Bellator 191 - McDonald vs Ligier - England

EzFlyer

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
http://www.sherdog.com/events/Bellator-191-McDonald-vs-Ligier-64167

MM9wcucNTA_X6itxcOTgXw.png

bellator europe expansion continues, i guess.. not a great offering..

didn't know mcdonald was signed.. and don't know who ligier is...

any intel on anthony dizy? fletcher sucks.

any intel on anthony dizy? fletcher sucks.

Haven't looked at any tape, but he def hasn't been fighting cans, has a win over a decent fighter in Martin Stapleton. Only losses are a dec to Caldwell a few years ago and got subbed by a strong Brazilian. Easy fade on Fletcher imo

I like Valerie Letourneau over Kate Jackson at -160. 125 pounds should be the best weight class for Valerie. If she used her time off to get well and in shape I believe that she'll be too much for Jackson on the feet.

Was eyeing Dizy but now i've watched tape and he's jumped to -280 i'll pass. Fletcher is dangerous on the mat and he is probably the better striker. Not sure if us Euro's will even get Dizy line.

Hmm anyone watched tape on Val and Jackson? Val is training at ATT and has MTB in her corner. Jackson trains with a bunch of bums in an inbred far flung corner of England. Is it worth subjecting myself to tape?

Just realised the guy who stopped Mike Perry in under a minute in his one and only professional boxing outing was non other than Caleb Truax, who just beat James DeGale for the IBF super-middleweight title. Would be interesting to see footage of that, can't find anything online though.

Edit: ooops wrong thread.

Last edited:
Just realised the guy who stopped Mike Perry in under a minute in his one and only professional boxing outing was non other than Caleb Truax, who just beat James DeGale for the IBF super-middleweight title. Would be interesting to see footage of that, can't find anything online though.

Fuck never knew that. The fight's online somewhere i've seen it.

Jut seen hills have a fair few lines! Anyone got any leans?

So annoying that tapology only have main card (I’m lazy yes)
Edit: just seen it’s a bamma mix card and found out :)

Last edited:
JACKSON +135 = Elite Bet

So Valerie Latourneau is a favourite once again and as expected. The highlight of her career was getting her ass beat by JJ for 5 rounds, she hung tough but that was a one sided beatdown.

After the JJ fight, Valerie moves up to 125 to face Calderwood in Canada and proceeds to have the worst performance of her career. She tried to quit multiple times in the fight, was hurt to the body multiple times, she can cry wardrobe malfunction but that wasn't the issue, body shots were. Calderwood completely dominated that fight, she got TD's and she lit her up standing, Valerie made Calderwood look really good. Valerie was also the favourite in this match up.

Now Valerie is coming off back to back losses, she gets another fight at home in Canada, this time at 115. Valerie has a bad weight cut, misses weight. She then goes and loses a close fight to a debuting, short notice Vivianne Perreira. Valerie looked like she was two weight classes bigger in that fight and she has a huge height and reach advantage. Valerie found a way to lose once again, she was taken down and she was edged out on the feet, another bad performance.

Now Valerie is nearly 35 years old, she hasn't fought in a year and she has openly said that weight cutting to 115 has ruined her body and that she is still recovering from the effects. Valerie is a 500 fighter, her record is 8-7 if you count the 1st round sub loss to Roxanne on TUF, yes that happened.

A lot of people probably aren't that familiar with Kate Jackson but she was the 2nd best girl on her season of TUF, she would have won that show if not for Suarez. Jackson is a well rounded fighter, serviceable striking, decent TD's and she's strong in top position. Jackson typically likes to push a pace and bully her opponents.

Valerie is the better technical striker but she has poor TDD and she has nothing off her back. Jackson will cage push, pursue TD's and just dictate the fight, Valerie has no authority in the cage.

I also love that Jackson is at home for this fight, meanwhile Valerie is flying half way across the world for her Bellator debut. The fight is at 125, both girls are former 115ers, Valerie is probably a little bigger but she's never been physically imposing, I expect Jackson to be the stronger girl.

Jackson lost a fight early in her career (6 years ago) to a 5-1 Swedish girl, since then she has only lost to JJ and Suarez, elite fighters. Jackson is 9-2 as a pro, 11-3 if you count her TUF fights.

Laying juice on a 500 fighter is a losing proposition but the public will bet Valerie because they are clueless about Jackson. This line is off, Jackson should be favoured. I cashed both Calderwood and Perreira as dogs vs Valerie, now I'm gonna do it 3 times $$$

Valerie is on my fade list, 3 fight losing streak, her best years are behind her and she's looked like trash in her last two fights, I think weight cutting has ruined her body and I think she's taken a lot of damage.

Here is the article of Valerie talking about weight cutting, it's all bad.
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Va...ngth-After-Grueling-Cuts-to-115-Pounds-130211

I'm getting the younger, hometown and more well rounded fighter. Three things I like and then give me +money, easy decision to fade Valerie again.

Selling it like a boss. And now you're subjecting me to watching tape on these two. Better be worth it! This is a three round fight yes not some bogus Bellator title fight? I do remember Jackson's TUF fight i think and she totally bossed the girl. Val always been with ATT?

Back