Crossbows for a beginner

There are plenty of decent crossbows out there, but some will set you back a ton of money. But you can get a good one for $300-$500. They all tell you you need to use a cocking rope, yet many don't even supply one. As mentioned, some of them are easy to pull back by hand, some are impossible. A lot of the tougher ones have cranks built right in.
Personally, I don't care for them, but only because I've been shooting a compound for 30 years. If you don't have a lot time you can dedicate to practicing, the crossbow is the way to go.

Last edited:
StormRDX_Premium_AD_950x650_with_Award_Logo.png

These are available for only $1,249 and have a cranking system to draw it. The guy I saw that had one had just gotten it a few days before and it took him a couple of minutes to draw, load an arrow and shoot it. The design means they're narrower and easier to get through the woods and use in a blind.

You can probably go to a sporting goods shop and find cheaper used crossbows or other bows as hunters trade them in on newer models. In Wisconsin they were originally only allowed to be used by hunters who couldn't physically draw a bow but the law was changed in 2013. Some complained about it not being sporting at first but most hunters now use them during archery season.

StormRDX_Premium_AD_950x650_with_Award_Logo.png

These are available for only $1,249 and have a cranking system to draw it. The guy I saw that had one had just gotten it a few days before and it took him a couple of minutes to draw, load an arrow and shoot it. The design means they're narrower and easier to get through the woods and use in a blind.

You can probably go to a sporting goods shop and find cheaper used crossbows or other bows as hunters trade them in on newer models. In Wisconsin they were originally only allowed to be used by hunters who couldn't physically draw a bow but the law was changed in 2013. Some complained about it not being sporting at first but most hunters now use them during archery season.

Where i live their are no places close to me that sell bows or arrows.

Ok i think i'm going to get a crossbow that has a crank, because its easier to use, but i'll also get a compound bow too, just to have some fun with that in my backyard. And when i get my hunting license i'll go hunting with either the crossbow or the bow, choose, probably choose one of them for each season. And then when i move out of my parents house i'll get a guns license and then buy some guns.

Ok well i can't get a crossbows in new jersey are illegal. So i guess i'm getting a compound bow.

Ok i think i'm going to get a crossbow that has a crank, because its easier to use, but i'll also get a compound bow too, just to have some fun with that in my backyard. And when i get my hunting license i'll go hunting with either the crossbow or the bow, choose, probably choose one of them for each season. And then when i move out of my parents house i'll get a guns license and then buy some guns.
Have a look at the Benjamin pioneer airgun, something abit different

Ok well i can't get a crossbows in new jersey are illegal. So i guess i'm getting a compound bow.

Jersey! You dont need no bow in Jersey, just mesmerize them with a bitchin tan and take'em down with a menacing stare!

guido2.jpg

Min 150lb draw main recurve for primary.

Simple pistol crossbow for sidearm

The NHB xp will do you favors to no end

Back