NCAA Wrestling

I don't know about now, but years ago the Midlands was a tougher tournament than the NCAA, because it is an open and you had guys who were no longer in college still wrestling in it. Joe Williams won the Midlands several times after he had graduated from college.
Yeah Ive heard the point made a few times when people are debating where Gable's college career ranks among other greats that although he "only" won 2 NCAA titles, he was (obviously) a 3x finalist and in his freshman year he apparently dominated his way to a midlands title. I believe he pinned that years NCAA champ in the midlands finals as a freshman. What a beast!

Does Flo archive matches?

Just got the subscription and trying to find Lee's matches from today and any other good matches they may have shown

Does Flo archive matches?

Just got the subscription and trying to find Lee's matches from today and any other good matches they may have shown

Its up now. They used to organize matches by weight class which was awesome. For some reason the new UI doesnt have sorting features. I hope they deal with that.

Complete destruction. He may not have broken a sweat while teching a returning AA in like 4 minutes.

In 83 seconds, he was up 12-0. Russell has never been teched before even as a redshirt. Gilman beat him 10-2 last year for reference. Lee is that good.

I'm actually depressed Lee lost.....

This shouldn't have this kind of effect on me

I feel the same way. I was waiting and waiting for the semis to start but needed to go to the store before the Penn State game so I ran out and let out an very audible "what the fuck!" in the check out line when the clock hit 0.

I'm not a rules expert by any means, but isn't that two at the end of regulation??

I feel for Lee, he seems to take his losses pretty hard.

On a related note, 125 is always my favorite weight and it looks like for the next 4 years+ not a damn thing will change.

Despite being a fatass, I like the little guys as well. But 165 this year is tops and 184 was for me last season.

BTW, it looks like Yianni lost to Eiermann.

Back