Is it easier to get a firearms license for long guns and hand guns if your a armed security officer?

ironkhan57

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So i'm 20 years old about to be 21 in april, i am a security officer at the newark airport, and i was wondering if its easier to get a firearms license if i have a armed security officer license? I do not have a armed security license at the moment but i can get 1 before my birthday.

You're in the state of NJ? Doesn't their government website cover it?

If you don't get a good answer here then I'd try here.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/New-Jersey/50/

Nope didn't find a good answer in any of the forums on their, but i did find an answer on how to get a firearm ID and a handgun permit, one quick question so i do not have a criminal background, but i did get a restraining order earlier this year for breaking a door. Can i still get a firearms license, and i'm looking to become a armed security officer, so if i tell them that will it make my chances of getting a handgun license easier?

Nope didn't find a good answer in any of the forums on their, but i did find an answer on how to get a firearm ID and a handgun permit, one quick question so i do not have a criminal background, but i did get a restraining order earlier this year for breaking a door. Can i still get a firearms license, and i'm looking to become a armed security officer, so if i tell them that will it make my chances of getting a handgun license easier?

Good luck then. Seems like if a license is involved then a licensing bureau could be contacted for specifics. Wish I could help you.

So i'm 20 years old about to be 21 in april, i am a security officer at the newark airport, and i was wondering if its easier to get a firearms license if i have a armed security officer license? I do not have a armed security license at the moment but i can get 1 before my birthday.

Are you TSA? I think for licensed armed security, it be the same. For civilians most places make handgun or CCW harder to get than long gun. The armed security licensing classes will also answer any questions.

Are you TSA? I think for licensed armed security, it be the same. For civilians most places make handgun or CCW harder to get than long gun. The armed security licensing classes will also answer any questions.

Ok i think you have to have a handgun permit to take the classes if i'm not mistaken?

Edit: no i work for another security company in the airport, a lesser payed one unfortunately

Your such a sad bitch who has to put other people down, what your momma didn't give you enough love when you were younger lol?

Calm down mall cop! You're the last person who should be armed

"Occupation:
Security officer, fighter
Training Background:
Been training since feb 2013 (bjj [not actively] muay thai, mma)
I am a fighter whose putting his whole life into mma, and i will become champion and will become the best."

but i did get a restraining order earlier this year for breaking a door.

Question 11, H. Does this apply to you?

page1-1200px-Atf_form_4473-firearms_transaction_record_5300_9revised_0.pdf.jpg

First thought I had seeing this too.

My guess is you are probably fucked with a restraining order against you. Security companies are not likely to arm someone in their employ who has any sort of hit involving judgement under pressure.

Last edited:
Ok i think you have to have a handgun permit to take the classes if i'm not mistaken?

Edit: no i work for another security company in the airport, a lesser payed one unfortunately

You know it messed up with private sector worker is making less doing same job as a public servant.

You know it messed up with private sector worker is making less doing same job as a public servant.

I'm working on becoming a firefighter too, idk if those jobs mix though. But what @Lastofthemohican doesn't know about me is that i am a good person, who doesn't go around hitting people, none the less i wouldn't use a gun to shoot someone out of anger. I'm not that crazy if i was i would've gotten fired at the airport already.

page1-1200px-Atf_form_4473-firearms_transaction_record_5300_9revised_0.pdf.jpg

Nope, because the owner of the place did not press charges. So i think i'm good, but when i printed out that application it didn't ask if i had a restraining order for harassment or threatening and i don't have a criminal background.

Edit: i just realized those aren't the same sheets, but i think i'm good. I also did not get banned for harassment or threatening, i got a restraining order because i got angry broke the door, because of my annoying twin bro, it was at a gas station that he worked at, but i've learnt my lesson. And am never doing that again.

Last edited:
Calm down mall cop! You're the last person who should be armed

"Occupation:
Security officer, fighter
Training Background:
Been training since feb 2013 (bjj [not actively] muay thai, mma)
I am a fighter whose putting his whole life into mma, and i will become champion and will become the best."

Ok, so you just quoted my profile information for what reason? You really are a dumbass, i really hope you actually went to school instead of reading the kids books in the library because you are retarded.

Ok, so you just quoted my profile information for what reason? You really are a dumbass, i really hope you actually went to school instead of reading the kids books in the library because you are retarded.

Because you are 100% completely full of shit. You aren't a fighter, you aren't going to be a cop or firefighter. You sit on this forum acting like some sort of tough guy and spewing out shit to everyone who questions you in the slightest. z

Because you are 100% completely full of shit. You aren't a fighter, you aren't going to be a cop or firefighter. You sit on this forum acting like some sort of tough guy and spewing out shit to everyone who questions you in the slightest. z

Omfg read through them again and look on my instagram @adambeastkhan, you are retarded i had posted a smoker that i had 2 years ago on here too. And your a keyboard warrior, you come on here talking shit when i have no coral with you i'm a nice guy. But i dont want to be your friend i don't threaten people who question me notice how i was nicer to the @eternaldarkness guy when he started being nicer to me. Your just really looking for a reason to hate.

Back