Are the Wachowskis just f--king done at this point or what?

They made one good film and the rest are garbage.

They think they're done.

They've expressed the suspicion no one's gonna finance their visions anymore, which is tough because they are sincere filmmakers. They're not merely punching out a product. And I hate it because there's a dearth of big budget ORIGINAL space operas. I wonder if it's because there's less appreciation for thematic symbolism, and more desire for daydream-fantastical realism.

They think they're done.

They've expressed the suspicion no one's gonna finance their visions anymore, which is tough because they are sincere filmmakers. They're not merely punching out a product. And I hate it because there's a dearth of big budget ORIGINAL space operas. I wonder if it's because there's less appreciation for thematic symbolism, and more desire for daydream-fantastical realism.

More desire for movies that aren't shit.

I appreciate their effort to create an original vision, but there ain't no defending "Jupiter Ascending", and the astronomical cost of that disaster, has consequences. "Sense 8" sure as hell didn't help either. Pretty sure "Speed Racer" tanked too.

The Wachowski's are just a liability at this point. You would have to be out of your mind to invest in them. At least not at the budgets they operate under.

They think they're done.

I think it's cuz they're dudes who think they're chicks.

More desire for movies that aren't shit.
Your fallacy there is there's no telling what's shit and what isn't until the movie's done.

Obviously going by track record means nothing; it's the very reason for the disappointment.

I think it's cuz they're dudes who think they're chicks.
What's hilarious is Vudu hasn't updated Lilly's picture, so she's still Andy in it.

They made one good movie, and it was probably only "good" because at the time the visuals were new and breathtaking.

Everything else they made is quite terrible.

Your fallacy there is there's no telling what's shit and what isn't until the movie's done.

Okay, but they have made movies, and they were shit. They can't ride that Matrix wave forever.

Obviously going by track record means nothing; it's the very reason for the disappointment.

Track record means EVERYTHING, when you're deciding to give people $150 million dollars to fuck around with. Like it or not, it's a business at the end of the day, and they are a terrible investment.

Okay, but they have made movies, and they were shit. They can't ride that Matrix wave forever.

Track record means EVERYTHING, when you're deciding to give people $150 million dollars to fuck around with. Like it or not, it's a business at the end of the day, and they are a terrible investment.
avengersageofultron_no_ed14b31b.gif

Just stop.

If I was drunk enough

I'd slip them the D.

<{natewhut}>

One shoulda stayed a dude so he could fuck the other one.

Go back to their roots. IMO, they never made a better movie than Bound. Unlike the movies that followed, the script is tight and sharp, and the execution is practically perfect. It's still probably one of my top ten movies of all time and hasnt aged a day. Thats the kind of creative focus they need to go back to. A smaller, tighter story where they cant use flash and spectacle as the storytelling device and instead use it to stylishly enhance the narrative they're telling. Although when it comes to creativity I always wonder how people change as they age. The notion that the same director made both Alien and Covenant is almost nonsensical to me. Not in style or technique, which has obviously improved as hes gotten older, but just in the notion of what works.

They got their baby dicks lopped off, they no longer have that angst that makes for great art.

With all the money they have, you'd think they would pick a better surgeon to make them into hotties.

I mean if a third world country like Thailand can get it right, why can't first world rich millionaires do it? Jenner, Wachoname, etc all look like fugly trannies.

They work in Hollyweird so I sure they will be fine. All the industry execs are probably pedos, and mentally disturbed either way.

The guys who made the matrix are ladies now. They're ladies.

Is it just one of them?

No, it's both of them.

The guy's who made the matrix are ladies now.

With all the money they have, you'd think they would pick a better surgeon to make them into hotties.

I mean if a third world country like Thailand can get it right, why can't first world rich millionaires do it? Jenner, Wachoname, etc all look like fugly trannies.

Thais look feminine to begin with.

There's only so much a surgeon can do when he's working with fugly masculine-looking men.

Bound, The Matrix, and Reloaded. After that I just slowly stopped finding their movies interesting. I was a little curious for Speed Racer because it had a unique look but, other than a seizure, there really wasn't much there. I honestly don't even remember it. They definitely have talent though and I wouldn't be shocked if they release another hit.

Go back to their roots. IMO, they never made a better movie than Bound. Unlike the movies that followed, the script is tight and sharp, and the execution is practically perfect. It's still probably one of my top ten movies of all time and hasnt aged a day. Thats the kind of creative focus they need to go back to. A smaller, tighter story where they cant use flash and spectacle as the storytelling device and instead use it to stylishly enhance the narrative they're telling. Although when it comes to creativity I always wonder how people change as they age. The notion that the same director made both Alien and Covenant is almost nonsensical to me. Not in style or technique, which has obviously improved as hes gotten older, but just in the notion of what works.

Ridley Scott is old and senile now.

Back