PWD 2017: Wrestler of the Year

2017 Wrestler of the Year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In all seriousness, Jinder Mahal probably deserves to at least be on the poll list.....had a decent title run in '17.

Going to be really hard to choose betwene AJ/Omega/Okada, for me.

AJ Styles with Okada/Omega coming in hot behind. To be in the largest company in the world with the biggest exposure definitely plays a huge factor not to mention we know for a fact AJ can make an impact in any wrestling federation/company with any style. What a year AJ's had

AJ Styles with Okada coming in Omega’s behind. To be in the largest company in the world with the biggest exposure definitely plays a huge factor not to mention we know for a fact AJ can make an impact in any wrestling federation/company with any style. What a year AJ's had
Ftfy

You sons of bitches have no shame.

There's your wrestler of the year.

I think AJ is amazing and he probably should have been the wrestler of the year, but he spent half the year doing a whole lot of not much. He dropped the belt to Cena at the Rumble because Cena and then got pinned by Bray at EC and then got knocked out of the title picture. He was wasted on Shane at WM. He had a short series with KO that was lackluster for reasons I still can't understand. It looked like they were going to use him to try to re-elevate the US title, but they kept hemming and hawing on that and never really pulled the trigger. Then he finally got the belt back, which was awesome, and got one very good and one passable match out of Jinder, along with a great match by Brock. So, he started strong and ended great, but he was kind of lost throughout most of the year due to booking. Just speaking in-ring, yeah, it's him. But as far as being the professional wrestler of the year?

strowman_stretcher_toss.gif

BarrenSlimAnemoneshrimp-max-1mb.gif

3de6eda8da5bfaabdc4b83f5f49d6de5a390804f_hq.gif

tumblr_ov0m4c2G8D1saykaxo1_400.gif

tumblr_oucjnkCBaY1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

strowman%20big%20show%20ring%20explosion%20main.gif

braun-strowman-rises-from-the-garbage.gif

I think AJ is amazing and he probably should have been the wrestler of the year, but he spent half the year doing a whole lot of not much. He dropped the belt to Cena at the Rumble because Cena and then got pinned by Bray at EC and then got knocked out of the title picture. He was wasted on Shane at WM. He had a short series with KO that was lackluster for reasons I still can't understand. It looked like they were going to use him to try to re-elevate the US title, but they kept hemming and hawing on that and never really pulled the trigger. Then he finally got the belt back, which was awesome, and got one very good and one passable match out of Jinder, along with a great match by Brock. So, he started strong and ended great, but he was kind of lost throughout most of the year due to booking. Just speaking in-ring, yeah, it's him. But as far as being the professional wrestler of the year?

strowman_stretcher_toss.gif

BarrenSlimAnemoneshrimp-max-1mb.gif

3de6eda8da5bfaabdc4b83f5f49d6de5a390804f_hq.gif

tumblr_ov0m4c2G8D1saykaxo1_400.gif

tumblr_oucjnkCBaY1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

strowman%20big%20show%20ring%20explosion%20main.gif

braun-strowman-rises-from-the-garbage.gif

I agree, AJ is top 3 best in ring wrestlers but he didn't much outside of that. I voted Omega because he has been killing it the whole year, but Braun was my second choice.

This is definitely not correct.

Champion the entire year. Lost 2-3 matches tops. Had 3 MOTY candidates with Omega, as well as other MOTY candidates with Suzuki and Shibata. Great showing in the G-1 too.

Who else was better?

Champion the entire year. Lost 2-3 matches tops. Had 3 MOTY candidates with Omega, as well as other MOTY candidates with Suzuki and Shibata. Great showing in the G-1 too.

Who else was better?

Everyone who wrestled in America?

Back