NEW WARRIORS TV Series (New Behind-the-Scenes Look and Footage for the Scrapped Series)

So at the moment we don't know if this series is gonna be part of MCU, right?

tumblr_n0rdtsRI8f1rt7ptzo1_500.gif

Best Teen Titans Go episode ever.
Maybe you know the answer for my question?

It is not confirmed yet if the New Warriors will be part of the MCU. But there's a strong possibility that it is connected since all of the recent Marvel television shows for now have been part of the MCU.

I'm pretty sure it is a part of the MCU, but that doesn't necessarily mean the characters in this show will have interactions with the film characters or appear in the films themselves. I assume this will be like Agents of Shield and the netflix series' where they acknowledge the Avengers etc. but don't meet them.

Update: November 1, 2017

NEW WARRIOR Won't Air on Freeform Anymore, Series Will Be Shopped Elsewhere

i2gBeZn.png

Marvel's highly anticipated take on New Warriors is on the move. The half-hour scripted comedy, picked up straight to series at Freeform in April, will no longer air on the younger-skewing, Disney-owned cable network. Instead, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Marvel will shop the live-action comedy to other outlets.

Sources say there has been some talk that the 10-episode series from Kevin Biegel (Enlisted) could be taken to Disney's forthcoming subscription streaming service, though insiders stress that's a long shot.

The pilot — which stars Baby Daddy grad Derek Theler as Mister Immortal and This Is Us' Milana Vayntrub as fan-favorite Squirrel Girl — is said to have tested through the roof and caught the attention of high-level Disney executives. Insiders note that Freeform — which is expanding original programming to four nights a week in 2018 — could not find a slot for the show next year as it had originally intended. Marvel then asked for New Warriors back as the comic book powerhouse wants it to premiere in the new year. Freeform obliged.

"We are extremely excited about Marvel’s New Warriors and look forward to finding the perfect partner to launch the series with in 2018,” said Dan Buckley, president of Marvel Entertainment.

Sources suggest Disney-owned Marvel — which has a multiple-show deal at Netflix that includes Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, The Defenders and the upcoming Punisher — is no longer able to sell to outside companies. If true, that would seemingly limit the potential new homes for New Warriors. That would indicate that New Warriors could wind up on Disney's SVOD service that will be home to the studio's hits like Finding Dory, Marvel features like Captain America and Lucasfilm titles including Star Wars. Disney's streaming service is being eyed to launch in late 2019, which could also eliminate that as a destination unless the platform is jump-started early as Marvel is keen on the show airing in 2018.

S
ources say New Warriors could also be taken out to other streaming services, with the comic book giant eyeing a two-season pickup. Production is rumored to resume in January should the show find a quick new home.

New Warriors is about six young people learning to cope with their abilities in a world where bad guys can be as terrifying as bad dates. Joining Vayntrub and Theler are Jeremy Tardy as Night Thrasher, Calum Worthy as Speedball, Matthew Moy as Microbe and Kate Comer as Debrii. New Warriors hails from Marvel Television and ABC Studios' cable arm ABC Signature. Marvel head of TV Jeph Loeb and Jim Chory executive produce alongside Biegel, who serves as showrunner. New Warriors, sources say,could be Marvel TV 2.0, with the ability to feature multiple spinoffs similar to the company's Netflix arrangement.

In picking up the series in April, Freeform exec vp programming and development Karey Burke noted the process was "super competitive," and that the cabler had been longtime fans of the franchise and "chased Squirrel Girl" before landing Marvel's Cloak and Dagger with a straight-to-series order.

Marvel's 'New Warriors' Won't Air on Freeform Anymore, Series Will Be Shopped Elsewhere (Exclusive)

There’s ABC, Freeform and their streaming service. Any other channels (outside of ESPN) owned by Disney?

Update: December 13, 2017

First Look at the NEW WARRIORS Cast Together in a Behind-the-Scenes Photo

zUpg3kL.jpg

Derek Theler (far left on the pic above) is apparently cast as Mister Immortal. Interesting.

Theler was one of the possible actors to play Shazam some months ago.

I think y'all might be confused due to Milana dressing like a boy on the front right there. I'd expect they're going to make Squirrel Girl pretty hot.

iu
That squirrel could get my nut any day of the week.

I think y'all might be confused due to Milana dressing like a boy on the front right there. I'd expect they're going to make Squirrel Girl pretty hot.

iu

And...boom goes the dynamite:)

I might give this a chance after all...

Back