Floyd Mayweather & Sugar Ray Leonard go at it on Instagram

Hearns murders Mayweather with a hard jab and murderous right straight

Leonard murders Floyd with constant combos, which he would land, especially to the body.

<TrumpWrong1> . Prime Mayweather shrugs off Leonard to a dec. But I got Hearns over Mayweather as well.

Floyd would have nothing to keep Leonard from throwing quick combos. I would have Leonard by a ud.

He would just do what he always does, block or roll of the combo and counter with a hard straight right. C'mon bro you think Floyd has never seen combos??

<Fedor23> .

He would just do what he always does, block or roll of the combo and counter with a hard straight right. C'mon bro you think Floyd has never seen combos??

<Fedor23> .

I think it's safe to say SRL is superior to every fighter Mayweather faced.

I think it's safe to say SRL is superior to every fighter Mayweather faced.

He would have the size advantage for sure, but prime Floyd was even faster than SRL. Floyd would be shrugging off his combos and catching him with hard straight counters. SRL bails on his game plan in the later rounds and ends up chasing and trying to "catch" Floyd in the later rounds. Floyd wins Hearns would just be too big and long IMO.

l@nd0 .

Why the fuck would he just comment that out of nowhere?? I like Floyd as a boxer, but for someone who's made a wealthy living through boxing, the least he could do is not disrespect legends who paved the way for him and his fellow boxers.

just goes to say what we already knew

floyd mayweather was a great boxer
but a classless idiot as a person

Pac and Marquez probably have deeper resumes.

Well, to be fair, Leonard was an actual WW, not a FW fighting at WW. I would put his resume above Pacquiao and even Marquez.

Pacquiao faced a murderer's row at FW, then he went up to LW to fight David Diaz, and thus became a really spotty resume after that. Great wins against Hatton and Cotto, but losses to Horn, Bradley (yes, I know it was BS) the ko loss to Marquez, and the terrible performance in the Mayweather fight, and bullshit fights like Clottey, Margarito and Rios.

Now Marquez? One could put his against just about anybody. But I would say no, because I'm still bitter of that bullshit decision in the Barrera fight, and that the stars never aligned for a fight against Erik Morales.

Floyd talks like his very worst fans. The man has deep issues. A sad thing to behold.

Floyd is an all time great boxer and a success story one can't help but admire yet is also a deeply flawed and insecure person.

Floyd's an old man now. I'd rather have him talking shit to fellow old legends on ig for fun than trying to get his old ass back in the ring and fight a live body.

We have to accept that no matter how much you don't like the guy, Floyd has the right to poke a little fun at his peers now. Yes peers, atg ww's, maybe you rate him lower, maybe you think either Hearns or SRL beats him but not the other, but this just seems like he's playing. I don't think it's a big deal, seemed like Floyd was just stirring shit during the downtime buffet at the strip joint. I hear strip joints have great buffets, btw. Have to try it out one of these days.

You know he's gotta be bored now since all he's been doing for the better part of the last 40 years is going to the gym and training all day or night. Seems to be all in good fun. Ray didn't seem too bothered by it, either. Tommy might've had the gloves on getting ready to hit the bag and spar again, tho, lol.

Some ppl looking too far into this, imo. Testament to Floy's greatness? I think so.

Well, he certainly does have the right to poke fun at people on the internet. We all do. As we do have the right to flame those who don't look very good doing so.

i've learned to never watch any footage of him when he doesn't have the gloves on, it makes for a much more enjoyable mayweather experience.

That is a pretty good advise. For some reason I like hearing from mayweather sr and roger though. Even if its hard to understand them sometimes.

There is literally no fathomable way Mayweather would beat SRL. It is a thing suggested merely by the new era of boxing fans who's main source of information is boxrec rather than watching full fights themselves.

He's better at pointscoring in the centre of the ring, better using his feet, will use his height and reach advantage well, bangs to the body, can actually FIGHT and take the 'boxing' away from the match where it suits him, brilliant at forcing you to the ropes (something that Mayweather is very susceptible to becoming victim of), better jab, better combination puncher, much bigger punch variety, better 'runner', brilliant power, also a high ring IQ, an excellent finisher in latter stages.

One fighter has wins over the best boxers of all time across the range of different styles i.e Duran, Hearns, Hagler (whilst they were both notably past prime), Benitez.
The other fighter has wins over Castillo (rematch), Corrales, Canelo, old and finished Pacman at 147. There are many levels that separate these fighters.

floyd commented on another instagram post

"@sugarrayleonard You lost your firs fight to a lightweight, wich was Roberto Duran... TBE has never lost!"

"@sugarrayleoard Rather a fighter was young or old, in his orime or past his prime.... I beeat them!!! #NoExcusess"

Last edited:
This is off topic but apparently Floyd Mayweather is coming to Seoul for an event with lil Wayne. Probably no way in hell I can get a chance to meet him though and I'm not sure I really care to meet him

Back