Elections Alabama Special Senate Election Live Results Thread

25188770_738373986358852_4149890406824600524_o.jpg

LOL Breitbart is melting down.

Current top headline:
"COULTER: Why I secretly wanted Roy Moore to Lose -- Brooks 2020!"

'Bannon Least Culpable by Ann Coulter"

Info Wars is already trying to pass off conspiracy theories of rigging.
"Democrat Judge Announces Election Results Will Be Erased After Alabama Senate Race. Are Democrats trying to get rid of evidence?"

Are people just supporting Moore because he's a republican? If the nicest thing you can think to say about the guy is "the accusations of pedophilia aren't that strong" then maybe he's just a generally shitty candidate, and you're better off cutting your losses on this one.

I get that it's hard to just let people gloat when they have different political views, but this is an objectively better outcome than Moore winning.

Roy Moore is demanding a recount and is doing it himself. It’s taking a while cause he keeps stopping at 14.

@Rod1 just sent this to me in PM.......

I dont disagree that its a morally wrong, what i argued is that the law in America tends to be draconian about it

Not all that is morally wrong needs to be illegal, society needs to take a bigger role than government when it comes to regulating itself.

Good to see even Alabamians have their limit, although it was so close.

I

Are people just supporting Moore because he's a republican? If the nicest thing you can think to say about the guy is "the accusations of pedophilia aren't that strong" then maybe he's just a generally shitty candidate, and you're better off cutting your losses on this one.

I get that it's hard to just let people gloat when they have different political views, but this is an objectively better outcome than Moore winning.

Right?

This is literally a win for everyone.

It's a win for Democrats because they turn Alabama blue for the first time in a quarter century.

It's a win for Republicans because they aren't saddled with a cooky blowhard who was going to make them look like pederasts for the next two decades, and they can just put in a better candidate next cycle.

It's a win for the American people because, (a) we didn't elect a racist piece of shit pedophile, (b) now it's going to be harder for Republicans to upwardly distribute power and wealth and destroy our economic futures ahead of the 2018 midterms, and (c) it shows that partisan politics is only 99.9% fortified, as opposed to 100%

I dont disagree that its a morally wrong, what i argued is that the law in America tends to be draconian about it

Not all that is morally wrong needs to be illegal, society needs to take a bigger role than government when it comes to regulating itself.

I only thought about you, because in thinking of a response to quip, I found myself playing devils advocate, and thinking of the defenses I have heard that have some merit.

And then I was like......this is how they got rod.

It's kind of sad really. My self sensorship on this, is dangerous. It is normalizing thought police.

Not that I think limbo pete, and the Rothschilds are conspiring to silence defense of pedos, just that even on a topic like pedos, it is dangerous to silence decent. It really is the slippery slope argument.

I only thought about you, because in thinking of a response to quip, I found myself playing devils advocate, and thinking of the defenses I have heard that have some merit.

It's kind of sad really. My self sensorship on this, is dangerous. It is normalizing thought police.

Not that I think limbo pete, and the Rothschilds are conspiring to silence defense of pedos, just that even on a topic like pedos, it is dangerous to silence decent. It really is the slippery slope argument.

I think you have to remember that this is a monetized Karate forum. We like to think this is our little playground but some topics you just don't want associated with your karate forum.

I think you have to remember that this is a monetized Karate forum. We like to think this is our little playground but some topics you just don't want associated with your karate forum.

Sure, I get that, but this goes to the deregulation argument.

We like to think that people are smart enough consumers, that if this hits a critical mass, that people would stop consuming a product, and the invisible hand solves all.

I just don't think that is true. The funny part is apparently neither does the right, when it comes to Facebook, google, ect.

Definitively a touchy subject.

It has begun.... chances Trump picks up on this.... God I hope he retweets it.

What? No it doesn't. That results in things like shaming, ostracization and honor crimes. You know... primitive forms of control we managed to liberate ourselves from.

I would be amazed if you saw the resurgence of shaming on social media and thought, "Yes, this is a step in the right direction."

Info Wars is already trying to pass off conspiracy theories of rigging.
"Democrat Judge Announces Election Results Will Be Erased After Alabama Senate Race. Are Democrats trying to get rid of evidence?"

Do you know anything about this? My boss is a right wing CTr. I love the look on his face when he's hit with the facts and realises deep down inside, he's just an idiot.

Back