I just cant get behind the Ngannou hype...

You seem to think that the only purpose of grappling is subs.

I don't seem to think anything. Would you like to discuss the various forms of grappling such as clinch work, trips, freestyle and greco wrestling, etc?

Might be a coincidence, but that's the 3rd Condit fan rooting against Ngannou.

Ngannou is just another animal.

He is just naturally huge, naturally bigger than all other HWs but on top of that his stand up skills are no joke.

Imo he is like the prime Anderson Silva of HW. If you can't out grapple him you are going to sleep.

People keep saying Ngannou is 1 dimensional but I'm not sure this is the case. Stipe has 1 submission in his entire career. You brought up Brett Rogers, in his 27 fight career he had 1 submission win. Ngannou, in only 12 fights already has 4 submission wins, arm bar, arm triangle, kimura, and one tap to leg strikes. I think people are going to be shocked when they figure out Ngannou is more than just a heavy punch. Ngannou has more submission wins than Stipe and Rogers combined.

More submission wins than Stipe, Cain and JDS combined.

Stipe I guess since there is no chance of seeing him fight JDS, Volkov, Werdum or Hunt at this point, all of whom I believe would test him

If KOing Overeem isn't impressive because he is so easy to KO, why couldn't JDS, Werdum and Hunt do it?

Yeah all those 40 people Overeem has beaten should have knocked his ass out.

If Overeem would have won we would have heard a different tune about how Ngannou was over-hyped and sucked. Overeem is the best striker alive blah blah blah.

In an old Heavyweight division, he is legit.

His problem will be how long he can hold up, he still looks behind the learning curve to me.

I said this in a thread the other day, and I think it's relevant to the "Joe Rogan...Lebron" thread, but Ngannou is the guy that, had he been born in the USA, in the south particularly, I honestly think he'd be playing DE on an NFL team right now. I feel like he is that kind of athlete that is behind because of where he was born. Kind of sad, really.

More submission wins than Stipe, Cain and JDS combined.

Yea people keep pinning Ngannou as a heavy striker only but I don't think that's the case. His main weapon is his striking but he has a variety of submission wins in only 12 fights. I'm not saying he's Demian Maia but give Ngannou an arm or a neck and see what happens.

Yeah all those 40 people Overeem has beaten should have knocked his ass out.

If Overeem would have won we would have heard a different tune about how Ngannou was over-hyped and sucked. Overeem is the best striker alive blah blah blah.
This.
Besides losing to the champ, Overeem hadn't lost 2014 and beat Hunt, Werdum, Nelson and JDS etc.

Also usually even if Overeem gets KO'd, he dishes out some serious damage beforehand, Browne and Stipe were almost KO'd themselves.

reem will be back. those hits i saw in the steelers bengals game werer 100x worse than anything i saw overeem take

I am fully behind the hype. he is for real, I expect him to become to champ.

Ngannou obviously has huge power, but he is very accurate with his punches as well. He has very big wingspan which is the same as Jones, and he is a great athlete.

People saying he is just a "brawler" , I have no clue where you are getting this from. Ngannou has shown a array of skills, Curtis Blaydes is a bad-ass wrestler and has very good ground control and ground 'n' pound and has only lost to Ngannou, and Ngannou showed some good TDD and also as soon as Curtis tried to grab him he got the underhooks.. which shows he knows exactly what to do. Hamilton fight he submitted him with a standing Kimura that he got from standing position!!! you have to be so strong to do that, thats really a strength submission.

If you call Black Beast Lewis a brawler then yeah I can understand that and its fair, but Ngannou no

Overeem was the number one contender and recently beat mark hunt and werdum, and was had the champ stipe in some trouble in their fight. How come with his glass chin those top guys couldn't finish him but ngannou could?

If KOing Overeem isn't impressive because he is so easy to KO, why couldn't JDS, Werdum and Hunt do it?

Well, to be fair, Overeem used at least some of his brain in those fights.

He certainly didnt brawl with Hunt lol

and Werdum did drop him

Whenever someone says they refuse to get hyped about a fighter, I always think of this

Back