Roy Moore: last time America was great , was during the slavery era.

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
https://www.yahoo.com/news/roy-moore-last-time-america-234233620.html

What is it with rightwing Christians and White supremacy. Not the first time Moore has expressed support for White supremacy. The Southern Baptists were noticeably quiet on Civil Rights or downright supportive of segregation. Pat Robertson and Falwell never supported the Civil Rights movement. Christian cultural chauvinism and White supremacy has a strong overlap.

--

Any of you rightwing Christians want to defend Moore here?

At a campaign event earlier this year, an audience member asked Moore for his opinion on when the last time America was "great." Moore responded: "I think it was great at the time when families were united—even though we had slavery—they cared for one another…Our families were strong, our country had a direction."

--

What are the odds he would say the same thing if Whites were ones enslaved.

Somehow I doubt he will lose any support from conservative Alabamians because of his comment; heck they probably support him even more!

Is he condoning slavery?

He said family values were lost overtime

Moore is a disgrace

At a campaign event earlier this year, an audience member asked Moore for his opinion on when the last time America was "great." Moore responded: "I think it was great at the time when families were united—even though we had slavery
ok so the context was slavery and he worded poorly or....???
—they cared for one another…Our families were strong, our country had a direction." The individual who asked the question was among the few African-Americans in attendance at the rally, according to the Los Angeles Times. In stating this, Moore seemingly implied he'd be able to overlook the enslavement of other human beings as long as families are "united," an interesting perspective from a man accused of repeatedly preying on young girls.

Wait what?! overlook slavery what do they mean by implied?

need follow up questions.

Is he condoning slavery?

"I think it was great at the time when families were united—even though we had slavery—they cared for one another…Our families were strong, our country had a direction."

Yes he is.

He’s a fucking disgrace. It’s ironic how these christians are the biggest hypocrites on the planet.

What a joke he is.

Roy Moore in 1997 arguing that kids commit drive-by shooting because they are taught evolution in school: "They're acting like animals because we've taught them they come from animals."

Another gem from Moore.

Is he condoning slavery?

He is dismissive of it. He thinks the last time America was great was when slavery existed. So he doesn't have an issue with slavery. Doesn't think it was bad.

He sure as fuq wouldn't be saying that if the slaves were White / his ancestors.

So White family values is the only think that counts huh? Cause Blacks were brutalized and raped in the same period, but that doesn't matter to some people.

It is also pretty dam stupid to say there was a downgrade in family values after slavery.

"families were united"...lmao. Except the ones that were torn apart because it members were literally sold to slave owners on a different plantation, amirite?

Lol. Fucking pedophile trash. Alabama is a bumfuck shithole.

He’s a fucking disgrace. It’s ironic how these christians are the biggest hypocrites on the planet.

No it is not ironic. Remember, these people believe this magic guy who died 2000 years ago is going to come back and sweep them into an interdimensional themepark...........even though he made it clear he would be back within the lifetimes of his homies.

Moore should not have said that, it was the wrong thing to do.

- Management

These rightwing Christians aren't true Christians, they are cultural Christians. For them Christianity is a proxy for White identity and supremacy. Supporters of segregation and slavery both used Christianity to defend their position.

"families were united"...lmao. Except the ones that were torn apart because it members were literally sold to slave owners on a different plantation, amirite?
Yeah but those were Black families, so they don't matter. Only White families matter; to Moore and his supporters.

He is dismissive of it. He thinks the last time America was great was when slavery existed. So he doesn't have an issue with slavery. Doesn't think it was bad.

I haven't read the entire statement, but the way it reads, he essentially says slavery was a negative of that era. Not that he supports it.

Now, perhaps he shouldn't be so dismissive of it. You don't "we had slavery, but" the issue, as if slavery was flu of some kind, but I don't see why you need sensationalize it like you are.

I haven't read the entire statement, but the way it reads, he essentially says slavery was a negative of that era. Not that he supports it.

Now, perhaps he shouldn't be so dismissive of it. You don't "we had slavery, but" the issue, as if slavery was flu of some kind, but I don't see why you need sensationalize it like you are.
i was waiting for some piece of sh er i mean "conservative poster" to defend this

thanks for playing

Back