If you could play guitar like any musician who would it be?

Headkicktoleg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm going with Jimmy Page.
2nd place will be maybe Carlos Santana

Both dudes are just amazing.

Satriani fair and square.
Amazing technique + ability to not overdo it and sound like a technique wanker(hello Vai) + amazing creativity, he writes beautiful, melodic tunes.

David Gilmour. The guy really knows how to bend a note.

I set my sights on L. Shankar for my tone, I've had people compliment me on my sound, comparing it to an electric violin, mostly because of my vibrato technique.

As a player I've emulated saxophonist John Coltrane for expansiveness of ideas, but my ideal guitar playing would end up somewhere between Robert Fripp and Frank Zappa.

Satriani fair and square.
Amazing technique + ability to not overdo it and sound like a technique wanker(hello Vai) + amazing creativity, he writes beautiful, melodic tunes.

Well, since you picked Satch already, I'll go with Nuno Bettencourt:

Old Yngwie. Then you can pretty much play anything you want. Not very good songwriting-wise, but you cannot have it all.

Last edited:
page, hammett, hendrix, clapton.

and this fucking guy:

Buckethead or EVH.

Throw in some Diamond Darrel for the pinch harmonic squeals.

<Fedor23>

would you prefer if i had named malmsteen, vai, or another virtuoso instead? or dimebag in place of hammett?
you could name a lead guitarist from virtually any decent metal band, and it would be an improvement on hammet.

Randy Rhodes because that dude played amazing classical on the electric.

Also, Albert Hammond from the Strokes has a really unique sound from his Strat. I've always loved his style.

you could name a lead guitarist from virtually any decent metal band, and it would be an improvement on hammet.

alright, alright. thought about it some more. i've been fans of the mark and willie from lamb of god for a long time. scratch hammett.

if i could play the solo by ron jarzombek at 5:20, i'd die a happy man lol:

Can't argue with any of the guitarists mentioned above.

I'll go with Steve Vai, just because he always seems to come up with something I'm not expecting.

Ritchie Blackmore. He may not be as fast as most of the guys mentioned in here, but he was a perfect combination of everything. Same goes for Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Back