Democratic Senators Calling For Trump's Resignation

I don't really believe this will impact his numbers with women in 2020, let alone lead to his resignation. He literally faced these accusations during the campaign and still won. The country has already weighed in on the issue.

It's not really clear to me why Franken resigned, to be honest, he should have let the voters decide.

It's not really clear to me why Franken resigned, to be honest, he should have let the voters decide.

It was a political play, and it's painfully obvious at this point. Franken was martyr'd for the overall strategy to take down Trump. The Dems are delusional enough to think that if they show a zero tolerance policy, and push Franken out the door based on allegations, that Reps will be forced to do the same with Trump. It's quite a foolish strategy, but it's quite obvious that's what they're building towards.

Franken's biggest mistake was apologizing, and trying to appear sympathetic to the women who complained about him, and appease his party by taking responsibility, even though he believes he did nothing wrong. He probably just got the biggest wake up call of his life, that his party doesn't care about nuance, and are only out to persecute. He was part of it too, as he was one of the more outspoken advocates in the Senate, who was championing all the women who came out and accused someone of sexual harassment/assault. That shit came around full circle and ruined him, and hopefully now he might realize how dangerous and short sighted of a stance of "Believe the women. Fuck due process" is.

There are still conservative posters here?

I don't really believe this will impact his numbers with women in 2020, let alone lead to his resignation. He literally faced these accusations during the campaign and still won. The country has already weighed in on the issue.

This is a strange (and common) take. Since when has, "X won an election, therefore he can't have done anything wrong" been a thing? Seems like it was created for Trump, and I'd expect it to disappear after him.

Hey, hey, your lame, tired, and predictable troll post was more than three words, and none of them were "retard", "cunt", or "fucktard". Way to go, little guy. You've been reading, haven't you?
When did canadians start following American politics?

There's proof he's a molester - he admitted as much on tape.
The fact that he "doubts" is his voice after admitting as much, well, that's the kind of liar you assholes elected.
Those charges alone in this climate of careers being destroyed over accusations ought to be enough to get us a President Pence.

The guy has an approval rating in the 30s with a booming economy. That is pretty odd.

And the more these things stay in the public light the more scrutiny they get. When this stuff first came out trump gave a denial, brushed off the Billy Bush tape and said he would sue the false accusers.

These women aren't going away, Trump is now pivoting to the Bush tape being fake, hasn't sued the women, is now saying he doesn't know them (that will likely be proven false) and is campaigning for Roy fucking Moore.

Things have evolved since the election.

Let's remember that the Cosby stuff came out in 2004 but quickly went away. But they came back much stronger the 2nd go round

@HereticBD how come you make hundreds of posts about Trump and America's politics but you're always absent from any thread about your own country?

You haven't posted at all in any of these threads:
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/c...ation-payments-to-have-not-provinces.3672651/

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/q...er-bans-grilled-cheese-and-cocktails.3625445/

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/c...essive-increases-ever.3670987/#post-136412865

And only one post in six pages of this thread.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/j...sts-into-canada.3662841/page-2#post-136019649

But in the same amount of time as those threads were started you made 45 posts that contained the word "Trump".

Inquiring minds would like to know
giphy.webp

This is a strange (and common) take. Since when has, "X won an election, therefore he can't have done anything wrong" been a thing? Seems like it was created for Trump, and I'd expect it to disappear after him.

I'm not saying he's done nothing wrong, only that knowledge of this explicit wrongdoing did not disqualify him from office. This isn't unique to Trump, and he's not immune from additional judgement for additional wrongdoing, he's just already faced scrutiny for these issues by the people responsible for deciding if he's fit for office.

Watch that slippery slope dude. If being sexually assertive is considered assault today, what happens in 5 years?
You're still ugly, and I still have no trouble not sexually harassing or assaulting women. As the world turns.

I'm not saying he's done nothing wrong, only that knowledge of this explicit wrongdoing did not disqualify him from office. This isn't unique to Trump, and he's not immune from additional judgement for additional wrongdoing, he's just already faced scrutiny for these issues by the people responsible for deciding if he's fit for office.

Well, he's not going to resign, obviously. But others (and not just Franken) have certainly resigned for less. And it's not like he was overwhelmingly popular. Not only did he get significantly fewer votes than his opponent, but she didn't get a majority either. Further, there appears to be a changing standard on this issue.

The guy has an approval rating in the 30s with a booming economy. That is pretty odd.

And the more these things stay in the public light the more scrutiny they get. When this stuff first came out trump gave a denial, brushed off the Billy Bush tape and said he would sue the false accusers.

These women aren't going away, Trump is now pivoting to the Bush tape being fake, hasn't sued the women, is now saying he doesn't know them (that will likely be proven false) and is campaigning for Roy fucking Moore.

Things have evolved since the election.

Let's remember that the Cosby stuff came out in 2004 but quickly went away. But they came back much stronger the 2nd go round

All that can be true without impacting his base, though. His inconsistency is his most consistent quality, and his denials appease his supporters regardless of their honesty. I'm not convinced he's more exposed here than he was in October 2016, when he appeared dead in the water.

@HereticBD how come you make hundreds of posts about Trump and America's politics but you're always absent from any thread about your own country?

Why does this bother you, and would you even care about it if I was a Liberal?

I'll answer for you:

A: Because my views and comments deeply rustle you, and you'd like me to go away, so this place can become even more of a Liberal circle jerk.

B: Of course you wouldn't. It wouldn't even enter your mind to consider where I was from, as long as I was telling you what you wanted to hear.

I've also commented in plenty of Canadian political threads, BTW. Just because you cherry pick some that I haven't, doesn't mean whatever the hell it is you're trying to say.

Back