Relationship HYUUUGE update: My oldest friend is in the hospital. Please check out my new post

Glad to hear he's doin better. Do you know if the cards i sent got to him? I am unable to get to an actual post office to send the usual way so I have no way of knowing if the postage i used was enough, etc. The post cards would have been Great Lakes related...

Glad to hear he's doin better. Do you know if the cards i sent got to him? I am unable to get to an actual post office to send the usual way so I have no way of knowing if the postage i used was enough, etc. The post cards would have been Great Lakes related...
I will check with them and find out, and then get back to you here. Thanks for your concern.

To everybody, today, he posted that the nasal feeding tube is out for good, he has no restrictions on liquids and he can eat mushy food. So he's getting there. Please keep the Christmas and/or outdoor scene postcards coming. They're really very much appreciated and he's a guy that's totally worth it, trust me on this one.

Just found this thread, is our countrymen still in the hospital at the address given bro?

Just found this thread, is our countrymen still in the hospital at the address given bro?
Yup. Spent the holidays there. I believe the day he will leave the hospital is coming into sight, but I don't know when it will be.

Yup. Spent the holidays there. I believe the day he will leave the hospital is coming into sight, but I don't know when it will be.

Just found this thread I will send a get well card. Hopefully today if not Monday it will be a little warmer not much fun here today.

Just found this thread I will send a get well card. Hopefully today if not Monday it will be a little warmer not much fun here today.
That's great, thank you, but please note, they're just looking for scenes of outdoor views, a post card with a nice picture on it, nothing elaborate.

Hey @Rebound59 this is the first time I'm seeing this thread. I'm sorry this is happening to your friend but I'm glad to see he's getting better. I'll make sure to send something this week.

You're a great friend.

Hey @Rebound59 this is the first time I'm seeing this thread. I'm sorry this is happening to your friend but I'm glad to see he's getting better. I'll make sure to send something this week.

You're a great friend.
That's awesome. Yes, thanks for reminding me I needed to update this. Just the other day was 5 months in the hospital for Garfield. Everyone, please, let's keep the cards coming. They've dropped off to pretty much nothing lately.

Thanks to everyone who has sent cards already too.

Just sent a Liberty City postcard to Goatfield

Just saw the thread. How is your friend doing ? Still at the same hospital / room ?

Just saw the thread. How is your friend doing ? Still at the same hospital / room ?
Thanks for your inquiry. Yes, he's still there, although he's doing much better and should be out before too much longer. If you would like to send a card, please do, it will be appreciated.

Update: still improving, expected to be able to go home as soon as they can get a hospital bed, I think.

Thanks for all the support, sherbros.

Thanks, everyone, for all your support.

Great news, he's out of the hospital now, and all set up at home. It won't be easy, obviously, but they're both a lot happier now that he can get around in a motorized chair, and sleep at home.

Great news, he's out of the hospital now, and all set up at home. It won't be easy, obviously, but they're both a lot happier now that he can get around in a motorized chair, and sleep at home.

Just curious, are you from Summerside too?

Just curious, are you from Summerside too?
Nope, the other megalopolis LOL

Well, it's big enough to have an MMA gym that hosts a (maybe former?) UFC fighter anyway ;-)

good to know, with support from family and friends he will be fine

Been following this off and on for a bit, glad to see he's doing better! Finally got around to visiting his and his wife's f/b pages. Turns out two of his wife's facebook friends have friends in common w/ me...who woulda thunk lol. Small world.....

Been following this off and on for a bit, glad to see he's doing better! Finally got around to visiting his and his wife's f/b pages. Turns out two of his wife's facebook friends have friends in common w/ me...who woulda thunk lol. Small world.....
Edit: I forgot to say thank you. I blame the drugs. More on that upon request since it’s OT.
Awesome. Drop them a line and tell them you're from Sherdog and that I sent you. Garfield is back home now and doing a lot better, but now the struggle has barely begun for his wife, who is now also his principle caregiver. They can still use all the encouragement they can get.

And hey everybody, while you're at it, feel free to make a donation to Muscular Dystrophy research and sponsor Garfield.
https://e3.365dm.com/18/06/1096x616/skynews-donald-trump-president_4330338.jpg?20180607182911

Last edited:
Incidentally, @sideboob, in my book you might have the GOAT av on here. It’s the bomb.

Back