Boxing Is Not Easier Than MMA (Luke Thomas point)

<puh-lease75>

u and the people liking this comment are such hipsters lmao

why follow mma so closely if yall hate it that much?
I like all combat sports

MMA is closer to "real" combat than boxing (obviously), but it's often harder to succeed in an extremely deep and narrow field than a field that is broader but less deep.

For example, it's harder to get a PhD in computer science than a good, solid education in the traditional liberal arts, because the narrowness of the former is overcome by the extreme depth. However, many people would consider the liberal arts person to be closer to what it means to be truly educated.

I would consider MMA vs. Pure Boxing/Pure Wrestling to be approximately the same idea.

HAHAHA, what in the world does that even mean

I think you can't or shouldn't compare the too..there two different animal it's like who's faster a cheetah or a great white shark..on land cheetah wins all day (boxing) but put the cheetah in water and let him race a great white shark (mma) he loses badly the shark has more adaptations that allow him to win but again reverse it take the shark onto the land it has no chance.. so there just two different things...boxing is extremely hard in its own realm and so is MMA.. take either one out of there element and the chances of failure are high..we've had several examples of this throughout history..

James toney vs randy couture
Mayweather vs McGregor
Royce gracie vs singular styles..
Rickson grace vs. Singular styles

Most early mma/vale tudo contest's around the world.

Just enjoy both sports for what they are
hard and entertaining

Boxing is boxing.

MMA is MMA.

Whereas STREET FIGHTING is guess what...STREET FIGHTING.

The average boxer or average MMA fighter would easily kill anyone on the street in a common scenario.

...and before you say..."but but, street fights end up on the ground", well...pro boxers can simply JAB a fool one time and it's game over.

Both MMA and boxing have strengths and weaknesses when it comes the chaos of street fighting, but basically...

...in b4 MMA is "real" fighting...which it's not.

MMA fighters AND boxers generally GO OUT OF THEIR WAY to avoid street fights...because they know better.

Why fight on the street for FREE whilst your LIFE may be in peril, (weapons) vs fighting for money with no weapons...concrete ground...etc, etc.

If you had to fight professional fighters of all combat sports on the street would you rather be good at mma or boxing? Thats all there is to it.

Only an idiot would think otherwise
MMA is easy to sum up.

It's where people go when they aren't good enough at their current sport.

Anyone that is skilled enough to be a professional boxer will go to boxing.

You see Bjj guys coming over because pay is even worse in Bjj.

MMA is really just a sport for people who aren't good enough to be nfl and soccer players.

Once the pay finally goes up you night see the Floyd's/Bradys dominate MMA.

If you had to fight professional fighters of all combat sports on the street would you rather be good at mma or boxing? Thats all there is to it.
Boxing, don't know where most people here are from but fights stay standing.

mike-tyson-landing-an-uppercut.gif

So you if you had to fight prime tyson, you would box with rather than try to get him to fight you where he is no good? This forum hurts my head sometimes with the lack of logic. I only come back because at least it makes me laugh.

curling isn't easier than boxing

So you if you had to fight prime tyson, you would box with rather than try to get him to fight you where he is no good? This forum hurts my head sometimes with the lack of logic. I only come back because at least it makes me laugh.
O shit I read your comment wrong

I thought you meant what background you would rather have against a normie.

Boxing is the sweet science. MMA is full of beta cucks. Training in UFC makes you a just bleed, alpha bomb throwing bro

You ever see a streetfight, or even a video of one? Most end up on the ground from a sloppy tackle within 30 seconds (if there isn't a quick KO). After that the two opponents either roll around trying to punch each other or are broken up. So yeah, many times they do stay standing, but only because the audience members break it up when it gets to the ground. But there is also a very big risk that the audience can kick your head in once you're on the ground because they're friends with your opponent. Takedown defense is soooo critical for a street fight. You do not want to be on the concrete getting kicked by a man with shoes on.

Back