Locked STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI v.3 (Dragonlord's Initial Review)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's lazy. I know why, too: it was a corporate decision because of how much flak the prequels got. They went the safe route.

I can't imagine what they could do to make IX interesting. Are we supposed to care if the Rebels win again? I can watch the originals to see Rebels vs Empire.

I want the first order to win.

Shut the fuck up with this shit. You alt-right nerds are the other side of the same coin. Any adult who goes into a movie searching for SJW shit is a tool. Oh my god they gots blacks and azn! Fucking SJW! Die Disney! How dare you have some characters that aren't white in 2017

Way to prove his point. Name 1 male leader in the resistance. Oh thats right, there isnt one. Oh well other than one who gets killed, and one who gets demoted after a major f**k up. Did you see any females in the first order? I sure didnt. (Saying Phasma is laughable as there is literally nothing to suggest her gender other than knowing the person playing the role)

Leia was awesome in the original trilogy, and (humorously) the most accurate person with a blaster in the OT. Mon Mothma was the main leader, which was also fine. This movie just decided to shoehorn females and minorities into every f*cking role to appeal to tumbler sjws who wont even watch it.

Звездные-Войны-фэндомы-Йода-SW-Персонажи-4208026.jpeg
i loved that yoda was like u not going to do i will

Well, it's mostly the hardcore fans who rushed to see it on the first day, people that would cream over anything Star Wars related. Now that more casual viewers are weighting-in, the ratings are losing that initial bias.

Casuals loved TFA...a film which was a crime against SW fandom

Yeah, it's lazy. I know why, too: it was a corporate decision because of how much flak the prequels got. They went the safe route.

I can't imagine what they could do to make IX interesting. Are we supposed to care if the Rebels win again? I can watch the originals to see Rebels vs Empire.

Yeah is Abrams back for Episode IX. He better be pulling out all the stops to try to distinguish the next one and make it interesting because unless it's a damn good movie, there will be significant audience erosion. And I'm not saying that just based on the idea that many people disliked this one. Many people assuredly really enjoyed it too. Many of the detractors would likely still be back for another entry.

But without the heavy hitters of the OT involves, you are going to have to have Rey, Finn, Poe and Ren shoulder the complete burden and I think a number of the people who were so amped over the notion of seeing Ford, Hamill and Fisher back will have just dropped off.

Also, I think the movie will have its work cut out for it making the Rebels winning credible. The entire Resistance can now fit on the Millennium Falcon...

ffs unless you have Rey challenge Ren to a fight to the death, winner takes the universe, I don't see how you can make this even seem to make sense.

Must have a lot of allies on the outer rim...

WOW...coming from a SW nerd this was the first film I liked since ROTJ. It doesn't touch the OT, but it made me care about all those lameduck TFA characters! Almost everything worked for me, the humor especially, yes it was a little goofball at times but thank the maker for some much needed energy instead of sobre fan service cliches. Give Ryan Johnson the keys to the SW universe.
they already did he has the green light to do a new trilogy not connected to anything
https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/9/16630902/star-wars-new-trilogy-rian-johnson-disney-lucasfilm

Way to prove his point. Name 1 male leader in the resistance. Oh thats right, there isnt one. Oh well other than one who gets killed, and one who gets demoted after a major f**k up. Did you see any females in the first order? I sure didnt. (Saying Phasma is laughable as there is literally nothing to suggest her gender other than knowing the person playing the role)

Leia was awesome in the original trilogy, and (humorously) the most accurate person with a blaster in the OT. Mon Mothma was the main leader, which was also fine. This movie just decided to shoehorn females and minorities into every f*cking role to appeal to tumbler sjws who wont even watch it.
Aren't you people ever tired of politics? Why do you watch every movie with this mindset. You see the world the way you want to see it. The truth is that we live in a melting pot and I'm totally fine with having minority characters. Maybe you should get out of your redneck town and move to a bigger city

Shut the fuck up with this shit. You alt-right nerds are the other side of the same coin. Any adult who goes into a movie searching for SJW shit is a tool. Oh my god they gots blacks and azn! Fucking SJW! Die Disney! How dare you have some characters that aren't white in 2017

I have to agree with you here. These people never complained since movies were fucking made that what they see in the mirror was every freaking movie.

Now after 100 years they're livid. You had a good run so shush up

Yeah is Abrams back for Episode IX. He better be pulling out all the stops to try to distinguish the next one and make it interesting because unless it's a damn good movie, there will be significant audience erosion. And I'm not saying that just based on the idea that many people disliked this one. Many people assuredly really enjoyed it too. Many of the detractors would likely still be back for another entry.

But without the heavy hitters of the OT involves, you are going to have to have Rey, Finn, Poe and Ren shoulder the complete burden and I think a number of the people who were so amped over the notion of seeing Ford, Hamill and Fisher back will have just dropped off.

Also, I think the movie will have its work cut out for it making the Rebels winning credible. The entire Resistance can now fit on the Millennium Falcon...

ffs unless you have Rey challenge Ren to a fight to the death, winner takes the universe, I don't see how you can make this even seem to make sense.

Must have a lot of allies on the outer rim...
I said it earlier but episode 9 should take place at least 8-10 years after episode 8, just to believably fix what episode 8 fucked up.

Both sides need significant time to recover.

Hopefully it would give time for Kylo Ren to become more legit too.
It should open with the knights of Ren wrecking resistance shit with force powers and light sabers and stuff meanwhile Kylo is the big bad boss.

I said it earlier but episode 9 should take place at least 8-10 years after episode 8, just to believably fix what episode 8 fucked up.

Both sides need significant time to recover.

Hopefully it would give time for Kylo Ren to become more legit too.
It should open with the knights of Ren wrecking resistance shit with force powers and light sabers and stuff meanwhile Kylo is the big bad boss.

I like it!

Let me ask you this though- why have the Knights of Ren not even come into play yet? Are they just being saved for the third movie since most other interest aspects have already been exhausted.

Ok, but what did we get instead? You can't just nuke all your storylines and not replace them with anything.

The first order and Ren are a joke. Hux is literally a joke.

I mean what exactly do they have left for episode 9? Rey and Poe just continuing to be invincible and destroy the first order?

Invincible? If you missed it at the end they were on the run from the First Order, which still has a hell of a lot of troops and firepower.

Did you see how when phasma dies her helmet cracks just enough so that you can see she is white? LOL

its turned into SJW Wars, purple haired females and all.

Invincible? If you missed it at the end they were on the run from the First Order, which still has a hell of a lot of troops and firepower.

The first order has to wait for a damn ship to run out of gas before it can destroy it. That's pathetic.

The first order are a bunch of cans.

This movie was pretty great. Who gives a mad shit what is going to happen to our characters in episode whateverthefuck is next. Our time with star wars invluding anyone who was a fan of han and luke our time is over. It is time to let our kids enjoy a galaxy far far away. Trust me i get it i almost cried in the theaters but do we really want to see cgi luke flipping and shit like yoda prequels?

Women are generally not the ones leading a war party. They are physically weaker, and men usually lead that kind of charge. Women CAN do it, and Leia did in the original series; no biggie. But white men are, without question, being intentionally taken out of the scene by huge media orgs like Disney. Maybe for the better, maybe not, but don't be surprised if people notice.

Next movie..Darth Caedus magically appears from the EU universe . He force chokes Rey and force lightenings Ren both into living death.

He leaves back to the pages of the EU and hopes the Obi Wan stand alone film will be badass.

I like it!

Let me ask you this though- why have the Knights of Ren not even come into play yet? Are they just being saved for the third movie since most other interest aspects have already been exhausted.

Knights of Ren show up, they aren’t cans, start wrecking shit.

Some real bad old Sith Lord is driving them(Ren maybe the real one) reaven etc.

Yoda Force ghost conference calls with Luke , Rey , Obi etc and says “damn you fools I keep telling you there is another”
Go find Galen marek to sort this shit out.

That’s about what it would take to make it interesting again.

There is Litterely nothing interesting about Rey and Kylo two untrained amatures with nothing else to make it interesting.

There’s no bad ass hero to save the day or a bad ass bad guy to make Rey need to find a way to become stronger.

Luke barely showed her anything besides how to get green milk and deforest an island.

There is no yoda for her to seek out to train her to take on snoke and there isn’t a snoke left. Kylo has already been bested by her twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back