Arizona Rep. Trent Franks to resign - asked two ex-staffers to be surrogates to carry his child...

Also, as a dude from AZ.

Good, fuck im.

Welp, that's creepy as fuck

Compared to the average politician, I guess I have to say at least he asked though

party aside I hope there's more to this. I've had friends deal with pregnancy issues, they get desperate.

whatever though, he's stepping down on his own its his call but to think people are going to be fired for everything that makes people feel something?

hell getting fired makes people uncomfortable, does stating that mean you can't fire them

You're right. If there is not more to this. It's complete crap, I'm sorry.

I wouldn't hire females if shit like this is considered harassment

It's this guy???
o-TRENT-FRANKS-FUNDRAISING-RAPE-facebook.jpg

Ewwww
Imagine him trying to impregnate a chick.
He's got really bad genetics. I don't know how any woman could be sexually attracted to that face.
Which male representatives do you think are hot?

So from a non sexual standpoint. You are ok with a boss asking his assistants to carry his child? That could easily fall under quid pro quo.

Heard he was only going to pay them time-and-a-half after the first trimester, but they insisted that overtime begins at conception.

It's this guy???

Ewwww
He's got really bad genetics. I don't know how any woman could be sexually attracted to that face.
birth defects, theres a easy target

Wait, asking someone to be a surrogate mother is bad? I'm confused as to what the scandal is.
Typically you do make these overtures as a couple, but...yeah, interesting that he isn't interested in fighting it.
This is his account -

Also this could get a whole lot uglier quickly if this is true -

Winter is coming.

And it's gonna be bi-partisan. Franks(AZ) and Farentold(TX) are two Republicans known/named, and Robin Kihuen(NV) is a Dem being asked by party to resign but is trying to fight it. On top of Conyers who is resigning and Franken who resigned today.

Franken resigning was a travesty for male rights: a travesty.

It's this guy???

Ewwww
To be fair, he might not have looked so bad before he got hit with a shovel. Is there any before pics?

Resignation is a tacit admission. If you don't have the balls to fight it, then don't expect a clean name.

hi Madmick,

i don't know. there has to be a high degree of humiliation for both one's family and one's self to defend anything like this.

there's always a cost/benefit angle, and maybe he decided it just wasn't worth it.

- IGIT

It's this guy???

Ewwww

na see, when I look at this man I see a Robert Mitchum in his prime.

hello SBJJ,

He said he and his wife had “long struggled with infertility” and gone through three miscarriages. They tried to adopt children multiple times, only to have the birth mothers renege before giving birth.

Another attempted surrogate pregnancy, about three years later, also resulted in a miscarriage, he said. In their attempt to have a sibling for their twins, he said, he “became insensitive as to how the discussion of such an intensely personal topic might affect others.”
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/07/trent-franks-expected-to-resign-286967

i don't know this congressperson's policy positions, but its really unlikely mine dovetail with his - and were he voted out of office i'm sure i wouldnt lose a wink sleep over his defeat...

...but this really is getting ridiculous, if there isn't alot more to this story.

its starting to irritate me, actually.

i feel that the #metoo movement is going to follow the same trajectory as BLM, in terms of how i see the phenomenon.

i was for it, before i was against it.

- IGIT

So from a non sexual standpoint. You are ok with a boss asking his assistants to carry his child? That could easily fall under quid pro quo.

hi SidJustice,

its definitely odd territory, but reading the congressperson's statement...he really does seem forlorn and chastised, and suffered a number of defeats (miscarriage) and adoptions that fell through (adoptions are an onerous process) in effort to grow his family.

and if these are the only facts of this particular situation, i'm unclear why there's this compulsion to rake this fellow over hot coals.

i mean, do you equate his behavior with others who have recently fallen?

- IGIT

Lol at all these Jesus loving assholes acting like fools

The Republican Party is the worst. These people stand on their platform and judge everyone and make like they are doing gods word.

You would actually ask a female coworker....

Sorry, you would ask a subordinate (while being a congressman) to be a surrogate? And if 1 quit after you asked you'd ask another 1?

You're a normal person.

You would actually ask a female coworker....

Sorry, you would ask a subordinate (while being a congressman) to be a surrogate? And if 1 quit after you asked you'd ask another 1?

You're a normal person.

hiya PolishHeadlock,

i've never been this kind of position, so i'm trying to empathize, so let me get your point of view on this;

you work all day, and when you're not working, you're fundraising...and when you're not fundraising, hopefully you get to visit your family a few hours a week.

you and your wife want to grow your family (i don't have any kids, the idea of having any is radioactive to me, but as i understand it, i am an outlier), and you take the idea of surrogacy really seriously.

you know two bright young women whom you respect (otherwise, why would the congressperson have them on this staff?) and you take them into your trust.

you are desperate to have children (again, i do not understand this compulsion, but i recognize that most people seem to share it), so you ask two people you trust and respect to be your surrogate.

i get that this is an odd situation, and the request seems (at least to me) to be a bit unusual.

but is this really the same as the POTUS groping women or Harvey Weinstein ejaculating on the leg of an actress?

i am not trying to be snarky, i think you're a solid poster.

just wanted your take on things.

- IGIT

ps - i used to live in center city, on walnut st. i miss philly. excellent place.

Last edited:
Back