UFC 220 - Miocic vs Ngannou - Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is a fun card, but pretty weak in name power for a PPV.

I did not prove my point, you did it for me by acknowledging you don't know who is fighting. So then how could you know which is a good or a bad fight? you get it?

If people were as tough in real life as they attempt to be while typing anonymously on a keyboard, this card would certainly have fighters that would be way more exciting.

If i can get stipe at +200 ill get a chub. Anyone think it happens?

My concern about Stipe is he often gets tagged early. Like when he fought Reem...Stipe was in trouble early and then came back to win. Stipe won't have that luxury to comeback against the stallion.

Also Struve of all people KO'd Stipe. I like Stipe and he is obviously good but he does leave himself open at times. This will be interesting for sure. If it was my money I would just play the under. It is simply a race for who can find the chin first. This doesn't get our of r1.

My concern about Stipe is he often gets tagged early. Like when he fought Reem...Stipe was in trouble early and then came back to win. Stipe won't have that luxury to comeback against the stallion.

Also Struve of all people KO'd Stipe. I like Stipe and he is obviously good but he does leave himself open at times. This will be interesting for sure. If it was my money I would just play the under. It is simply a race for who can find the chin first. This doesn't get our of r1.

Hmm. I dunno.

It might not be a race to Ngannou's chin. We haven't really seen him take a shot, have we? As you say, we do know Stipe can get ko'd. I can see a path out of Round 1. Both will know it's a 5 rounder. Both will be wary of the power on either side.

Friggin HW....

If i can get stipe at +200 ill get a chub. Anyone think it happens?

I think there's a chance, I'm waiting until the weigh ins to make my bet for that reason exactly, I think more money is gona come in on Francis but who knows. That's what happened with the Reem fight if I'm not mistaken.

That's true, but he's also survived in there twice vs. JDS and Hunt. I'm also wondering if Stipe looks to wrestle early and just wear out Ngannou before going for a late finish.

That's true, but he's also survived in there twice vs. JDS and Hunt. I'm also wondering if Stipe looks to wrestle early and just wear out Ngannou before going for a late finish.

That’s gotta be the plan. But will he succeed before Ngannous death touch happends? I really don’t know...

Possibly, +180 at least is very likely imo

I think so too. UFC probably going to push Ngannou hard and once public starts seeing promos of Ngannou knocking everybody out especially Overeem knockout, money should come in on Ngannou to that point at sometime, driving Stipe odds up.

I think so too. UFC probably going to push Ngannou hard and once public starts seeing promos of Ngannou knocking everybody out especially Overeem knockout, money should come in on Ngannou to that point at sometime, driving Stipe odds up.
Can vouch for this, got a lot of friends that are casuals and I’m constantly hearing “that nganuuuu guy is going to destroy that mioceec guy” with no other reason than they saw him KO overeem. spelling mistakes intended lol

Lbfighting said:
"Gonna avoid pre betting fights that are obviously better for live betting this year.

DC biggest example. Volkan still sucks bad despite being a fluke merchant recently but DC is now 40, weight cuts getting tougher and he's coming off a KO loss so the first round is dodgy. Volkan gasses horribly though (predisposed) so if DC survives the first it's gonna only be a matter of time before he gets a sub. Highly likely we get DC and DC ITD at better odds without the fluke merchant risk."

I was thinking of doing the same, but I am not so sure DC and DC ITD get any better. Volk is unlikely to have sustained success, so you are hoping that it is a close 1st round or that Volk drops him and DC survives. On the other hand, if DC comes to wrestle from the get-go, which I would expect him to do, and he has success early, your chances of betting DC at all will go out the window as he will balloon quickly. I instead already hit Volkan rd 1 +875 as a hedge to my DC action, which just includes 1u on his ITD line at -121 for now, but will be adding to that as the event nears.

Lbfighting said:
"Gonna avoid pre betting fights that are obviously better for live betting this year.

DC biggest example. Volkan still sucks bad despite being a fluke merchant recently but DC is now 40, weight cuts getting tougher and he's coming off a KO loss so the first round is dodgy. Volkan gasses horribly though (predisposed) so if DC survives the first it's gonna only be a matter of time before he gets a sub. Highly likely we get DC and DC ITD at better odds without the fluke merchant risk."

I was thinking of doing the same, but I am not so sure DC and DC ITD get any better. Volk is unlikely to have sustained success, so you are hoping that it is a close 1st round or that Volk drops him and DC survives. On the other hand, if DC comes to wrestle from the get-go, which I would expect him to do, and he has success early, your chances of betting DC at all will go out the window as he will balloon quickly. I instead already hit Volkan rd 1 +875 as a hedge to my DC action, which just includes 1u on his ITD line at -121 for now, but will be adding to that as the event nears.
Exactly my thought on that, what's to say DC doesn't take him down the first 30 seconds and starts working him over. +800 r1 is a great hedge to a pre DC ml/itd bet

It never ceases to amaze me how UFC fans fall for the same bs hipe again, and again, and again...

I don't trust anything that comes out of Joe Rogan's mouth.

Stipe by ground and pound or decision.

There is no denying that Ngannou looked terrifying v. Reem. Even look at the style Reem employed to fight him...Reem's movement was erratic on purpose because he was really scared of getting clipped.

Ngannou is legit. Can any hw get kod? Of course, but his power and strength and striking can not be denied. Is he the best all around skill wise? No but the skill he does have boxing and his natural gifts make him a force.

It never ceases to amaze me how UFC fans fall for the same bs hipe again, and again, and again...

I don't trust anything that comes out of Joe Rogan's mouth.

Stipe by ground and pound or decision.

960x0.jpg

At what point here is Rogan talking or the UFC hype machine churning?

You out yourself in this forum by making statements that consider so little. About HW, no less.

View attachment 320935

At what point here is Rogan talking or the UFC hype machine churning?

You out yourself in this forum by making statements that consider so little. About HW, no less.

I say it because Rogan is a typical case of the hyping that surrounds every UFC card. Everybody is a "phenom" or "the greatest athlete that's ever lived" until they get ktfo and exposed for what they are in their next engagement, or simply test positive.

Everybody and their mother has ko Overeem. Add to that Ngannou's questionable record and there's no reason to consider him a favorite to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back