovering. No photo of what you say. Stop being a blatant liar
His hands appear to be touching and does it matter?

She said she felt her breasts get grabbed. He DID NOT deny it.

The proof is in the pudding my friend. Stop defending people who sexually assault other people.

Because it signals to their constituents that they're on board with the witch hunt and keeps them from coming under fire for not "doing something about it". But if they want to pander to this and cull their peers for unsubstantiated allegations or actions that both parties are willing to move beyond that's their business I guess.

I get it, their constituents are angry and they want someone to punish. But it's part an parcel of this victim mentality and overblown reaction cycle many progressives have become trapped in. No rational considerations, no reliance on evidence, no chance for appeal, no chance for redemption, nothing... Just the stake and the fire.

So ... they're "saving their butts" by behaving as their constituents want them to and because it's the right thing to do. OK.

This is ridiculous... lol...

the reason they had to come down hard is because case after case after case after case of them not doing a damn thing about it.

They fed Al to the wolves just to get the upper hand on Roy Moore. classy. look at all of accusations against Al.... the most recent one...he grabbed a woman's hip during a picture....like who gives a fuck. Really. But he got fed to the Wolves just so the dems can have a fake moral High Ground. How can you not see that Jack?

I think it's legitimately sad that some people are so corrupted themselves that they can't even imagine other people acting in good faith.

His hands appear to be touching and does it matter?

She said she felt her breasts get grabbed. He DID NOT deny it.

The proof is in the pudding my friend. Stop defending people who sexually assault other people.

lol the irony

...and also appears to write at a 4th-grade level while attacking the intelligence of people like kpt.

'afternoon Jack V Savage,

i've kind of glossed over his posts. they're hard on my eyes and seem kind of spastic.

he needs to relax. take an aspirin. eat some ice cream. take a shit.

something.

- IGIT

What other evidence do you need? There is a PHOTO revealing what happened.

And if a photo appeared of some teacher touching a girls breasts would you want us to just "move on and forget it" or would you be demanding that teachers firing?
As I said, in the instance of the photo it's pretty universally agreed he made a mistake. He admitted it and apologized and she accepted it, at least initially. Every other allegation lacks that level of substantiated proof. So, are we to call for his resignation for that one incident? An incident that shows a horrible lack of judgement but hardly a desire to predate.

Who care though really. If the Democrats want to sacrifice him and he's willing to let them rather than fight for his job, his integrity and his legacy that's on them. Franken #notmysenator

I can tell in this thread who does not have kids, much less a daughter.

Roy Moore is not a hill worth dying on, but that is hive mind of a majority of conservatives. Don't back down even if the guy you are dying on the hill for, got banned from a mall, got frisky with a 14 year old, known around town as liking them young, and called chicks at their High School when he was in his 30's.
Sounds like a dude that needed his ass beat in his 30's not a fucking Senator of the United States.
Alabama gonna Alabama.

I can tell in this thread who does not have kids, much less a daughter.

Roy Moore is not a hill worth dying on, but that is hive mind of a majority of conservatives. Don't back down even if the guy you are dying on the hill for, got banned from a mall, got frisky with a 14 year old, known around town as liking them young, and called chicks at their High School when he was in his 30's.
Sounds like a dude that needed his ass beat in his 30's not a fucking Senator of the United States.
Alabama gonna Alabama.

This will all come back to bite them which is why I don't worry TOO much about it. All these choices have consequences and electing (should he win) a child predator and serial bigot will almost certainly have consequences but... As long as liberals are butthurt right Alabama?

So ... they're "saving their butts" by behaving as their constituents want them to and because it's the right thing to do. OK.
They're saving their butts by helping give the mob the head of Franken rather than acting like the adults in the room and reminding everyone that mere accusation isn't proof and that if adults acting in good faith can come to terms with a situation where one apologizes for a fairly innocuous action and that apology is accepted that adults can and in fact do move on with their lives without over the top sanctions.

They're saving their butts by helping give the mob the head of Franken rather than acting like the adults in the room and reminding everyone that mere accusation isn't proof and that if adults acting in good faith can come to terms with a situation where one apologizes for a fairly innocuous action and that apology is accepted that adults can and in fact do move on with their lives without over the top sanctions.

It doesn't help them at all beyond avoiding pissing off some of the base, which politicians should be mindful of. And I don't think there was any knee-jerking here. They didn't react with the first accusation, and if that's all there was, Franken would have taken a small hit to his rep and that's it. But additional credible accusations poured in, and leadership did the only decent thing, which was to call for his resignation.

I agree with all of this except that there is no mob. I've been following this on twitter and just scanned the active threads on the Democratic Underground https://www.democraticunderground.com/ Check it out. Rank and file Dems seem almost unanimously against this resignation. Maybe early on the only ones speaking up were out-for-blood feminists but once shit started getting serious we got a whole different picture. I think this was a major fuck up

Maher has been touching on this for a while. The Dems refusal to play a little dirty(pubic image wise at least) is killing them. Take the perceived moral high ground all you want. Who is in control of the country?

They're like the extremely religious person always trying to follow the rules to an absurd degree, and then pondering why God keeps punishing them. One day they're gonna snap Ned Flanders style. It might just happen when they realize all this posturing didn't do shit to Roy Moore, and when all the dust settles, the Reps just end up gaining another seat.
LOL any other day you're whining about the hypocritical behavior of the Democrats but when it is apparent they stand by their principles, they're naive ideologues who are out of place in the political game. I think people are paying enough attention that this will benefit them in the mid-terms, if not beyond.

I agree with all of this except that there is no mob. I've been following this on twitter and just scanned the active threads on the Democratic Underground https://www.democraticunderground.com/ Check it out. Rank and file Dems seem almost unanimously against this resignation. Maybe early on the only ones speaking up were out-for-blood feminists but once shit started getting serious we got a whole different picture. I think this was a major fuck up

It's crazy looking through this thread and seeing how many people look at *everything* through the lens of politics. These guys can't even imagine anyone just doing the right thing because it's the right thing. If I ever got so jaded, I'd probably just stop following politics altogether.

There seemed to be a pattern here and I thought it would be best for him to go. But the Democratic Party seems to think well if we clean our house then the GOP will do the same. That isn’t going to happen. It doesn’t matter if Roy Moore showed up on to catch a predator, they’ll still support and vote for him.

It doesn't help them at all beyond avoiding pissing off some of the base, which politicians should be mindful of. And I don't think there was any knee-jerking here. They didn't react with the first accusation, and if that's all there was, Franken would have taken a small hit to his rep and that's it. But additional credible accusations poured in, and leadership did the only decent thing, which was to call for his resignation.
We obviously see this differently Jack, but that's fine.

Back