International US/Israel v. Iran

Will we go to war with Iran this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What the fuck is wrong with you? We(The US) should be allies with Iran. We shouldn't even be considering attacking them. Only assholes advocate for war and violence.

I honestly think that times have changed in that regard.

We are in 2018 and the US will not invade another country for SA/Israel.

It s all posturing imo.

Plus unrest happens every once in a while in Iran, which isn't weaker in any imaginable way than last time.

Imho of course.

Iran is 4 times the size of Iraq and attacking them would bankrupt the U.S. we're already swimming in debt from the last open-ended messianic war.

Last edited:
i vote a cautious no, but its trump, so anything could happen.
too early to tell yet if the protests are gonna escelate, but if they are not suppressed, it could be syria 2,0, with america arming rebels.
or this guy could happen while we all watch iran
636148775109197902-AP-China-North-Korea.jpg

I voted no, but I won't be surprised if we go to war with someone soon. Seeing that 4 star marine general tell some troops in Europe that we will probably be going to war with someone soon is a possible indicator of this.

I voted no, but I won't be surprised if we go to war with someone soon. Seeing that 4 star marine general tell some troops in Europe that we will probably be going to war with someone soon is a possible indicator of this.
Source, my man?

Source, my man?
https://www.google.com/amp/www.news...-big-ass-war-russia-general-says-759044?amp=1

Marines stationed in Norway should be prepared for a “big-ass fight” with a foreign adversary, perhaps Russia, a four-star general said during a Christmas visit.

"I hope I'm wrong, but there's a war coming," Robert Neller, a four-star who currently serves as the 37th Commandant of the Marine Corps,told the Marines in Trondheim, Norway. "You're in a fight here, an informational fight, a political fight, by your presence."

I think there was a thread on it here. I'm surprised it isn't getting more attention.

Eh that's just a General trying to make sure his lower enlisted 18-24 year old joes understand the gravity of what they are doing.

This thread is fake and gay.

Wait.

Real and straight.

Why is everyone so confident that we won't do it? The Jerusalem move was a huge thing. Mossad is absolutely shit stirring in Iran as I type this. Also, we were already targeting Iran for giving weapons to the the Houthi in Yemen. We're beating the drums at half speed already.

Not confident, just wishful thinking methinks. We're talking about a face off with a prime ally of Russia, we're stupid as fuck if we think they won't be dragged into it. Plus with the whole bullshit about not wanting to certify Iran's compliance with the nuclear deal, we would look really stupid on a world stage. I'm not sure you have a "coalition of the willing" this go round.

I honestly think that times have changed in that regard.

We are in 2018 and the US will not invade another country for SA/Israel.

It s all posturing imo.

Plus unrest happens every once in a while in Iran, which isn't weaker in any imaginable way than last time.

Imho of course.

It's a dangerous misconception to think that US bloodlust for Iran is simply surrogacy for Saudi Arabia or Israel. That's a big part of it, sure. But the American political legacy/military machinery has for decades had a vendetta for Iran much like its vendetta for Cuba, as both were able to unprecedentedly rebuke American (and in the case of Iran, British) economic colonialism and refuse to honor odious debt or expropriation of their country's wealth and resources. The very existence of the Islamic Republic is a testament to the denial of American hegemony and to the sovereignty of what would otherwise be a valuable economic asset to the US economy.

Realistically, there hasn't been a plausible reason for the fear mongering over Iran (or Cuba) for decades.

It's a dangerous misconception to think that US bloodlust for Iran is simply surrogacy for Saudi Arabia or Israel. That's a big part of it, sure. But the American political legacy/military machinery has for decades had a vendetta for Iran much like its vendetta for Cuba, as both were able to unprecedentedly rebuke American (and in the case of Iran, British) economic colonialism and refuse to honor odious debt or expropriation of their country's wealth and resources. The very existence of the Islamic Republic is a testament to the denial of American hegemony and to the sovereignty of what would otherwise be a valuable economic asset to the US economy.

Realistically, there hasn't been a plausible reason for the fear mongering over Iran (or Cuba) for decades.
{<redford}

Why is everyone so confident that we won't do it? The Jerusalem move was a huge thing. Mossad is absolutely shit stirring in Iran as I type this. Also, we were already targeting Iran for giving weapons to the the Houthi in Yemen. We're beating the drums at half speed already.

Hopefulness is certainly a part of it.

But, in the additional hope that there is any note of institutional competency left in the US political state, there's just not enough potential return on the investment of full-scale war. There's political capital to be had, sure, to the extent that it distracts from the utter incompetence and corruption in domestic affairs and would likely increase the odds of Trump's reelection, but there isn't a whole lot of financial upside to the move especially in the shadow of the Iraq blunder and the floundering oil market.

Hopefulness is certainly a part of it.

But, in the additional hope that there is any note of institutional competency left in the US political state, there's just not enough potential return on the investment of full-scale war. There's political capital to be had, sure, to the extent that it distracts from the utter incompetence and corruption in domestic affairs and would likely increase the odds of Trump's reelection, but there isn't a whole lot of financial upside to the move especially in the shadow of the Iraq blunder and the floundering oil market.
I think Israel may expropriate a lot of land over the next year, and make a big move for regional hegemony. The new Saudi Prince is probably on board, for some kind of economic concessions. So, we would be backing an Israeli play after Iran is blamed for ab escalation in tension as Israel is making their push. I just have a great deal of concern about the current accumulation of events.

How many times has a sitting president been voted out while the US was at war? If Trump wants to stay in office we might just go for spite.

Edit: voted yes.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.newsweek.com/us-troops-should-prepare-big-ass-war-russia-general-says-759044?amp=1

I think there was a thread on it here. I'm surprised it isn't getting more attention.
That sounds more like something to tell Marines to keep them thinking about their job.

But interestingly, when I went to basic (AF) in March 2001, they rounded up hundreds of us in the base theater and told us we were going to war with Iraq and Afghanistan because of Osama Bin Laden. Not saying false flag or anything like that, but it's obvious that we were looking for any fucking excuse to invade those countries.

Back