Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - January, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good call..i didnt get to tail. by the time you posted it i was asleep and i didnt wake up till 2nd quarter and celtics were -500 lol
Should have just told me, I was joking about the ten likes. I def was holding out for Celtics -2 though

I think I have some solid value here. Odds up for a couple of hours more.

Dota 2 - Captain's draft Lan

Favorites to win are Team Secret, OG and Vici gaming. Also in the tournament are EG, Empire, Pain, Mski and Col.

If everyone played to their full potential Secret would probably win this at least 50% of the time. That said I happen to know from a very good source that Secret has not been bootcamping and that they'll figure out how to play this game mode on site which they got to a couple of days ago. They're already set with qualifiers points and gets invited to everything due to their stellar fall so I'm fairly sure that they just celebrated new years and christmas, let their star mid player go home to south east asia to hang out with his family (his dad died a couple of months back) and basically chilled. In short, they don't care that much about this tournament.

OG might be a dark horse, but like Secret they're mostly a western team and has had christmas + new years after their last tournament where they under preformed. I can't find anything about them bootcamping so gotta guess they are not going 100% tryhard. They do need some ranking points to feel safe, but they're not hurting by any means. They also lost to a tier 2 team at some qualifiers just before Christmas so I'm guessing it's safe to say they're not in shape.

EG has had roster changes, looked bad for a long time and I'm not sure the changes are for the better. I'd be very surprised if they made the finals here, despite them having a lot of talent.

Vici on the other hand has spent the last 10 days or so going 8-0 in series including wins over Newbee x2 (top5 team in the world by most metrics), VG.J and Ehome which are all solid wins in china. They're also in need of some ranking points, they have the same score as OG but it's much harder to qualify for tournaments from China then Europe so they might tryhard.

I think Vici for anything over +300 is a steal, and I'm fairly big on it. Vici to get to the finals at + money might be even better, since they will probably be on the other side of the bracket from Team Secret.

I also like Vici to win the quickest game at +400
, it's a crapshoot but they will probably get to go deep (more matches) and they're the 3rd quickest average in wins of the teams in the tournament over a big sample this patch. They also have a good chance to get a shitty team in their quarterfinals, which is nice for this.

As for longest game I went with Team Empire at +2100
(lol, I slashed the odds in half), I'm not even sure they'll win more then a game or two, but I think they might end up against OG in the quarterfinals which then puts a team that the last year or so has been in a lot of stupid long games (think they hold the record) against a team that, when they're in the zone, never ever gives up no matter what tiny chance they think they have no matter how fucking high you need to be to even see that chance. It honestly could hit.

Can get Vici @6.00 and to reach final @2.25.

Sounds good to me! 1u on each.

Edit: going 2u on reach final @2.25

Last edited:
I have a very strong play this weekend for NFL playoffs. Just have to do a little more research and then ill post

Doesn’t look like the line is going to move

Boston Celtics ML (-150) 4.5u to win 3u

Expect Cavs to get started fast. Going to add another unit live if I can get odds better than +150
Great play. Didn't tail and never got a good LB price but man what a performance from Boston. Was James having an off night as well or is Boston's defense that good?

the cleveland cavaliers are going to be a completely different team with IT. im a life long celtics fan and i dont give them much of a chance against the cavs, especailly if morris is not 100 percent, which he probably wont be for the remainder of the season

you would have to watch the cavs to understand how bad jr smith was and how good IT is going to make cleveland

Ok my strong play this week is KC/Tenn under 44 for 3.3u to
Win 3u. 14 straight home games the chiefs have held opponents to 20 or fewer points dating back to last year and have faced much more potent offenses than the titans in that stretch. The titans offense is very mediocre.
Edit: also i should add that the titans defense are top 8 in yards per play and are good at not giving up big plays even more so on the road believe it or not

Last edited:
New blood here!

I'm currently running a betting game on another forum and wondering if anybody here would like to
start a Sherdog Fantasy game as well?

No money involved, it's all just for fun.

If there is enough interest, we can even compete across both MMA forums for all of the bragging rights!

Let me know and I'll post more details.

I’m being very careless here and I don’t really recommend tailing unless you totally feel the same way- but I’m rolling the original bet and winnings from last nights Boston game to the Warriors tonight.

Warriors ML -185 risk: 7.5u to win 4.05u

It’s not really a that high confidence, it’s essentially just parlaying the two MLs together

I’m being very careless here and I don’t really recommend tailing unless you totally feel the same way- but I’m rolling the original bet and winnings from last nights Boston game to the Warriors tonight.

It’s not really a that high confidence, it’s essentially just parlaying the two MLs together

I think ML bet is a really good bet. I have 1 unit on it. Steph Curry is back from injury and has fresh legs. Golden State too deep for Houston right now. They are going to throw multiple looks at Chris Paul.

I think ML bet is a really good bet. I have 1 unit on it. Steph Curry is back from injury and has fresh legs. Golden State too deep for Houston right now. They are going to throw multiple looks at Chris Paul.
Chris Paul has never really figured out how to guard Steph. I think the Rockets second unit is going to get eaten up because they don’t have anyone running the show for them. I’ll take the Team w three guys who can create their own shot in a revenge spot (Houston beat GS in the season opener in golden state)

Also, I caution you guys not to go too crazy w OKC tonight. They’re a square play imo. I’ll be on the Clippers ML unless the spread gets to +3

Ignore my previous post- didn’t notice OKC blew the Lakers out last night and starters got to rest for the fourth q

if its not that high confidence why not wait to live bet in the event houston starts fast?

im hoping for even money on gs, if not, im going to pass

if its not that high confidence why not wait to live bet in the event houston starts fast?

im hoping for even money on gs, if not, im going to pass
Thats what im wanting to do

I think I’m going to go with a Clippers 1Q or 1H line I think they come out strong here. Concerned about Westbrook carving up whoever they throw at him though. I like how they have played with Griffin back, and Lou Williams gives them a lot off the bench. Will be on them in some way +1.5 full game currently.

I’d like to be on the Rockets but I don’t see their bench giving them enough tonight. Hoping for -3 and then I’ll take Warriors for 1.5 or 2u. If not I’ll do Warriors money line 0.5 or something like that.

Good win by Golden State, Gerald Green kept Houston in the game, wasn't expecting that 3 point barrage from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back