Al Franken probably will have to resign...

I am sad to hear Franken is such a creep. A couple people could just be a thing, but he is up to what, 7? Guy needs to go.

Wait... I thought Franken was gay? Why are all his accusers women or am I missing something?

so he has finally resigned. good riddance. i am sure snl will let him be a guest host

It's crazy looking through this thread and seeing how many people look at *everything* through the lens of politics. These guys can't even imagine anyone just doing the right thing because it's the right thing. If I ever got so jaded, I'd probably just stop following politics altogether.

But it's really not the right thing. He has an important fuckin job and he, like everyone else who has ran for something, campaigned on the premise that he was the best person for the job. Either he lied to get into office or he's being a coward and bowing to political pressure.

If a father does something terrible, you know what he doesn't do? Resign from his family. If Steven Hawking groped a grad student when he was younger, should his contributions to science be outlawed? Should he vow to never discover anything again?

If he's so unfit, he'll be voted out. I was a fan until his resignation. Complete lack of integrity. "I didn't do anything I'm accused of, I'm an amazing person, I'm still gonna resign but let's talk about Trump and Moore, amirite??"

It is so beautiful to me that Franken is being virtually forced to resign while Moore will win and Trump ain't going nowhere. Just wonderful

Hahaha he's not getting anything in exchange for it.

Look, I am a total rightie but if I was Al Franken I would have given all these democrat wench's calling for him to resign the proverbial finger and said "If you want me out you are going to have to get the capital security to drag me out. We got bigger fish to fry on the horizon. I'm not going anywhere"
And this post doesn't do anything to reinforce the idea that Republicans are a bunch of misogynists with no principles at all does it.

Franken is simply acting like a typical democrat. By day he’s a champion for women. By night he’s their molester.

And this post doesn't do anything to reinforce the idea that Republicans are a bunch of misogynists with no principles at all does it.

I do have principles, I just think there are bigger fish to fry. A la the sexual revolution having metastasized I don't happen to think there are very many of the sorts of boy scouts you allude to out there at this point.

AND I have serious doubts about Moore's accusers.

It wasn't a problem for Bill so it can't be a problem now. Can't have it both ways.

So he basically admits to none of it except for the photo. Seems the witch hunt is out of control.

So he basically admits to none of it except for the photo. Seems the witch hunt is out of control.

Then he shouldn't have resigned, period. Was he even a Senator yet at the time of the pic?

Then he shouldn't have resigned, period. Was he even a Senator yet at the time of the pic?
He was not a Senator at the time of the photo.

You say he shouldn't have resigned, but every day more of his colleagues were publicly calling for his resignation. I think 10 female Democratic Senators went public.

He was not a Senator at the time of the photo.

You say he shouldn't have resigned, but every day more of his colleagues were publicly calling for his resignation. I think 10 female Democratic Senators went public.
His colleagues can go fuck themselves then.

Meanwhile theres a sexual predator in office still

Donald J. Trump: You know and ...

Unknown: She used to be great. She’s still very beautiful.

Trump: I moved on her, actually. You know, she was down on Palm Beach. I moved on her, and I failed. I’ll admit it.

Unknown: Whoa.

Trump: I did try and fuck her. She was married.

Unknown: That’s huge news.

Trump: No, no, Nancy. No, this was [unintelligible] — and I moved on her very heavily. In fact, I took her out furniture shopping.

She wanted to get some furniture. I said, “I’ll show you where they have some nice furniture.” I took her out furniture —

I moved on her like a bitch. But I couldn’t get there. And she was married. Then all of a sudden I see her, she’s now got the big phony tits and everything. She’s totally changed her look.

Billy Bush: Sheesh, your girl’s hot as shit. In the purple.

Trump: Whoa! Whoa!

Bush: Yes! The Donald has scored. Whoa, my man!

[Crosstalk]

Trump: Look at you, you are a pussy.

[Crosstalk]

Trump: All right, you and I will walk out.

[Silence]

Trump: Maybe it’s a different one.

Bush: It better not be the publicist. No, it’s, it’s her, it’s —

Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Bush: Whatever you want.

Trump: Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.

Bush: Uh, yeah, those legs, all I can see is the legs.

Trump: Oh, it looks good.

Bush: Come on shorty.

Trump: Ooh, nice legs, huh?

Bush: Oof, get out of the way, honey. Oh, that’s good legs. Go ahead.

Trump: It’s always good if you don’t fall out of the bus. Like Ford, Gerald Ford, remember?

Bush: Down below, pull the handle.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/08/us/donald-trump-tape-transcript.html

His colleagues can go fuck themselves then.
I do wonder what kind of consequences there would be for him if he had stuck around. Obviously it would be difficult to work on new legislation when your colleagues want nothing to do with you. Probably wouldn't get invited to parties. Can't really think of anything else.

Not a particular fan of his political leanings but I always liked his questions during hearings. Seems as though he always had a unique and insightful take on something no one else had asked.
I thought he was smarmy and smug but at the same time had a bit of appreciation of his intellect.

I can't disagree with wanting to have his day in court so to speak. I mean who wants to be lynched by a mob as opposed to having a fair trial and hung lawfully?

24231802_1821889331155193_5356581873785666382_n.jpg

so democrats have principles because they resign when they get caught sexually assaulting women? ok, got it

I do wonder what kind of consequences there would be for him if he had stuck around. Obviously it would be difficult to work on new legislation when your colleagues want nothing to do with you. Probably wouldn't get invited to parties. Can't really think of anything else.

I think it would've been a story for a few weeks, then they would've moved on and let him do his job, while the ethics committee sorted it out.

If Schumer, Pelosi, and Trump can work together, I'm pretty sure Franken's colleagues would've lived with it. Franken showed no balls here. He maintains his innocence, was entitled to due process, and still folded. Pretty weak move on all sides, and the Dems are complete morons for ganging up on him, thinking it will pressure the Reps to do anything about their people.

Reason #346 why the Dems are a bunch of losers.

The number is now 20 Senators asking him to step down.

I wonder how Bill Maher is feeling today, after ending his season on a crusade to defend Al Franken. Not the first time either. Guy defended Anthony Wiener quite a few times, after his initial scandal. Perhaps Bill should just stay away form these subjects when they come up.

Bill Maher is a partisan hack. Fuck that guy.

Back