Elections Alabama Special Senate Election Live Results Thread

I don't know if this should be a celebration for Dems. They only won by one point and it was against a religious extremist that pisses on the constitution and like young girls.

Oh, for the record @oleDirtyBast4rd is also wrong about the age of consent laws in Alabama everyone. Again, anyone surprised?

Age of consent is incredibly important in Alabama. An individual who is 19 years old or older has sexual contact with someone who is younger than 16 but older than 12 has committed sexual abuse.

How is he wrong?

It might be questionable to have relations with 16-year olds by modern standards, but it is not an act of pedophilia. Pedophiles prey on sexually immature children.

In Roy Moore's time, while seeking relationships with 16-year olds may or may not have been the norm, we did not yet possess the sort of knowledge that we now do about the possible negative impact on emotional and cognitive growth, caused by relationships at an immature (mental) age. The common understanding appears to be that a person ought to be emotionally mature once they are 17 years old. Sexual maturity is no longer the determining factor, as it once was.

The reality is that most 20 to 30 year old males sought after younger company, and may have even been socially pressured to do so, especially in Christian circles. It's hard to determine whether Moore was truly predator-like, or whether he was simply acting as was expected of a Christian man at the time. Grooming a young wife, in order to have as many healthy children as possible, is a fundamentally Christian practise.

Hell, we are bringing in men from foreign countries who have married their wives a lot younger than 16. It's going to be a real shit-show once we start sorting that out.
Ok since you are clearly having trouble with this, I will help you.

It is not ok to fuck a 16 year old. It's statutory rape. Republicans are funny.

I don't know if this should be a celebration for Dems. They only won by one point and it was against a religious extremist that pisses on the constitution and like young girls.
Because it's about a sure win for the republicans as there is and every seat counts .

It's still Alabama.

Funny thing, Tim Kennedy said Alabama made the right choice and has now stirred up the FB hornets nest. The people commenting are exactly why I'm glad Moore lost.

I said last night it doesn't matter. It's still a red state, and will remain as such. Jones will not win reelection.

The period is a sign of fertility and sexual maturity in the vast majority of women. It pretty much is the only way to tell without a medical examination. Im not sure what is so interesting.

Keep claiming the moral high ground while denying biology
you-fackin-nonce.jpg

I think mods need to add "no endorsing of grown men having relations in minors" to the rules along with no race baiting and promoting of violence.

Pretty sad that would even need to be a written rule.

Very fair, although he will most certainly help block bad policy while in office. And there is no expectation to win there anyway as this was an unusual set of circumstances to say the least. But yeah, as batshit as Moore is he would have won if he just laid off little girls. Looks like ideas such as jailing homosexuals and blatant racism isn't enough to disqualify you.

The bigger "win" for Democrats, I think, is that Trump's endorsement won't carry really bad candidates, Bannon sucks and the GOP is really in a bad place. A Trump like party instead of a Romney (or insert any intelligent respected conservative) will really get Democrats motivated to show up and keep conservatives with principles at home. I think if the party continues down this path they'll be much more beatable in future elections. It's not like they have popular policies!

I said last night it doesn't matter. It's still a red state, and will remain as such. Jones will not win reelection.
It sure as hell makes their margin in the Senate much slimmer and by the time Jones is out the House could flip.

I'm under the impression that he did not "fuck" anybody.

Anyway, in my country it's perfectly legal to fuck 16 year olds. As it is in Alabama.

https://www.ageofconsent.net/states/alabama

I usually find it helpful to read the links I post as supporting evidence, just in case they in fact do completely the opposite..

Alabama statutory rape law is violated when an individual over age 18 (or 16 or older if the victim is at least 2 years younger than the offender) engages in sexual intercourse with a person over the age of 12 and under age 16.

It sure as hell makes their margin in the Senate much slimmer and by the time Jones is out the House could flip.
Jones serves until 2020. WH could flip by the time he is out. McConnell will wait to seat him until after the tax vote though, so that will still pass. But for the next three years it's a 51-49 Senate. Barring others forced to resign because of sexual harassment cases or dying etc.

Jones serves until 2020. WH could flip by the time he is out. McConnell will wait to seat him until after the tax vote though, so that will still pass. But for the next three years it's a 51-49 Senate. Barring others forced to resign because of sexual harassment cases or dying etc.
Yes taxes will get rammed through (I read the Senate and House have an agreement today) but good luck gutting SS & medicare (like Ryan wants to do) with a tiny margin for error.

Odds are pretty good house flips, but obviously things change. But the party of Trump is going to really boost Democrat turn out imo.

Flipping the Senate seemed like a very long shot but now is plausible (even if still unlikely).

Ok since you are clearly having trouble with this, I will help you.

It is not ok to fuck a 16 year old. It's statutory rape. Republicans are funny.
The Family Values party

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back