NWO Era vs. Attitude Era vs. Prime ECW

Malenko, Rey, Jericho, Guerro, Benoit. Wherever they are, that’s what I’m going back to watch.

The early parts of the Attitude Era were the best. Pillman involved with the Hart Dynasty and his "Loose Cannon" persona. Austin vs Hart rivalry. The Nation of Domination and the organic development of The Rock's persona. DX as just HHH and HBK. The Kane/Taker feud and first Mania match. Mankind being a whack job. This was WWF at its best IMO.

WCW was at its best building up the Hogan/Sting feud up until the stupid finish. If Sting had gone over clean that would have been hard to debate against as the GOAT feud in pro wrestling history. instead they put their WWE fuckery spin on it.

ECW was at its best before it got raided, obviously. When they had the stacked under card guys doing amazing technical matches and the Ravens and RVDs filling out the rest of the card it was a really special company.

overall entertainment value for me I'm going WWF

NWO is for life. Also, according to konan the wolf pack is forever and there was a point as a 15 year old I was down, so by decree of the guy who feuded with disco inferno, I have to vote Wolfpack even though it's not a choice. Max moon 4 life

Unfortunately didnt know about ECW at the time but for me as a kid I only cared about dumb Jerry Spinger-esque trash TV elements in Pro Wrestling and didnt care one bit about 'great technical matches' so things like HHH having sex with dead bodies, the Dudley Boyz powerbombing old women on tables, Sable taking her shirt off, (and any sexual innuendo in general) and anything else WWF was either awesome, funny, or hot is what I liked. I also watched WCW but preferred the Attitude Era. For the most part im still immature and mentally stuck in 1999 so id imagine id still laugh at all the stuff if I were to watch it again.

WCW constantly fucked up its main event scene, but it's midcard was the best of the three IMO

Jericho, Ravens Flock, Benoit, Eddie G, Malenko, DDP, Booker T

NWO is for life. Also, according to konan the wolf pack is forever and there was a point as a 15 year old I was down, so by decree of the guy who feuded with disco inferno, I have to vote Wolfpack even though it's not a choice. Max moon 4 life
Well they are biggest icon in wrestling.

WCW constantly fucked up its main event scene, but it's midcard was the best of the three IMO

Jericho, Ravens Flock, Benoit, Eddie G, Malenko, DDP, Booker T
This is an interesting point. For anyone watching WCW in the late 90's, the template they usually went off of was (1) NWO promo to open the show, (2) most talented workers in the business routinely putting on good matches during the mid-card, and (3) main event being 2-star match between an NWO guy and WCW guy that 9/10 would end in a schmoz.

WWF was better IMO in knowing how to book a card, and create a sense of slowly building to the main event through a series of peaks and valleys.

This is an interesting point. For anyone watching WCW in the late 90's, the template they usually went off of was (1) NWO promo to open the show, (2) most talented workers in the business routinely putting on good matches during the mid-card, and (3) main event being 2-star match between an NWO guy and WCW guy that 9/10 would end in a schmoz.

WWF was better IMO in knowing how to book a card, and create a sense of slowly building to the main event through a series of peaks and valleys.

RAW would follow the same schtick too though. Great opening promo/angle/show setup, filler, top of the hour money match/promo/skit to compete, filler, finale.

Early in the Great War, you switched to RAW around the top of the hour. To see what channel you'd watch, do some frantic channel switching then go back to Nitro. WCWs upper middle card killed WWFs for most of the war, even when WWF was putting out better product as a whole.

I liked ecw in highschool but going back and watching it on the network as an adult I found it very overrated.

Back