UFC FOX 26 - RDA vs Lawler - Winnipeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's up guys First time I have ever been in this sub forum. I don't ever bet, don't even know how it really works but this fight caught my eye. On Bovada (Is that even a good site?) they have this fight as a toss up when IMO this is clearly gonna be a Lawler win, I thought he would have been more of a favorite here.

Am I the only one that sees this? I really don't see RDA beating Lawler at all man. Lawler is gonna big brother him any way he wants (Probably TKO), RDA doesn't have TWOOD firepower to take Lawler out.

Betting 150 to get 130 on this easy ass fight to call looking pretty tasty to betting Noob like me.
qss0-2.gif

Am I wrong tho? Do any sherdoggers really think RDA will beat Lawler and it should be a toss up fight? I mean Yea Yea it's MMA and anything can happen but you know what I mean. I just don't see it.
tenor.gif

Solid GIF game, but we've got a thread for discussing the event just next to this one.

Man after reading this thread I'm kind of shocked at people thinking RDA is gonna beat Lawler. They are both at -115 on Bovada and I see that as an EASY Value bet on Lawler, I know Lawler is on the downside but I really don't see him losing to RDA. Maybe I'm retarded? {<huh}

Cirkunov is my only bet so far, wish I could have got +odds but -115 will have to do.

check out Cirk's competition, of his UFC victories only one is still on the roster and the minute he fought a legit stud he got evaporated. I used to be high on him but when you look at what he's really done it leads me to conclude that he may be a bit overhyped. At + money Glover is gonna be the play, he's old and semi-shot but he's proven himself to be legit.

check out Cirk's competition, of his UFC victories only one is still on the roster and the minute he fought a legit stud he got evaporated. I used to be high on him but when you look at what he's really done it leads me to conclude that he may be a bit overhyped. At + money Glover is gonna be the play, he's old and semi-shot but he's proven himself to be legit.

Thats misleading. The guy with solid standup who he guillotined didnt get cut due to his record as hes legit belirve it was money related. He also schooled cute no one has beaten cute so easily.

Glover vs Gus got fight of the night

More like beatdown of the night, I've never seen someone eat so many uppercuts in a MMA fight. Glover was too tough for his own good and Gus really stretched the fight out, brutal finish in the 5th round after an accumulation of blows to the head.

When you see a 38 year old fighter that's clearly past his prime and he takes a beating like that, you should hope he retires.

IDK how serious Glover has taken his career after the Jones fight. He left ATT, he left Hackleman and now he's training out of that bum gym in Connecticut, where he also teaches classes.

After the Gus fight, the MO was fade Glover, I'm using that Gamblou capping system.

Man after reading this thread I'm kind of shocked at people thinking RDA is gonna beat Lawler. They are both at -115 on Bovada and I see that as an EASY Value bet on Lawler, I know Lawler is on the downside but I really don't see him losing to RDA. Maybe I'm retarded? {<huh}

On the first look I agree that Lawler seems to be the obvious play. If you look deeper though then the fight becomes much closer. RDA pushes a very good pace and is adjusting well as a WW. Against Cerrone, Lawler did great in the first round but took the second round off and allowed Cerrone back into the fight. I don't think he can afford to do that vs RDA as I think he will push the pace and not allow Lawler to rest. In Lawler's last 3 fights which went 5 rounds you can make a good case that he either lost the fights (Condit and Hendricks) or was down on the scorecards before the finish (MacDonald). Despite RDA getting knocked out by Eddie I think that his chin is still very good and he won't be easy to finish.

On the first look I agree that Lawler seems to be the obvious play. If you look deeper though then the fight becomes much closer. RDA pushes a very good pace and is adjusting well as a WW. Against Cerrone, Lawler did great in the first round but took the second round off and allowed Cerrone back into the fight. I don't think he can afford to do that vs RDA as I think he will push the pace and not allow Lawler to rest. In Lawler's last 3 fights which went 5 rounds you can make a good case that he either lost the fights (Condit and Hendricks) or was down on the scorecards before the finish (MacDonald). Despite RDA getting knocked out by Eddie I think that his chin is still very good and he won't be easy to finish.
RDA getting TKO'd by Alvarez over the course of 30 seconds of being punched in the face was actually really indicative of the quality of his chin. It wasn't an early stoppage, but I can remember RDA barely looking phased after the fight was stopped.

Commentary in Spanish but RDA takes a hammering here and just kind of strolls away after it's stopped. It's weird, clearly a justified stoppage but RDA didn't look that shaken up by it from his immediate post-fight reaction.

I think Lawlers long hard battles and need to fight at a slower pace/takes rounds off will get exploited by RDA who has awesome cardio and pushes a pace. He went five hard rounds vs T-Ferg at altitude but Lawler couldn’t not throw a single strike in the second round vs Cerrone.

Go with your gut.

At a glace I'd say Robbie will smash little light weight RDA to bits, and there is always a good chance he will, but RDA does have his advantages.

If Ferguson can dismantle RDA for 5 rounds on the feet, imagine what lawler will do to him, my money is on lawler all day.

If Ferguson can dismantle RDA for 5 rounds on the feet, imagine what lawler will do to him, my money is on lawler all day.

I wouldn't say he dismantled him. He clearly won 3 out of 5 rounds but RDA wasn't ever really in danger of being finished. Plus I think there was quite a nasty eye poke from Ferguson which may have hindered RDA. Ferguson also throws at a much higher rate than Lawler.

I wouldn't say he dismantled him. He clearly won 3 out of 5 rounds but RDA wasn't ever really in danger of being finished. Plus I think there was quite a nasty eye poke from Ferguson which may have hindered RDA. Ferguson also throws at a much higher rate than Lawler.
Wauw was it really 3-2 in my memory he lost all 5 rounds. Probably need to rewatch the fight then, I love RDA and wouldn't mind seeing get the W, but I just think Lawler is to much, specially since he's a former 185'er and RDA being a former 155'er. But maybe you're right, Lawler is way less active than Ferguson and that might be a huge factor since Lawler just goes on auto pilot sometimes and just throw away rounds like its lollipops.

I think it was more 4-1 than 3-2, but this doesnt matter so much really. Ferguson stand up is a lot different that Lawler`s.

wooow rewatched Emmett vs Felipe, he has some good power !
I think I will pass on Lamas or pick the dog here, I see a scenario where it plays out like in the Mendes fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back