Deontay Wilder-Luis Ortiz Confirmed March 3 at Barclays Center

Who wins

• Total voters
I thought Wilder was ducking Ortiz

Joshua and Hearn have probably offered Joseph Parker around 30%. For Wilder, I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't willing to offer at least 35% and that's without Wilder currently generating significant revenue. For example, Showtime paid $1.6m for the Joshua - Takam fight, while Wilder made $1.4m in total for the Stiverne fight. Literally, the only way for Wilder to generate more revenue is to try and convince Showtime to pay more (doubtful), sell more tickets (unlikely with Kovalev fighting on the same day, in the same city), or put the fight on PPV.

As long as the PPV generates more than $2m then any offer from Joshua/Hearn isn't going to drop from what they are already willing to offer. Anything more will get him closer to his goal of 50 - 50.

So you admit Wilder can't get more money from SHO, so what are you saying? I get it, "PPV will be the new revenue". Except it won't. They're not going to put MONEY in promotion, when they're not going to make that money back. PPVs aren't free, then the cable companies take almost half. Then the rest gets divided between everyone else.

If you think its a good idea, you don't think literally every fighter would want to hold a PPV? ("What's the harm afterall") Wilder isn't a big name. The PPV would flop. Most promotions get their money from the gate, then pay the fighter. Their only option is a bigger gate (which in my opinion, could be done by optimizing locations, such as Miami for this fight rather than NY).

Fans aren't going to pay for a Wilder PPV. Go do a survey and see how many say they'll pay $60 to see Wilder fight Ortiz.

I thought Wilder was ducking Ortiz
For sure. Wilder is probably coming up with ways to make Ortiz piss hot yet again right now.

I hope Wilder clubs him like a baby seal.

So you admit Wilder can't get more money from SHO, so what are you saying? I get it, "PPV will be the new revenue". Except it won't. They're not going to put MONEY in promotion, when they're not going to make that money back. PPVs aren't free, then the cable companies take almost half. Then the rest gets divided between everyone else.

If you think its a good idea, you don't think literally every fighter would want to hold a PPV? ("What's the harm afterall") Wilder isn't a big name. The PPV would flop. Most promotions get their money from the gate, then pay the fighter. Their only option is a bigger gate (which in my opinion, could be done by optimizing locations, such as Miami for this fight rather than NY).

Fans aren't going to pay for a Wilder PPV. Go do a survey and see how many say they'll pay $60 to see Wilder fight Ortiz.

If fans aren't going to pay for a Wilder PPV against Ortiz, what are the chances that they will pay for Joshua - Wilder in the afternoon. Literally, the only justification that anyone has for Wilder deserving more than Parker is the opportunity for US PPV. Surely Wilder is more well known than Joshua in the USA.

If fans aren't going to pay for a Wilder PPV against Ortiz, what are the chances that they will pay for Joshua - Wilder in the afternoon. Literally, the only justification that anyone has for Wilder deserving more than Parker is the opportunity for US PPV. Surely Wilder is more well known than Joshua in the USA.

Total non-sequitor. First of all, if Joshua-Wilder does happen at NOON time then it's not going to be on PPV, its going to be on SHO....like how Joshua-Klitchko was, with a rebroadcast on primetime.

Since we've already established an afternoon fight isn't going to be on PPV, your argument is a worse off primetime fight should be on PPV? That even fewer people would buy. What kind of backwards argument is that?

Wilder will only be on PPV when he becomes a big NAME. Which could happen literally anytime (if he goes viral) but it isn't NOW. So that's why Wilder-Ortiz can't and won't be on PPV. What they can do is promote this fight and his latter fights to MAKE him that big name that might be PPV-worthy in the future. But it certainly isn't now because he isn't one.

Your business plans are pure basura.

Wilder needs someone to invest in him to become a big star. He's not going to get there without it. If Showtime, DiBella and Al Haymon aren't willing to spend money promoting him, then he should talk to Golden Boy or Top Rank and see if they will.

He has got everything that American's love in a boxer. Undefeated, lots of KO's, stays in shape. He has even got an inspiring story. He should be easy to promote.

I say this as someone who doesn't even like Wilder and can't wait to see Joshua knock him out.

Wilder needs someone to invest in him to become a big star. He's not going to get there without it. If Showtime, DiBella and Al Haymon aren't willing to spend money promoting him, then he should talk to Golden Boy or Top Rank and see if they will.

He has got everything that American's love in a boxer. Undefeated, lots of KO's, stays in shape. He has even got an inspiring story. He should be easy to promote.

I say this as someone who doesn't even like Wilder and can't wait to see Joshua knock him out.

Wilder needs to beat a live opponent imo. I appreciate that hes been unlucky with povetkin and Ortiz but he shouldn't be given any credit for guys that hes never fought./ it smacks of desperation. He has 40 names on his resume that literally no one knows. If he beats Ortiz he will get far more respect from Boxing fans. If he beats Joshua he'll have the respect of more casual fans as well.

I hope this fight happens, seems like the planets have to be aligned just for this fight to take place.

Ortiz KOs this chump.

Easy Work.

I’ll stick my house on Ortiz.

Ortiz KOs this chump.

Easy Work.

I’ll stick my house on Ortiz.
Ortiz cant even beat a drug test.

Ill toss some $ with you if youd like.

Ortiz cant even beat a drug test.

tumblr_n74jwqhoXG1qg3jxao1_400.gif

Kova did not have trouble selling out the theater.
I had comped tickets to the Kovalev fight at the theater but didnt end up going. They were giving it out too late right before the co-main, or third to last fight.

Showtime/Barclays does a much better job of comping tickets, and they already have deals with local bars and boxing gyms to hook you up with the tickets.

I had comped tickets to the Kovalev fight at the theater but didnt end up going. They were giving it out too late right before the co-main, or third to last fight.

Showtime/Barclays does a much better job of comping tickets, and they already have deals with local bars and boxing gyms to hook you up with the tickets.

That's normal business for most events. If they didn't make money last time or the other previous times, they wouldn't go back. Msg theater and arena is extremely expensive to do Live television events from.

I can't think of any possible way that this fight doesn't end up being awesome.

No matter who wins it will be violent and brutal and so full of pure hate and venom. Two giants who can probably both win with one single punch both facing the best guy they have ever fought by a mile. I don't think it will be as epic as Joshua/Klit was but probably the second best thing.

Haha that would mean the fight didn't happen though!

If they manage to both get in the ring with no injuries/cheating I'll be happy. Though I would not be the least bit surprised to see Ortiz get popped post-fight for juicing again.

How fucked would that be if Ortiz actually won and it turned into a no-contest? He would claim he was the true champ. Josuha wouldn't know who to fight. Deontay would forever lose his shit.

Even doing that the attendance was still less than 11k for the Stiverne fight.

I read one report of a British website which was talking about entire sections of seating being closed and contrasting it with the 75k who showed up for Joshua vs Takam the week before.

I assume Joshua vs Parker will happen close to Wilder vs Ortiz and the difference in attendance will be similar again with another 75k showing up to see Joshua fight in Cardiff again.

Haha that would mean the fight didn't happen though!

If they manage to both get in the ring with no injuries/cheating I'll be happy. Though I would not be the least bit surprised to see Ortiz get popped post-fight for juicing again.

How fucked would that be if Ortiz actually won and it turned into a no-contest? He would claim he was the true champ. Josuha wouldn't know who to fight. Deontay would forever lose his shit.
Im going to be ultra rustled if this fight falls through again.

Back