Why is Sherdog so SLOW lately? (Avatars, post box, etc not loading)

Oliver Clothesoff

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Never seen the site so slow before. Avatars aren't loading, takes the pages forever to load. Really bad.... Is it time to upgrade the severs or are there other issues outside of your control?

Last edited:
Right now, it seems like only a few people in selected regions are experiencing this issue. We're currently looking to find what the root cause of the problem is.

I'm experiencing this problem as well, so I understand your frustration. The California Bay Area seems to be one of the affected areas so far.

I've been here for a while and yeah, this is pretty bad.

Right now, it seems like only a few people in selected regions are experiencing this issue. We're currently looking to find what the root cause of the problem is.

I'm experiencing this problem as well, so I understand your frustration. The California Bay Area seems to be one of the affected areas so far.

Ah. Good to know you're aware of the problem. I'm a Platinum member so it's definitely not the Ads as some have suggested. It's just very, very, slow. Possibly might be one of the server backbones in our area getting overloaded with all the holiday traffic. Anyway, thanks for the quick response. Hopefully gets sorted out soon.

The site was super-slow to load for me the past few days and I assumed it was just me. Glad to hear it's not.

Ah. Good to know you're aware of the problem. I'm a Platinum member so it's definitely not the Ads as some have suggested. It's just very, very, slow. Possibly might be one of the server backbones in our area getting overloaded with all the holiday traffic. Anyway, thanks for the quick response. Hopefully gets sorted out soon.
I know on Tuesday we had a minor quake, so I'm starting to wonder if that played a role. This definitely seems to be the most impacted region.

Anyone else having this problem? Most of the time, the reply box is blacked out. Cannot reply whatsoever. I couldn't make a thread until just now. It keeps blacking in and out.

Never seen the sight so slow before. Avatars aren't loading, takes the pages forever to load. Really bad.... Is it time to upgrade the severs or are there other issues outside of your control?

Anyone else having this problem? Most of the time, the reply box is blacked out. Cannot reply whatsoever. I couldn't make a thread until just now. It keeps blacking in and out.
Swaths of users likely in similar regions are still experiencing interference while using the site. As details emerge, it looks more a temporary interruption and degradation to ISP services. We apologise for the inconvenience but please know we are aware of the situation.

–Hang tight, everyone

Are peeps having issues elsewhere too or is it just here?

Back