If you could play guitar like any musician who would it be?

Tal Farlow and his crazy octopus hands

or to play polyrhythms like Martin Taylor

I'd have to go with the one true Guitar God:

47629_0_wide_ver0.jpg

Lil Wayne

hmm

Probably someone like Chet Atkins or Roy Buchanan. Guys who could just plug a guitar into and amp and sound amazing. A lot of choices here wouldn't catch anyone's attention if you turned the gain down on their amp.

These three individuals are the biggest influences on my guitar playing and style. So either of them I would love to play like.

Well, since you picked Satch already, I'll go with Nuno Bettencourt:

I respect you as a poster m8 but nuno?No SRV,Eric Johnson,Yngwie,EVH,Dime,Becker,Alex Skolnik,Petrucci etc. before him?

Last edited:
I really like cool ambient and dreamlike soundscapes done with guitar, but I can't pinpoint any one artist there.
I would love to be able to play like Carl Perkins or The Reverend Horton Heat/Jim Heath.

I respect you as a poster m8 but nuno?No SRV,Eric Johnson,Yngwie,EVH,Dime,Becker,Alex Skolnik,Petrucci etc. before him?
Nuno is way underrated. Probably the most badass sounding of all the guys you listed. A great combination of technique, feel, rock n roll flair and charisma.

Nuno is way underrated. Probably the most badass sounding of all the guys you listed. A great combination of technique, feel, rock n roll flair and charisma.
I’ve seen all of them live and simply no.You want flair and charisma watch any SRV live performance,never mind his tone,technique,feel,stage presence.
Do you even know who Alex Skolnik is?Nuno more badass than even him is blasphemy.

I’ve seen all of them live and simply no.You want flair and charisma watch any SRV live performance,never mind his tone,technique,feel,stage presence.
Do you even know who Alex Skolnik is?Nuno more badass than even him is blasphemy.
Nuno is still more badass though. SRV is probably the electric guitar GOAT. Skolnick is fast, technical and awesome, but Nuno's sound is still more badass - kind of a combination of EVH and Hendrix. That's a badass sound to me and he more than fits in with the others you mentioned.

Isaac Brock, Kevin Shields, or Neil Halstead.

Probably Brent Hinds, I'm not even a Mastodon fan but I just like how weird and unique his lead style is.

Back