GSP fires 1st shot at McGregor - says he does not want to "clog up" the division like Conor

Luke Thomas Rockhold

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
GSP told Robin Black that he does not want to be like "a McGregor" and "clog up" the division.

DQn8S6kUIAATnMa.jpg

(cued to 3:28)

images

Prediction: Georges wants to be the 1st 3-div champion & will use the "colitis" shtick to say he lost weight, and now he's a lightweight.

Last edited:
Not so much a call out as just the obvious truth

Man I can't wait to see him demolish Conor McGregor.

ALL GOAT NO BLOAT

Hasnt GSP said he is able to cut to lightweight? That's where I see him headed.

They are as bad as each other. GSP stalled the division from the moment he called Bisping out in June of 2016. Over a year and a half.

They negotiated the fight in Oct.

GSP wasn't going to be ready until 2017, so they booked Bisping V Hendo because it meant, whomever won would be a perfect foil for GSP to promote a 2 division champ.

They had the press conference early 2017. GSP said he couldn't be available until the end of 2017. They fight, GSP wins, GSP vacates.

In other words, he stalled the division for almost 2 years to get a favorable match-up, in the process denying Jacare and Romero title shots, forcing Mousasi to Bellator and leaving the division in limbo.

Both GSP and Conor fucked their respective divisions. Hopefully Conor will defend. Who the fuck knows.

Last edited:
wow ppl praising gsp for the shit he pulled. amazing., GDR got title and also dipped but ppl hate her guts.

He's pretty spot on. But let's not forget Khabib really fucked everything up, too. We'd have a legit interim champ to have at least. Instead we get fanboys dickriding their fave fighters without any actual fight results.

GSP losing to Conor would be about the worse thing in mma, ever.

You wouldn't be clogging up the division if you just defended your title....

I wish Matt Hughes retired at 33, right before he fought GSP the 2nd time, so GSP can understand the bullshit he's pulling.
Hughes could've been the GOAT instead of this french canadian asshole.

Last edited:
I mean, if he's retiring I totally understand it. But if he fights at WW I don't. It's not like he's walking in the cage under 185.

Honestly I can respect him vacating I guess. He knew he wasn't going to defend anytime soon (or ever) so he just elected to vacate. Plus he dethroned Bisping so we didn't have to deal with his nonsense of a title run anymore. Now the Middleweight division is moving on again meanwhile the lightweight division is still on hold.

Or GSP doesn't want to fight the top MW fighters not named Bisping. GSP wants to keep his pretty legacy intact instead going out with a bang against the killers at MW.

Back