If you could play guitar like any musician who would it be?

Eric Clapton before the switch over to a stratocaster, Derek Trucks / Duane Allman <---- for using a slide, or Tommy Bolin.

I don't know. Maybe someone like Leo Kottke on acoustic. Mickey Melchiondo aka Dean Ween on electric.

It would be awesome to be able to play live and in the moment like Trey Anastasio or Warren Haynes.

Stevie Ray Vaughan

edit; imma have to think more on this.

The first person who popped into my head is Johnny Marr. Love the stuff he comes up with.

Tom Quayle

When I was a teenager, I probably would have said someone like EVH, Marty Friedman or Kirk Hammett.

EVH because he comes from a completely different direction.

He's got this boogie vibe that comes naturally that sounds forced when anybody else does it.

Steve Stevens also comes from left field and also can cop any style convincingly.

Randy Rhodes because that dude played amazing classical on the electric.

Also, Albert Hammond from the Strokes has a really unique sound from his Strat. I've always loved his style.
I love the strokes! saw them live in 2004 with the kings of leon opening for them! it was awesome

love him! just in case you didnt know, a big part of his sound is the nashville tuning.
I don't play guitar, so i actually did not know that, thanks. Listening to The Smiths it's so easy to get caught up in Morrissey's singing and lyrics that Marr's playing almost gets overlooked a bit. He's such a great song writer. I've heard other musicians praise him for his playing and creativity. So many memorable songs. I kind of surprised myself with this pick as i usually would have gone with one of the metal gods previously mentioned.

I'm pretty happy with myself

Not saying I'm as good as these legends, just that I've sent years devoting myself to being good. Especially right now.

Couple years ago when I was super rusty i would have answered differently

I also don't even know who my favorite guitarist is anymore. These days heavy guitar playing isn't that popular and most of the old guys would be limited in different styles and shit.

It would be cool to play like Steve Vai.. But would suck to play his music every night.

Some of those old school Jazz guys would be cool cause I don't even fuck with it

Last edited:
Back