Floyd Mayweather & Sugar Ray Leonard go at it on Instagram

Why do people still say dumb shit like "him or him MURDERS Floyd".
When have you ever seen Floyd get close to 'getting murdered'.

You can love him or hate him, but Mayweather was exceptionally good at making incredible fighters look ordinary (and turning great fights into shitshows, but that depends on where you stand on that side of the argument).

Neither Hearns or Leonard would have an easy night against Floyd. People still down to downplay his incredible career, in ring boxing skills and credentials because of irrational vitriol.

That being said, this is very petty by Floyd as well. I'm not surprised though, he's always been like that.

Yeah, it's a 40 year old closet case with daddy issues acting out over a guy he's always been incredibly jealous of. That would explain the randomness of it.
Nah, you're seeing what you want to see. Floyd has done this trash talking to everyone.

51-0

coming soon

lol

he did just fight a 0-0 guy

nEbe4F6.jpg

> Floyd talking mess
> Floyd calling TH "easy work"
> SRL telling Floyd he beat his dad's ass

giphy.gif
Er .. for y'all who havent' actually seen that fight Ray dint really stop Floyd Sr. In the final round they stopped it basically for nothing just because Ray was an Olympic gold medal winner and it would have been viewed negatively for Floyd to go the distance which he earned imho and that ref needed his ass whupped for stopping it.

I would love to see Floyd in there with Tommy Hearns.

Hearns absolutely murks him inside four rounds. Worst style and physical match up imaginable for Floyd.

I would love to see Floyd in there with Tommy Hearns.

Hearns absolutely murks him inside four rounds. Worst style and physical match up imaginable for Floyd.
Floyd is 50-0, his best attribute throughout his career was negating the effect of opponents punches.

Why does every mythical matchup involving Floyd bring out people predicting Floyd gets stopped early? Put Floyd at his lowest weight against atgs miles bigger than him then yeah. Even if you consider him the underdog he is live in a fight at 147 with hearns.

I'm familiar with Floyd's career and the talking he's done. This is hardly the first time he's said he'd beat Leonard.

It's also not the first time he's just randomly started trolling on another boxer's social media account like an autistic teenager, either. He does it all the time.

Floyd is 50-0, his best attribute throughout his career was negating the effect of opponents punches.

Why does every mythical matchup involving Floyd bring out people predicting Floyd gets stopped early?
Because many people don't like Floyd. The old emotion clouding judgement which is very common in the sport of boxing. Believing what they WANT to believe.

I'm away to work on a time machine so i can see Hearns vs Mayweather at welterweight.

To beat hearns you had to go through hell to do it.

Roberto vs Floyd at lightweight would have been a belter of a fight.

Because many people don't like Floyd. The old emotion clouding judgement which is very common in the sport of boxing. Believing what they WANT to believe.

i rarely get into floyd mayweather debates because flomos generally are newbies to the sport and the dumbest guys on boxing forums but i like floyds 130-140 run, 147 full of holes sans the dlh and canelo fight, both excellent wins even though canelo was green and oscar no longer prime

floyds retirement, if you want to even call it that, would be no different than ward retiring and then coming back two years later to fight baterbiev, bivol or oleksander after they all suffered ko losses.

thats not going to happen as ward is cut from a different cloth obviously starting with fighting an undefeated kovalev who was on many p4p lists

Floyd wouldn't go near him if their careers overlapped and both were near top form. In fact, he'd probably give him the ol' "Pacquiao treatment" and wait him out until he was old and slow, wheel-chairing around. Which is a shame because Floyd is very good.

Leonard was beatable, as shown in the Duran fight, but Duran had to work for each of the rounds he won. Floyd couldn't sustain that work rate. Leonard was a near-total package that could find another gear when he was tired and fight like an SOB. In a twelve round fight I give Leonard at least a slight edge (probably 7-5 on the cards), and over 15 I like Leonard's odds even more.

Floyd wouldn't go near him if their careers overlapped and both were near top form. In fact, he'd probably give him the ol' "Pacquiao treatment" and wait him out until he was old and slow, wheel-chairing around. Which is a shame because Floyd is very good.

Leonard was beatable, as shown in the Duran fight, but Duran had to work for each of the rounds he won. Floyd couldn't sustain that work rate. Leonard was a near-total package that could find another gear when he was tired and fight like an SOB. In a twelve round fight I give Leonard at least a slight edge (probably 7-5 on the cards), and over 15 I like Leonard's odds even more.
Wait until he was a cruiserweight?

"I beat up your dad"

10-8 Sugar Ray

Dominant

Back